• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Lion Faces a Deer: Dimitri vs Claude (Fire Emblem)

Post Timeskip Dimitri vs Post Timeskip Claude.

6pyzvijveb931
"Move, Claude. I have no time to exchange words with you."

Tumblr pwautiUKut1vccahno1 1280
"It doesn't matter what I'm saying, does it? You aren't even listening. But I'm not gonna budge."

I'll vote for Claude.

while Dimitri has the massive strength edge, Claude is far more mobile, is a better tactician, has danmaku, and he can just spam fallen star if he really wanted to. Not to mention, he can just use silence to prevent dimitri from using magic.

oh yeah, also Claude has more ways to heal.

But that means that Dimitri won't be able to hit Claude unless Claude shoots first, giving Claude more options and more opportunities to attack. Plus, Fallen Star's auto-dodge ability means that Claude can get free shots while only having to worry about Dimitri's initial counterattack.

Dimitri is a lot stronger and tougher, and distant counter negates the range advantage. And Dimitri also has Aegis, which can protect him from ranged attacks. However Fallen Star is pretty OP with the automatic dodging ability, but has a limited number of uses. Going inconclusive for now.

Distant Counter does not completely negate the range disadvantage. It makes Dimitri reliant on Claude attacking first, which gives Claude a major advantage since it allows him to control the fight.

I worded it pretty badly. Claude probably would reserve his fallen star for when he really needs it. Claude doesn't necessarily have to be all ranged, he is shown to be skilled with the sword. Not to mention, he has plenty of ways to heal (crest of riegan, sword of begalta, healing items, and possibly his magic.) Claude also has seal defense, which would reduce Dimitri's defense after every attack. Also he has Danmaku.

I think Claude's fallen star can negate vantage. Even if it didn't, Claude has far better mobility, and can heal much quicker.

In short, while Dimitri has a massive strength, and possibly combat speed edge when injured, Claude arguably holds every other advantage.

Dimitri also has his share of healing items, and it's out of character for either one of them to use healing magic. And their healing magic is meant to be used on other characters, not themselves. It could negate vantage if it's something that negates combat arts completely, but if it's just the dodge thing and the counter attack happens before the shot, He can still land a hit.

Dimitri may have some healing, but Claude has many more ways to heal. Claude will likely get the initial hits off Dimitri, giving Claude a good start. Dimitri has vantage, and that definitely gives him an advantage when injured. However, vantage only activates when Dimitri is Injured. Dimitri won't one shot Claude, so Claude can likely just finish Dimitri off after he attacks with vantage.

Unless Dimitri can pull of his crit+atrocity+crestofblaiddyd

As a Paladin, Dimitri actually has equal movement to Barbossa, just doesn't fly like he does.

Are we assuming they both have some kind of composite class that combines their best abilities? Also, why do we even let them use magic in the first place when they never do so outside of player influence?

I mentioned it being out of character for either of them to use magic, and side note; Edelgard is the only one of the three lords who's actually meant to be potent with magic. Though she overall still leads with axes and gambits in character.

I normally just given them one class, but they can carry abilities over from certain classes. Dimitri is primarily profiecient in swords, lances, Authority, and Horseback riding.

She still never learns or uses magic without the player training her. She has a hidden talent for it, but it's never mentioned in the story of supports from what I can tell, so I don't really think it's relevant to vsbattles at all.

For that matter, I wonder why magic is on the profiles of characters who don't normally use it. Perhaps that's something for a CRT? It just seems weird to me that the profiles treat them as if they've mastered every class when in reality that never happens and every character has a canon class that they stick to.

Actually, even as a boss, she has like a B to A rank in Reason.

I think we are assuming that the two are in their canon classes, so Dimitri wouldn't have a horse. Plus, claude can fly above structures and stuff.

Also, Claude as an enemy has C+ in reason, and D in faith. Dimitri also has D in both faith in reason and faith.

In their main classes, neither one of them are able to use magic.

Grace has passed. This can be closed and added. This is the final tally:

Claude: 7 (Rtxthegamer, Thatsaflordiathing, PuasLuisZX, FDrybob, Naeblis495, Armorchompy, Spinoirr)

Dimitri: 0

Inconclusive: 2 (DarkDragonMedeus, KnightOfSunlight)

I suppose the Golden Deer wins, surprised PaChi didn't come in to defend Dimitri.

Back