• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In this fight, I'd actually argue that Maximus has a skill edge here. He is an extremly trained and hardened gladiator that has fought against foes that have trained their whole lives in fighting and has won. So this could be a pretty big edge for Maximus. And Connor's best card, his gun, might not do much here due to Maximus having a shield that can block the bullets.

Connor does have an edge in 2 things though. His precog, which would be difficult to get past, and not being able to feel pain, which would make slowing down Connor nearly impossible.

Another important thing to mention is both of their stamina. Connor can't feel tired while Maximus can. So if Maximus can't kill Connor before he starts to get tired, it's pretty much a win for Connor from there.

This fight is kind of like Fencer vs Connor, except that Maximus doesn't have Type 2 Immortality, but has better strength than Fencer.

I haven't watched Gladiator in a while, so I don't know how Maximus would approach a situation like this, or how he would fair against an opponent with precognition. Might wait for more input before deciding on a victor.

I haven't watched Gladiator in a while, so I don't know how Maximus would approach a situation like this, or how he would fair against an opponent with precognition. Might wait for more input before deciding on a victor.
Uh, weren't you the one who submitted a Gladiator character in a tourney? I thought you were knowledgeable

Uh, weren't you the one who submitted a Gladiator character in a tourney? I thought you were knowledgeable
I clicked on the 10-A Tier tab and clicked on a random person. I haven't watched Gladiator in years lol. I probably should have chosen someone I had more knowlege of huh?

Either way, after watching a few Youtube clips, Maximus always tries to instantly close the distance between his opponent and him, bringing his fights to CQC instantly, so Connor might not even get a good chance to use his gun. Once this is hand-to-sword, Maximus has a range advantage and arguably a skill advantage too, so it's not looking to great for Connor.

But things such as Stamina and the fact that Connor still has a gun in his hand could pose some problems. I'm not that great at VS Debating, so I might need a bit of help with determining what the most likely outcome is in the CQC duel between the 2.

Also I'm sorry for making you think that I was knowledgeable on the Gladiator verse. I'm not. @Apex_PredatorX made the Maximus profile though, so I might go to them if you want better knowledge about the Gladiator characters.

@Apex_PredatorX made the Maximus profile though, so I might go to them if you want better knowledge about the Gladiator characters.
I just looked at their profile and found out that they have not been on the wiki for a solid month. Shit.

I couldn't find anyone else that has any good knowledge on the verse, so I might just have to come to a conclusion myself. Give me about 3 hours to re-watch the movie again then I can give some better feedback.

I'm not. @Apex_PredatorX made the Maximus profile though, so I might go to them if you want better knowledge about the Gladiator characters.
@Apex_PredatorX is gone. He left at some point so, that's out of the question
I'm not that great at VS Debating, so I might need a bit of help with determining what the most likely outcome is in the CQC duel between the 2.
Another thing to keep in mind is that Maximus is also quite experienced with firearms according to his profile so there's a good chance he'll use his shield to protect his face and since his legs are armored, he can close the distance a bit better

One wrong move can result in him getting shot in the face and with Connor's precog, that might be possible but dismemberment can also make it difficult for him if Maximus does use his sword and as I said, he will most likely keep the gun from his face due to experience

I think Incon is a safe choice, right?

Seems like Maximus will be entertained all right, And I'm not so sure if his shield is that useful for blocking bullets, was it designed to block bullets back in the time?

I see, but can't Connor just aim for his legs? And if Maximus gets close he'd outskill due to being the better warrior

Seems like Maximus will be entertained all right, And I'm not so sure if his shield is that useful for blocking bullets, was it designed to block bullets back in the time?
I'm sorry did you just ask if an ancient roman gladiator's shield was designed to block bullets?

Anyways I really feel like the fact that Connor has a gun is bad given that he most likley does not know what it is. I don't think it's fair.

That was the joke, yes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Maximus is also quite experienced with firearms according to his profile
Anyways I really feel like the fact that Connor has a gun is bad given that he most likley does not know what it is. I don't think it's fair.
His profile implies that he at least knows about firearms (I think it's in the intelligence section)

I don't know why he's listed as firearms proficient. Gladiator is like, historically accurate fiction about the Roman Empire. There shouldn't be guns.

I don't know why he's listed as firearms proficient. Gladiator is like, historically accurate fiction about the Roman Empire. There shouldn't be guns.
Well it does say so in his profile and it probably appears in the movie so there's that I guess

It says "long distance weapons". A trebuchet or a bow are long distance weapons.

Gladiator takes place in 180 AD. I don't think firearms even existed back then. Idk why he has firearms proficency. He shouldn't. I think they meant that he is skilled with bows, not guns.

Even if guns did exist in that world, they still were not as powerful as the guns in the DBH world

Gladiator takes place in 180 AD. I don't think firearms even existed back then. Idk why he has firearms proficency. He shouldn't. I think they meant that he is skilled with bows, not guns.

Even if guns did exist in that world, they still were not as powerful as the guns in the DBH world
No I mean the problem here is that he wouldn't know what guns are. If he has at least seen one he'd know what to do in that situation

His profile implies that he at least knows about firearms (I think it's in the intelligence section)
I'd checked his Intelligence bit, my b.

Anyways yeah that's obviously wrong lmao.

Back