• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Holy Emprah CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoWarper

Bronze Supporter
Alright so this is a fairly minor thread thats just about adding some missing resistances to the Emprah.

Missing Resistances: Fate Manipulation, Information Analysis, Memory Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (At least Type 2, likely Type 1), Extrasensory Perception, Resistance Negation, Causality Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Sealing, Probability Manipulation, Dream Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Durability Negation, Blood Manipulation, Magic, Information Manipulation, Possession, Plant Manipulation, Sound Manipulation

Note: For the Concept Manip its not missing prese I just want to add the Types to it.

These are all based off the justification of him resisting the powers of Daemons, Psykers and his Sons.

Agree: CrimsonStarFallen, CrabWhale, Overlord, Shmooply, EliminatorVenom, Holyhotsauce, DaReaper, Ned, Paul, SOUL, josh, loyd

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I mean, it makes sense wanting scans. I do agree that it is a fairly obvious set of resistances, given that any high-level psyker can resist those powers in several degrees, but eh.

I can grab scans from the profiles that are already here to make the point that the Emperor can resist them, but I'd take a while as I am a bit busy rn.

Anyone else is up to the task?

I... wat? This literally falls under The Man-Emperor of Mankind's other resistances
I don't know the verse. I was asked to approve this, I can't really do that without either knowing the verse well enough to self verify or seeing proof. Even if I trust Psycho, even if I trust Crab.

******* liar you do know the verse.

Excuse the lack of direct scans I'll have to come up with, unfortunately I don't have every single codex and guidebook and pamphlet in existence yet so Lexicanum will have to do. Some of these I highly doubt are even digitized, let alone acquirable without a price, so it'll have to do for now. I trust Lexicanum and their sources are always cited though, so I think it's good enough for our purposes.

If it helps... The Emperor should scale directly to his Primarchs. We already have their profiles and with feats in them. Some profiles that may be useful to link to are Leman Russ', Magnus' and Guilliman's. High level psykers may be linked as well, such as Ahriman.

Firstly, the pieces of Eldar psychic powers given this thread.

Temporal Exile: "A Farseer's abilities are focused tightly upon his knack for manipulating the skeins of fate. One who becomes particularly adept at these techniques may directly influence how another's strands are interwoven into the webwork of the galaxy. Using his psychic abilities, the Farseer may choose to render a subject's thread completely isolated, as unweaving it from time itself. Such isolation leaves the subject incapable of acting upon any other targets. Generally, Farseers are reluctant to use this ability, as it may have consequences upon the future. Even in those circumstances where they come to accept its necessity, they may hesitate before applying it liberally.(...) If the psyker succeeds, he cuts the target free from the flow of causality and the target can take no Actions nor be affected by others(...) Upon returning to the normal fabric of causality, his mind shaken by the paradoxical experience of being removed briefly from the tapestry of space and time."

-Rogue Trader: The Navis Primer, Pg 127

Doom: "The psyker chooses a foe and, focusing his mind, delves into the myriad threads of causality to find the ones in which blows strike true against this enemy no matter how robust its defences. Some of the few who have survived being the target of this technique describe feeling as if the psyker's blows had landed before he even attacked and that his strikes wove in and around their defences of their own accord."

Fate and causality hax. You may ask why this is important. Simple, this is something regular Farseers can do. Regular Farseers that are far, FAR below the level of an Alpha level psyker, let alone an Alpha+ like the Emperor. Besides, he kind of plays 5D chess games with the Chaos Gods, which, well, as should be evident that's their whole schtick.

In fact the majority of these powers are literally what baseline level adept psykers. Extrasensory perception and information analysis? Basic bitch powers that any Librarian can use, he can just choose to ignore them.

Possession, memory manip, dream manip? Good luck actually getting past all his psychic defenses to actually impact his mind in any significant manner.

These resistances are all a consequence of base level psykers being lightbulbs while the Emperor is a chain explosion of supernovas going off at every second. I could give you the exact scans for where each of these powers come from, but it ain't really that important. So long as it's a psyker something, and it's on a profile, the Emperor more than likely resists it. I mean the dude jousts with the Ruinous Powers nowadays, I think it should be plenty evident.

Even Greater Daemons cant **** with Emps, hell the Chaos Gods struggle to **** with the Holy Emprah.

******* liar you do know the verse.

Excuse the lack of direct scans I'll have to come up with, unfortunately I don't have every single codex and guidebook and pamphlet in existence yet so Lexicanum will have to do. Some of these I highly doubt are even digitized, let alone acquirable without a price, so it'll have to do for now. I trust Lexicanum and their sources are always cited though, so I think it's good enough for our purposes.
I played Dawn of War and have dabbled minorly in other bits- I don't know enough to confirm what powers all Psykers have nor enough to simply accept that the Emperor is always portrayed as immune to such effects. Personally I feel like you fellas probably have enough backing to get this through already, so my acceptance isn't needed.

Firstly, the pieces of Eldar psychic powers given this thread.

Temporal Exile: "A Farseer's abilities are focused tightly upon his knack for manipulating the skeins of fate. One who becomes particularly adept at these techniques may directly influence how another's strands are interwoven into the webwork of the galaxy. Using his psychic abilities, the Farseer may choose to render a subject's thread completely isolated, as unweaving it from time itself. Such isolation leaves the subject incapable of acting upon any other targets. Generally, Farseers are reluctant to use this ability, as it may have consequences upon the future. Even in those circumstances where they come to accept its necessity, they may hesitate before applying it liberally.(...) If the psyker succeeds, he cuts the target free from the flow of causality and the target can take no Actions nor be affected by others(...) Upon returning to the normal fabric of causality, his mind shaken by the paradoxical experience of being removed briefly from the tapestry of space and time."

Doom: "The psyker chooses a foe and, focusing his mind, delves into the myriad threads of causality to find the ones in which blows strike true against this enemy no matter how robust its defences. Some of the few who have survived being the target of this technique describe feeling as if the psyker's blows had landed before he even attacked and that his strikes wove in and around their defences of their own accord."

Fate and causality hax. You may ask why this is important. Simple, this is something regular Farseers can do. Regular Farseers that are far, FAR below the level of an Alpha level psyker, let alone an Alpha+ like the Emperor. Besides, he kind of plays 5D chess games with the Chaos Gods, which, well, as should be evident that's their whole schtick.

In fact the majority of these powers are literally what baseline level adept psykers. Extrasensory perception and information analysis? Basic bitch powers that any Librarian can use, he can just choose to ignore them.

Possession, memory manip, dream manip? Good luck actually getting past all his psychic defenses to actually impact his mind in any significant manner.

These resistances are all a consequence of base level psykers being lightbulbs while the Emperor is a chain explosion of supernovas going off at every second. I could give you the exact scans for where each of these powers come from, but it ain't really that important. So long as it's a psyker something, and it's on a profile, the Emperor more than likely resists it. I mean the dude jousts with the Ruinous Powers nowadays, I think it should be plenty evident.
Good scans (or quotes, rather, but given they're cited, these'll do). I realize what I'm asking for seems to be a massive pain in the ass, but like... I can't just go around accepting shit I don't know. sorry lad.

Good scans (or quotes, rather, but given they're cited, these'll do). I realize what I'm asking for seems to be a massive pain in the ass, but like... I can't just go around accepting shit I don't know. sorry lad.
Fair, like I said I respect your stance and that if you’re uncomfortable I wont force you.

I played Dawn of War and have dabbled minorly in other bits- I don't know enough to confirm what powers all Psykers have nor enough to simply accept that the Emperor is always portrayed as immune to such effects. Personally I feel like you fellas probably have enough backing to get this through already, so my acceptance isn't needed.
You opening the page kind of is though.

Since you're here, course we can get another.

Fair, like I said I respect your stance and that if you’re uncomfortable I wont force you.
Aye, what the frog said. I would've pulled more scans but computer is bricking itself as we speak and mobile is pain, so I just went for easy ones.

Aye, what the frog said. I would've pulled more scans but computer is bricking itself as we speak and mobile is pain, so I just went for easy ones.
Why is thy computer bricking itself? Might want to get that checked out Skeletor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back