• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new powers page for weapon enhancements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

It seems like we have no current page for empowering external objects such as weapons. Should we create a new "Weapon Enhancement" page, or expand on a powers page that we already have available instead? And would somebody be willing to handle the required work for this task?

We already have power bestowal, maybe we can expand the page to include objects other than characters.

If you refer to generic strength, then I think we already do that with Statistics Amplification, which currently applies to only characters, just like power bestowal.

Yeah it's just Power Bestowal imo, nothing states it can't be done to non-living objects on the file, so I'm not sure if we even need to change the description of Power Bestowal

Thank you for the information.

I cleaned up the text in the page somewhat:

While we're on the topic, I think that we need a new page for "Weapon Manipulation". To cover characters who can summon their weapon to them, or telekinetically control their weapons to fly through the air or attack with them.

I think it'd be a good replacement for giving characters straight-up telekinesis if the only thing they've been shown to have control over is a specific weapon or tool.

I am not sure. It seems like a too limited ability.

Possibly. The characters I'm thinking of for the application of it are like Thor, Ichigo and Byakuya from Bleach, King from Nanatsu no Taizai, etc. But if it is too limited, fair enough.

I believe people uses Power Bestowal to cover granting abilities to otherwise conventional weapons. Former discussions suggested the creation of the Enchanting ability, although we deemed as a form of Magic.

For character simply infusing their energies/essence into things is considered Aura I believe, although the current description may not fit.

As for Weapon Manipulation, I suggested the creation of the power Object Manipulation, when character can only control specific objects rather than simply use TK, but I believe it was rejected.

I cleaned up the text in the page somewhat:

Was my cleanup acceptable, or should further work be done? I am not sure if "themself" is correct grammar or not, so suggestions for a replacement would be appreciated.

Was my cleanup acceptable, or should further work be done? I am not sure if "themself" is correct grammar or not, so suggestions for a replacement would be appreciated.
Themselves is the correct grammar.

Here's the correct grammar: Note that just because a character can grant a power to another, does not mean that they can grant that same power to themselves. It must be stated that said ability can grant the user greater power as well. Sometimes it is seen as being [[Blessed]] by a deity or a higher being.

Everything else seems alright in terms of grammar.

Last edited:
Okay. Thank you for the help. I will make corrections.

I think this just sounds like a redundant form of Power Bestowal, though for some cases where characters can amp their own weapons with their Ki for example, that can be energy manipulation/Ki Manipulation too.

Yes. Agreed. I had forgotten about the Power Bestowal page.

Well, I already slightly expanded on the definitions of the Power Bestowal page to include both beings and objects, so I hope that's enough at least.

Possibly. The characters I'm thinking of for the application of it are like Thor, Ichigo and Byakuya from Bleach, King from Nanatsu no Taizai, etc. But if it is too limited, fair enough.
Another example would be the Creeper.

As is I'd just clarify for damage enhancement or power bestowal that they can amp objects.

I think that we decided that my suggestion would be unnecessary, given that we already have a power bestowal page.

Oh ok but a weapon manipulation page could have covered a lot of abilities such as weapon modification and enchantment, weapon related telekinesis and on spot weapon creation or summoning

Well, we already have a page that includes the ability to enhance weapons, so going through all of the pages that link to it, and redirecting them to a new page, seems like lots of unnecessary work.

Reactions: Rez
Don't forget Girugamesh!
girugamesh_guy.png

?

Well, we already have a page that includes the ability to enhance weapons, so going through all of the pages that link to it, and redirecting them to a new page, seems like lots of unnecessary work.
May be worth creating an abilities page for the plethora of characters with TK restricted to their own weapons. Also, weapons being bound to their owner's soul/life force/etc. are fairly common as well (see basically every boss weapon in the Souls series), so perhaps a "Bonded Weapon" page could be created for these and other weapons?

No. Sorry. It is not a prominent and notable enough ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back