• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A public apology

Please, take the rest you deserve. I fully understand the struggle against your compulsions and responsibilities, as I struggle with the same. I'm glad to see you're willing to work on things and improve your situation and your health. Thank you for all your work, for everything. It's very much appreciated. This wiki wouldn't be a shadow of what it is today without you.

Thank you Promestein. I really appreciate it.

Thank you Julian and Aizenishere as well.

hey nobody is perfect and we make mistakes once in a while. everyone knows how hard you work to make this wiki the best it can be. In are few interactions you have been nothing but helpful to me since I have joined the wiki

This is perfect. Thank you for your dedication and the fact that you are willing to make up for all of your mistakes. You already know my opinion here.

Well I said it once and I'll say it again. These are great realizations, and I imagine that the atmosphere around staff will improve now. In addition it is good to see that you will remain on the Wiki, albeit less frequently, for your personal health and the health of the community.

Let's build this Wiki up together, everyone.

For what it's worth, you always seem pretty cool, helpful and professional to me and never really saw or heard anything unprofessional from you. I mean compared to how other people might be, you are dealing with this in a really healthy and resposible manner.

Plus, this whole site is amazing because of people like you putting so much time and effort people like you put into it; if it ever gets to much, I think it's safe to say we're here to help however we can within reason.

Take care bud.

I'm sorry about that Antvastima, but I should be apologizing to you. I was so caught up on this wiki that I forgot I was pushing you right past the limit

Your wellbeing is more important than mine and I should take that into realization. Antvastima, you are the reason this wiki is so amazing and for that I and the entire community owe you a big thanks and good luck in 2018

Let's build up the Wiki up together!

Thank you Kepekley23, Assaltwaffle, and JnSteHar002.

I hope that the staff morale will improve if I try to shape up, and I will still be on the wiki every day that I can. I will just try to avoid most content revision threads, and help the staff collaborate regarding the new edit-patrolling script, that seems to now work properly with the new version that I have installed.

@Minecraftlover67

Thanks, but you have nothing to do with me overexerting myself. There is nothing to worry about in that regard.

Also, this wiki's success has been a team effort. I couldn't have done almost anything on my own.

I am happy to hear this Ant. I know deep dowm you're a good person, however mental issues are something we can't control. I never took any of our occassional comfrontations personally, I know you have good intentions. You can expect to receive full support from the community and myself. Thanks for your work

I am sorry that you are so burnt, but hey, no need to overxert yourself, that is why we have a large staff.

I hope you turn out fine.

One of the most important things in a conflict is to take accountability for things you have done wrong, and it's really good to see that you have done that. I hope your life gets less stressful soon and I appreciate that you are trying super hard to make this wiki the best it can be.

Thank you Joseph619, Numbersguy, Js250476, and Tenebricite.

I perfectly understand the situation @Antvasima. You've been phenomenal help to the Wiki; and overall, the most important contributor here. But it's also quite understandable that even you have you human limits and a RL to deal with as well. So whatever decision you make, you do have my support all the way and I will help out the wiki the best I can as well.

As a side note, I too have a link to my FanFiction.Net account on my profile that the staff are more then welcome to contact me via PM for anything important.

I have no clue what's going on. I all I got from this is that you said some shit because you're brain if fried and I totally know how that feels like. So, I forgive you for whatever you did. Seriously though, exams are next week and I don't want to use my brain anymore today.

Good lord, you need to give yourself a break. 12 hours is a bit unsustainable to say the least. I know what it means when, as Neolancer said, you're mentally exhausted and do something impulsive. Maybe give yourself a break for a few days, and make sure to give a good sleep schedule. Take care of yourself, man.

I know you mean well, you did unban me when I was acting rather out of control, and I thank you for that.

Anyway Ant, try to take care of yourself is all I can really say. You shouldn't let this harm your mental health, you work extremely hard as is and this wiki would never have gotten half as big without such dedication.

I'm not aware of all the drama that happened, but I'm impressed by your response and and touched by the response. Self-improvement is never easy, and your OCD, paranoia and autism likely make things harder, but it's always very courageous to take a step forward. Great job for maintaining the wiki running! We're with you.

I have been reflecting, and I think moderating suspicious edits makes up most of Antvasima's workload by far. And this is worrying, because this is a task that should usually be left to administrators and content moderators.

However, with one of our content moderators leaving, only three are left. I believe we should step up a little regarding suspicious edits here.

Well that is true considering that Ant's job, as a Bureaucrat, is Wiki Management and making sure that Site Policy is enforced.

I understand, Antvas. The desire to improve upon a work you're at the head of, to oversee everything, is only natural. I hope you can trust us to lighten the load on you in the future to come.

It's okay, man. I don't think you're bad, but any issues you may have, I hope you can overcome them. Please, be well, & I hope you can live a lot more free of stress!

I just checked, and VSBW currently has nearly fifty staff members. We have enough team members to patrol all edits and keep the wiki out of control, you don't have to keep all the work for you. I would, in your case, take more time for myself and take care of my health (not only would I do it, I did it; I was very similar to you on my wiki last year, and stopping being so greatly improved my mental health) .

Best wishes to you, Ant.

I hope you recover well enough. Pushing your health and mental well-being on what essentially amounts to a persistent hobby surely has to detract from your appreciation of said hobby as well as causing unintended bitterness. You should be able to rest as long as you need; the admins and moderators are generally very aware of all things that go against the conventions of this website and work tirelessly to correct said issues, at least in my experience.

Angewomonis
No worries Mr.Antvasima...It's one thing to admit that one is wrong for their actions and the fact you actually have the balls to do so is admirable along with all the hard work and effort you put into this wikia...Ant as a person you are someone many would want to look up to and this even goes for outside this wikia
Anyways all your sins have been forgiven :)

Ever thought of taking an extended break from managing VS Battles? With the amount of work you put into this Wiki and the stress it brings you as you have said time and time again, it might be a good idea to take an extended vacation. Maybe a couple months?

Thank you Azathoth, ThePerpetual, Unite My Rice, Kevyn Souza, Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, Aeyu, DarkDragonMedeus, TheNeolancer, BruceTheBatman, GoldenScorpions, Super Saiyan God Julian, Imaginym, VersusJunkie54, Magi Hussie, Hizack123, SuperBearNeoX, and Natse.

I am not planning a vacation yet, but will try to significantly reduce my workload. I will likely inform the admins and content moderators about an update to the edit-patrolling script in the very near future.

Not gonna lie. I have had the same issue in my life. Many people have complained over my desires to "save the world" and claim it is too unnatural. I also have Autism and had the issue of eventually accepting that I can't change everything.

I wish you luck with your problems Antvasima

Thank you Megamangohan and Raian230.

Back