• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new thread for Versus thread removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support this as well, tbh. It's a legit pain for people to make a thread on say an admin or content mods wall (or even a discussion mods, in fact) or pointing that out on a talk page. But putting it on one sole thread for that would be a good idea to have. Don't see any problem with it...

Yeah. I see people messaging staffs on their wall just to remove a stomp thread and it gets kinda annoying, I would think.

Having one place to ask for it should ease the pain.

I think a few rules on the thread would also be useful, to prevent people posting any old matchup and expecting others to scan through it and agree. So I would propose something like..

"Post the matchup you believe is a stomp and list (at the most) 3 reasons as to why you think it to be so."

@Austrian: That's another thing i would like as well. Like 3 reasons why we should remove it and it'll make it even more better for us to probably move it.

Well, some reasons, not specifically 3 of them, but I suppose that there would not be any harm in something like this. Not particularly important, and potentially time-consuming though.

Sounds good to me. It's a pain to sift through dozens of threads and pages a day to hunt these down.

I suppose it could be more like the Official Render/Calc Request Threads, where it's not mandatory to respond, but doing so would be appreciated when it's appropriate.

I'm all for it. But then the staff decides if it should be removed or not, or just one person finds it justified and removes it?

I suppose that the staff does, but I would personally rather that we focus our time on more important issues, such as content revision threads, and calculations evaluations. It depends on if you think that it is okay to do both?

Okay then. Does some other administrator wish to create it, and update the front page and navigation bar accordingly, or should I do it? I am currently tired and very busy with the daily backlog, so it might take a while.

Alright. I'll go make it. I'll name it something like: The Official Versus Thread Removal?

"Versus Thread Removal Requests", or somesuch seems fine.

Ah. I forgot about this. The thread is already made here. I think there is nothing else left. I'll be closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back