• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Planet Buster tries to bust a Moon (Frieza versus Nyx)

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Unsure if this is a good matchup, but the moment I thought of the title I knew I had to give it a shot.

Post Tournament of Power Frieza versus True Nyx

Speed is equalised. Fight takes place in space, with Frieza fighting Nyx directly (as Nyx is a moon). Otherwise, SBA.

Who will win?

A Planet Buster:

A Moo:

Makoto comes in and seals Nyx away, making the match pointless (incon):

Freeza db fighterz
TrueNyx

Frieza does have a massive range advantage, but at this close of range its jst a matter of frieza punching before being haxed.

True, but by SBA they'd be starting at only a few kilometres apart.

What is Frieza's AP scaling, exactly?

Well, he is stronger than SSB Goku in the broly saga, which is post all the amps Goku gets in the ToP, which seem to be quite numerous.

I see. Is there an exact scaling chain for Frieza that can be used? Nyx has a pretty immense scaling chain, though I've heard DB also has pretty immense scaling chains too.

No problem. I'll see if I can ask someone.

Idk, the conseus is:

Golden Frieza > SSB Goku (DBSB) >> SSBE Vegeta/SSBKKx20 Goku (ToP) >>> SSJ2 Kefla > UIO2 Goku >> SSB Goku post UIO2 > UIO1 Goku >>> Infinite Zamasu = Baseline.

So Frieza is way over 20x Baseline according to most people, but I am not sure myself if DBSB SSBs are > SSBKKx20 and Evo.

Anyways he's quite far onto Low 2-C.

EDIT: Nyx seems fairly haxed, does he use most of his hax instantly IC?

No, the "Death" attack is generally not considered to be literal death hax. It's rather considered to be a form of energy projection that negates resistances (to an extent). Though they do have death hax too; just not quite as likely to use it.

And if Frieza is only 20x baseline, then I'm almost certain Nyx has the AP advantage here. I thought it'd be higher, actually.

This is Nyx's scaling chain:

Nyx >>>>> Makoto Yuki (Universe Arcana) >>>> Nyx Avatar >>>> Makoto Yuki (End-Game) >>> SEES Members (End Game) >> Makoto Yuki (Late Game) > Elizabeth (Persona 3) = Lavenza >> Phantom Thieves (who are at least baseline)

So yeah, assuming the same kind of scaling chain is being used here, this might even be an AP stomp for Nyx. Are there DB characters who would be more comparable in AP? I've heard the scaling chains reach ridiculous levels, and a character with an AP advantage might make for a fairer match.

Last time I checked, the scaling chain in Super was:

Post-ToP Golden Freeza > Ikari Broly > Hint of true power Jiren > Post-2nd UIS SSJBKK Goku = SSJBE Vegeta > GoD Toppo >> SSJ2+B Kefla > Second UIS Goku >> Post-2nd UIS SSJB Goku > Casual Jiren > First UIS Goku >>> Infinite Zamas (Baseline Low 2-C)

So, assuming the scaling chains are using a similar system, are there characters in DB who are at least comparable to Nyx? I've heard the Low 2-C scaling chains get absurd, so there would surely be someone.

I mean, preferably someone in Low 2-C. Nyx will likely be getting a "likely 2-C" upgrade soon, but until then, probably best not to use someone who one-shots with a flick. :p

What's his scaling chain like?

...I mean, how do you...

The difference between Low 2-C and 2-C is generally considered unquantifiable, right? How does that even... my head hurts now

Leon Help4 said:
Frieza does have a massive range advantage, but at this close of range its jst a matter of frieza punching before being haxed.
Frieza has always gone for Death Beam before ever going into melee range. He only goes into melee range if his opponent approaches him or he isn't gaining any ground via Death Beam.

This is seen with:

Killing Dende

Shooting Goku

Blasting Trunks (albeit with a ki wave, not a Death Beam)

Torturing Gohan

Start of the ToP (starts walking around blasting people, and even uses Death Beam frequently to initiate fights)

Generally speaking, Death Beam is his usual go-to as a starter and he frequently favours long-ranged attacks.

They start close due to sba.

If freezza can just fly away faster thab Nyx could reach him, then the emperor can just outrange.

Not really. Nyx's attacks are thought-based, so she can hit him with Mudo (instant death) and insta-kill him. Any buffs he tries to do are negated with Dekaja, and can reduce his stats a variety of ways. He has range and AP, but that's about it. Nyx FRA.

What is Frieza going to do against Nyx's laundry list of (likely thought-based) hax, especially when he might not even have the AP advantage in this situation?

If they were separated, frieza would outrange bad. Even if Nyx does not use his hax as soon as the fight starts, he is stronger and would overpower.

Nyx if range is nit changed

I don't know anything about Persona and certainly not Nyx specifically, but if speed is equalised and Nyx can fly, then I'm not really seeing how Frieza is meant to outpace Nyx. I suppose it may be possible for Frieza to use paralysis on her.

Say Frieza did use paralysis and managed to get a huge range advantage. Would he actually be capable of taking her down with his attacks? What type of negations and resistances does she have to stop his attacks and catch up to him? Her page claims she has only planetary range with skills so I assume she would just react as Frieza's attacks reach her.

Leon Help4 said:
If they were separated, frieza would outrange bad.
Even if Nyx does not use his hax as soon as the fight starts, he is stronger and would overpower.

Nyx if range is nit changed
Refer to the fact that Nyx can simply lower his AP drastically, set up a shield that reflects physical AP, or incap him to hell.

It's sounding more and more like this should be considered a stomp. Sadly, DB characters don't have much resistance to mental hax or statistics reduction.

DB characters are incredibly reliant on AP (even for bypassing hax), I won't be surprised if they actually had more resistances than we think.

Btw, Chou Goku and later Anime Goku if we get an new anime could get resistance to stats reduction, The mental hax problem can be fixed by using SDBH/DBXV continuities though. Videogame Goku has some good resistances lol.

But yeah, stomp. Could this be changed to an upper DB Low 2-C such as Jiren, Broly or Goku? Maybe even a GoD.

Leon Help4 said:
Nyx never starts with mudo and it can be dodged.
Nyx is an RPG character, what she starts with is up to her. Also, Persona spells spawn where you are, as shown in P3: The Animation.

Even so, Mudo is stabbing a wooden doll and killing you. It has nothing to do with actual dodging.

Back