• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a question on dimensions

We usually assume 3-D. If they exist beyond spacetime 4-D. If they transcend 4-D stuff they're 5-D.

Explicit statements of being higher dimensional count if the verses use dimensions as levels of existence

i mean if you determine it by cosmology...just how do you determine dimensionality of a character with cosmology?

You look at how many steps above a standard universal space-time they are.

each higher dimension has to see the others as fiction (magic), be countless infinitely larger than the lower one (doctor who) or be inconceivable and untouchable by the lower dimension (DC comics and destiny)

Although I think there may be more ways.

Oliver de jesus said:
be countless infinitely larger than the lower one (doctor who)
I don't think they're explicitly called infinitely larger, but the dimensions are shown as levels of existence (6-D beings transcend a 5-D structure that transcends a 2-A multiverse, for example)

this is just getting more intriguing but how do you know how many dimensions does a character transcends withut statements for example beyond the 12th

You don't. Without looking into the levels of existence that exist above 4-D space-time there isn't a way to do so.

we take as an example the abbreviation

if you say for example:

"to the tired several levels beyond the known 12"

or if it is plural

"as I exist at higher levels than yours"

Planck69 said:
You don't. Without looking into the levels of existence that exist above 4-D space-time there isn't a way to do so.
so staements are required to determine such things?

Uniasha said:
i mean if you determine it by cosmology...just how do you determine dimensionality of a character with cosmology?
Transcending a realm that a 2-A multiverse appears like how a shadow appears to 3D characters (Narnia)

what if this character exists outside of an infinite amount of 2A structures and transcends the concept of space and time would that just make them 5D

No, he specifically has to view the multiverse as infinitesimal in comparison. Existing outside of a certain cosmology isn't always transcendence.

Transcending the concepts of space and time sound like 1-A, but there usually need to be more evidence before clarifying it is 1-A

Planck69 said:
No, he specifically has to view the multiverse as infinitesimal in comparison. Existing outside of a certain cosmology isn't always transcendence.
well from what you said that is exactly how the buddhas from si you ji(not the religion) views the verse

For a character to be 5D, they have to see a 4D multiverse (doesn't matter if it's 2-C, 2-B or 2-A sized) as infinitesimally small by comparison, like how you would see your shadow

Unless you're talking about a different quote than what you've shown me then no, that quote isn't even remotely enough for Low 1-C.

Planck69 said:
Unless you're talking about a different quote than what you've shown me then no, that quote isn't even remotely enough for Low 1-C.
technically si you ji's verse is on the exxtremely low end of the bargain

It ain't. Let me reiterate, the verse cosmology being Tier 2 is iffy. You really think Low 1-C is gonna fly?

alternatively, one can also qualify for its lower end by creating and/or destroying an uncountably infinite number of universes, or more generally, showcasing uncountably infinite power/size when compared to 4-D beings or objects.

from my understanding its on this lower end by a small margin

When have uncountably infinite universes ever been showcased at all? No amount of concept yin-yang stuff will get you that.

Planck69 said:
When have uncountably infinite universes ever been showcased at all? No amount of concept yin-yang stuff will get you that.
???

it wasnt by that actually

besides that wukong is not comparable to buddha anyway even if wukong gained buddhahood

Back