• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A game called Student transfer can it be added?

Hello a friend asked me to post here about the viability of adding the game to the wiki, it's technically a nsfw game with a few nsfw scenes but the game could definitely have it's whole story discribed without ever needing to reference that.

I've heard of it, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be allowed here due to it being a fan game that uses assets from other Visual Novels.
Is it?

Well when I asked my friend they said it's not really associated with any of those games, and they pointed out stuff like southpark was here dispite having alot of stuff from other ips floating around in it

It's the reason why Skibidi Toilet (thankfully) isn't on this wiki
That's...tbh a really odd restriction, and would require talking about what makes an assest flip cus as far as I know the game dose have some orginal artwork,

Was this made a thing cus people disliked Skibidi Toilet??? (Isn't worse then the meme fights from cartoon fight club back then tbh)

I can't entirely answer that, but here is an old discussion on an earlier question about asset flip verses: https://vsbattles.com/threads/would-skibidi-toilet-be-allowed-to-have-pages-on-vs-wiki.156981/
Well I'd hardly call the game an "asset flip" those are low effort copys of other games, that have no originality what so ever, that Isn't really what I'd call student transfer, but I'll probably unfortunately need to read that thread later to fully understand what they mean by that before I can have a serious discussion about it pain

Ok I have finished reading through it and that is the case now I must figure just how much art in the game is orginal...

What are the licencing rules for Renpy default assets? I have a feeling it'll come up.
Well I find that definition of fan fiction needlessly restrictive... Isn't the 'point' of the rule so offical verse pages don't get cluttered with none offical matrial in there verse page? What benefit comes from this? It feels like a needless slight against community projects and single devs searching around for assets to make there dream game for people free.

Also reading that thread it felt like only 2 people agreed with that definition, Everyone else was just against the toilet verse...

Back