• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Human takes on the bad timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Composite Human VS Sans. Human will get a month of preparation, and will have access to every real life weapon that has ever existed, but NO VEHICLES and NO NUKES. Speed is equalized. Fight takes place in the Judgement Hall, giving Sans the location advantage. Both are bloodlusted. Who wins and why?

The Human:

The Skeleto:

Both Get Dunked on:

So, Composite Human? Also, cant Sans just teleport out of the way from the explosion?

"Human will get a month of preparation"

???

Then what does Sans do? He just sits and waits a month, not knowing he's already sort of in a fight, while someone with access to the knowledge of the most intelligent people on Earth gets all that time to figure out how to properly kill him while not having to even remain on the same continent.

All while Sans' enormous speed advantage is completely neutralized.

^Summed it up better than I ever could.

I mean it still boils down to "Nukes GG", but yeah.

Yeah this is pretty silly.

Pretty sure prep never entail sans being there. He jsut appears in central park after the one-month prep, and due to the crt about it, sans also knows where CH is.

Without any knowledge on sans, I don't see how he gets a nuke off before sans teleports away.

Nukes airburst. Sans doesn't know that. ICBMs exist, so CH can just sit in some bunker in Siberia and MIRV away.

Wokistan said:
Nukes airburst. Sans doesn't know that. ICBMs exist, so CH can just sit in some bunker in Siberia and MIRV away.
I know they do that, but sans would have started teleporting from there by the time CH activates the nukes. Because he knows where CH is and wouldn't really have any reason to stay there.

And of course there is the problem that they still need to travel a long distance before they reach sans, and the fact that the amount of set up needed for the nukes, and the tecnology needed to detonate them, would need a lot of time to get for a singular human.

Sans gets hit with an 8-A nuke GG

Sans doesn't know where CH is, and a month is enough time for a guy with the knowledge of every human ever to get a nuke launched. They travel high in the air before airbursting, so sans doesn't ever know that a nuke is launched.

Yes he does, it was decided that the fighters know about each other's location at the beginning of a fight. Feel free to ask DMB about it.

That isn't in the OP, and i'm fairly sure prep time negates that. Stealth is huge for prep.

Well, what about that part where Sans woke up in time to dodge a knife swing (not counting the second swing, as he was caught off guard from that)?

Because prep time negates a lot of SBA conventions. If a character uses prep to hide, that shouldn't just be arbitrarily made null.

Which ones does it null exactly? And why would a basic assumption in every battle be nulled just because?

And this isn't even affected by the prep, so there is no reason to null it.

Prep time has before been used as a reason to ignore restrictions on starting range, time, outside influence, knowledge (if a character is able to study another), even giving someone prep time is in violation of SBA.

This being a basic assumption seems weird as hell though. Do invisible characters just lose an ability? Why ban stealth? Do you have a thread to link to for this?

Unless specified, the only thing that would be broken is the prep time part.

Knowing where an enemy starts does no make you suddenly capable of seeing them, but the thread was made to avoid arguments like that one Ainz fight where he didn't even know he had an enemy to fight.

If you give me some time I can find threads where all of those ones I listed were not abided by because a character has prep and would do stuff like that. Pretty sure the OP needs to specify restrictions on what's allowed to be done with prep time, if that's how they want it.

Do you have a link to this thread? If a character has stealth and other stuff that means their opponent isn't aware they're fighting them, I don't see the point of taking that away. Why gimp assassins?

SBA is assumed to be used unless specified otherwise, not the other way around. A character having prep does not make it null, and only because others do it it isn't justified.

As I said above, ask DMB, isnce I can't search for it now. And the reason was that in a fight, the characters should know that they are in a fight.

But by using prep, SBA is explicitly not being used.

I'll ask him at some point, but I still think this is sorta dumb when a huge advantage some characters can have is to prevent their opponent from knowing they're in a fight. OP can just specify if they want.

I don't think this match is gonna get very fair no matter what is done with it tbh. Either Sans gets randomly bombed from a bunker across the planet, or CH loses a fight to a tier 8 who is faster than it.

Not how it works. Only because I make a character bloodlusted, everything else still aplies, including distance and etc.

Prep time isn't the same as bloodlust though. A bloodlusted character can't feasibly be said to break all those boundaries off of bloodlust alone, but prep can and usually is. I'll just make a thread later at this point.

Any opposition to this thread being a mismatch in general though?

That won't really help, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back