• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Real Lion vs Mufasa

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
latest

latest
Speed unequal
First key Mufasa
battle is in some African planes
both start 5 meters away
"Is that a challenge?!": 7( HeadlessKramerGeoff777, Xanxussama1010, Cropfist, )
"Da Fug are you?": 2(Daddybrawl, Robot972, )
inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Either way, assuming we use the 9-B Old Scar, the normal Lion has this. Otherwise, Scar stomps with a 7-B Roar, or just by being undead and the Lion can’t hit him.

Sure, Scar’s smarter, far more intelligent than the Lion. But Scar lacks combat prowess. It’s noted in his weaknesses, even. Scar has been a coward since day one, openly admitting he can’t best the stronger, more fit Lions. The man was bested by Simba for goodness sakes, who spent a fraction of his life the way a normal lion did, and instead lived in a peaceful lands off of bugs. Meanwhile, the Lion spends its entire life hunting for prey, and if I recall a male lion commonly either practices or battles against other male Lions. This means the average Lion should have far more combat prowess than Scar, and in a fight, lying to an animal won’t do squat.

Voting for the Lion here.

Oh lord, with it being Mufasa now, that changes things. We know Mufasa should be much stronger than Scar, and, as the leader of both the Pride Lands and his own Pride, he should have some good combat experience. Mufasa is far smarter as well, likely Smart by human standards even.

The Lions best bet is this- Mufasa is old. He’s older than Scar, who, while we’re not told how old Scar is, we do know Scar is portrayed as quite old for a Lion. Meanwhile, the Lion on the profile is considered essentially in his prime. Both should at least have some experience fighting Lions, and the two seem physically comparable, with all of Mufasas stats coming from just being a Lion.

With that, I’ll keep my vote on the real Lion. Mufasa is just a smart Lion, with a lack of anything a normal Lion doesn’t have, except intelligence. But being really old for a Lion, against a prime condition Lion, should be his undoing.

Personally feel like Mufasa should be able to take this. Sure he is “old” but it isn’t like Scar where he is actually weak. Plus Scar was able to briefly fight Simba for a little bit, and this was an even older Scar. Mufasa was able to completely own the hyenas in the elephant graveyard scene, who not only were intelligent like himself, but if I remember correctly have 9-B feats. Even if not, I feel like intelligence and Mufasa’s inherent battle experience is being downplayed. Also he was able to tank being hit my full speed beasts and was only truly got by the fall, which he wasn’t prepared for. Also I feel like “old age” is being a bit embellished, as he is still considered very strong by characters like Scar, the Hyenas, and apparently the entire Pride Land. Also even if you say he is weaker (which I don’t agree with), his human intelligence and experience should allow him to make up for that. Even Scar, who was weaker than Mufasa, was able to win his fight with the stronger Simba (until he got enraged) by basically blind siding him. Also assuming Scar supervised the hyena and lioness huts to any small degree, and due to the fact the hyenas seem to fear him one on one, he even at his oldest could likely take out a single hyena or zebras.

The problem is, Lions naturally have amazing stamina. They can keep going after being impaled and such for a long time- continuing to go on is exactly something a Lion could do, and note how he died anyways. In addition, a Lion is also naturally stronger and larger than Hyenas, only kept in check by numbers of their pack.
Let’s also not forget that Scar would consider Mufasa powerful, as Mufasa’s the older Brother, and outright stated to be in better physical state. Him ruling the Pride Lands isn’t a power statement either, as he was just a great leader. Let’s not forget that, while Scar was able to tussle with Simba, Simba spent the majority of his life eating only Bugs- and improper diet for the Lion, likely leading to malnourishment if an actual Lion was used. We also see Simba get owned by Lioness’ in Combat plenty of times, both when his Girlfriend comes for him and is able to take down more hyenas than him, something a Natural Lion wouldn’t have.

Meanwhile, on the Real Lion side, we have a prime condition Male Lion. Standing in at healthy weights and prime physical age, this thing can do what Mufasa could do, better. It also has enough Stamina to withstand being smacked around by and impaled by Wildebeest and continue fighting on. This one has lived its life properly, and I believe it’s assumed it’s well fed as well. The only difference between Mufasa and the Real Lion, besides Intelligence, is Age- and since every Stat on Mufasas page comes from the assumption he’s no different from a normal Lion, the Younger Lion naturally should be able to take down a very Old Lion.

I thought they were both good. Honestly, preferred the 2019 one over the original. Something about the realistic aesthetic made it more appealing.

...why are we presuming Mufasa isn't in his prime?

Usual estimates for Simba are in the 4-year old range by the end, and presuming the poetic nature of story, Mufasa shouldn't really be more 5 or 6, still in prime age for Lions

Scar is not really that old, I always got the impression he was moreso just malnutritioned and weaker since he wasn't able to eat much.

Back