• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new Naruto manga is confirmed!

Huh they really are milking naruto the way it ended was perfect and now they making this filler series well i wont complain if its good we will see.

Speaking of naruto when the heck will they stop doing filler and finish the source material i swear naruto has the most filler in anime history.

Pietro Maximoff said:
To bad it's the new series filler....
Except, the control over the series is being handed over to Ukyo Kodachi.

Ukyo Kodachi wrote the Boruto Movie script with Kishimoto, now he's full on writing Naruto, with the supervision of Masashi Kishimoto. Would you say Yu-Gi-Oh GX, 5DS, Zexal, Arc-V are all non-canon because they are all written by different people? No.

This is so stupid. Why write a new series only after a year? This makes no sense. Why end the manga early if there is a new series to be written?

Faisal Shourov said:
This is so stupid. Why write a new series only after a year? This makes no sense. Why end the manga early if there is a new series to be written?
It's probably just some light hearted side story is all I mean its about their kids

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Faisal Shourov said:
It's probably just some light hearted side story is all I mean its about their kids
Well, the Boruto Movie novel that Ukyo Kodachi wrote, confirmed that the Ohtsutsuki's are spread throughout the universe and various realms. Ukyo Kodachi is now writing Naruto.

I doubt it's going to be a light-hearted story based on the events of Sasuke Shinden, and the Boruto Movie Novel.

Well, the Boruto Movie novel that Ukyo Kodachi wrote, confirmed that the Ohtsutsuki's are spread throughout the universe and various realms. Ukyo Kodachi is now writing Naruto.

I doubt it's going to be a light-hearted story based on the events of Sasuke Shinden, and the Boruto Movie Novel.

I'm also expecting more Otsutsukis I mean talking about the general story though.But since this is the guy that wrote the boruto novel I'm expecting crazy feats also

If Kishimoto aint writing it's not canon. Naruto has ended for good and a GT will make it worse. Talk about milking the franchise -_- Not even 1 year...

Faisal Shourov said:
If Kishimoto aint writing it's not canon. Naruto has ended for good and a GT will make it worse.
That's a very subjective opinion...

The Hiden novels weren't written by Kishimoto, yet they are canon because Shueisha, Pierrot, Viz, and Kishimoto deem it to be canon.

An author has the right to pass his series onto another author, that's exactly what Kishimoto is doing. Ontop of that Kishimoto is still supervising the series, in essence giving his approval of canoninity.

^It's the same with GT, it's a separate continuity altogether. It's non-canon to the original series since Kishimoto is the author, whether he approve or not

Faisal Shourov said:
^It's the same with GT, it's a separate continuity altogether. It's non-canon to the original series since Kishimoto is the author, whether he approve or not
Kishimoto did not write the last or boruto movie iirc it was only supervised as he will do so now so there's no difference

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Kishimoto did not write the last or boruto movie iirc it was only supervised as he will do so now so there's no difference
Correct

Faisal Shourov said:
Wow, so i suppose the entire Starwars EU was non-canon, even before Disney made it so... no, just no.

UncleSpaceman said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Wow, so i suppose the entire Starwars EU was non-canon, even before Disney made it so... no, just no.
It's non canon to original series, we're not going to have composite Naruto profile. If you think it's canon post a thread and see if admins and mods agree

Faisal Shourov said:
UncleSpaceman said:
Faisal Shourov said:
It's non canon to original series, we're not going to have composite Naruto profile. If you think it's canon post a thread and see if admins and mods agree
Boruto is written by Ukyo Kodachi. Boruto is canon to Boruto The Movie which was written by Ukyo Kodachi & Masashi Kishimoto. Boruto The Movie is canon to Naruto which was written by Masashi Kishimoto.

If Kishimoto didn't write Boruto it's not canon. Kishimoto is credited as writer for Boruto movie's script, he's not credited author for the new series. It's same as GT.

If you truly believe Boruto is canon then make a thread and see if admins approve. I dont they think will, but if they do I dont have any problem

Dragon Ball Xenoverse was supervised by Toriyama yet it's considered non-canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmpyu8zhBVU

Why is something that's not even out yet being argued about...? The boruto spin off incoming is preceded firstly by a one shot illustrated and written by kishimoto from then on he shall supervise its continuation.He shall supervise it just as he did for the last and boruto movie which he refers to as chapter 699.5 and part of his manga.Now stop arguing over nonsense

Sheoth said:
All I pray is for a series about Kaguya and why she is the best villain in fiction.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take all of my kudos, sir. I give them but rarely, so cherish them.

Illuminati478, well technically we need to know more about the ogre species. Kaguy and her race have an origin that can be expanded upon.

IIRC Kaguya, lorewise, is human, and she only became supernatural because she absorbed the tree.

even if i am wrong about this (which is legitimately possible), the origin story of 2-3 characters that were only fully introduced as we know them in the last arc (some of them only in the Boruto movie). if they want to expand on that plot point then, i'm sorry to say, but that would be just an excuse (on their part). if it wasn't, Kishimoto could have simply done a time skip and continue the story, instead he chose to go through all the 'Naruto is ending' vibe, only to say afterwards "new series" to bring all the fans back with renewd vigour. its a great financial decision, but the story had no necessacity or real need for it...

Back