• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about Gallantmon's tier

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Why Base Gallantmon is rated as "At least 3-A, likely Low 2-C"? According to his profile, he is equal to a Low 2-C and comparable to two "At least Low 2-C".

So why he isn't simply rated as "Low 2-C"?

He's scaled to the base Royal Knights. Although this may mean an upgrade for the Databook Royal Knights.

I mean, all of the Royal Knights are scaled from Low 2-C characters/feats, the only 3-A character that they are scaled from is Cherubimon

As well as those who scale to ShineGreymon....sigh....Why is it when everytime one Digimon gets an update 20+ files do as well...The life of Digimon scaling...

If it can be of any consultation, I once had to revise a whole verse just because of a new calc

That does help. Problem is, most of these pages are locked since the Royal Knights cap at High 2-A right now.

Oddly enough, the same character has also indirectly caused this thread because I decided to put him in a battle against Gallantmon, and then i noticed this strange thing about the scaling.

Because the Royal Knights actual feats (the albeit few of them) are all around 3-A. ChaosGallantmon should be At least 3-A, likely Low 2-C like the rest.

Though they can fight the Demon Lords, they're usually portrayed as being considerably stronger, so I wasn't sure with a solid Low 2-C tiering.

Even being <<<<<<<<<<<< than a Demon Lord should be around High 3-A though, because they would need to be 4D to tank even the most casual attack (granted, if the DL aren't specifically holding back in order to let them survive)

@Kaltias

The main reason why he's at 3-A was because of the fact that we don't know if he was affecting the Digital Worlds' and Human Worlds' individual space-time when Megidramon set them to crash into each other.

That said, it might be worth upgrading him to Low 2-C or 2-C given that Megidramon's presence was going to destroy both universes in the process.

The question about Megidramon, which is the main basis for many characters being Universal, really can be tricky.

I have points that can answer about how is the representation of time in the Digital World and how the Digital Hazard was worked on other works. However for now I am working on Chocomon RT, I am uploading the videos I will use, and I can only talk about the data issue after this is completed.

Back