• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few resistances for Comics Deadpool

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
This will be a brief thread just to add some little abilities to the merc with a mouth. These are from very classic issues and I always thought we had them on the profile, but it turns out we don't, so it's time to fix it.

In Deadpool Vol 3 2 Wade Wilson squares off against Taskmaster. At first he opens with conventional martial arts and gets quickly overwhelmed by his photographic reflexes. During their second match, he promptly shifts approach and begins to use some custom dance-based martial arts against which Taskmaster is utterly helpless.
Taskmasters explicitly refers to such movements as suddenly erratic, unpredictable, with Deadpool backing it up in a flamboyant way and Taskmaster stating once again how they were purely chaotic and not human.
This should warrant a Resistance to Analytical Prediction and Photographic Memory/Technique Mimicry for Deadpool.

In the fourth page of the imgur album we also have a direct statement by Taskmaster about Deadpool being an expert at utilizing his banter to distract his opponents in combat. This has always been fairly obvious and is most likely the reason why he has Social Influencing listed on his profile, without any justification for it. I believe this scan is a useful evidence for the ability, and while it might look like a cheap solution instead of clear displays (for which you could link the entire Deadpool bibliography and call it a day) it is still better than nothing.

Huh, I was discussing about this fight a few days ago here.

This should warrant a Resistance to Analytical Prediction and Photographic Memory/Technique Mimicry for Deadpool.
I think this is just resistance to AP, not really all of that combined. But I agree.

In the fourth page of the imgur album we also have a direct statement by Taskmaster about Deadpool being an expert at utilizing his banter to distract his opponents in combat. This has always been fairly obvious and is most likely the reason why he has Social Influencing listed on his profile, without any justification for it. I believe this scan is a useful evidence for the ability, and while it might look like a cheap solution instead of clear displays (for which you could link the entire Deadpool bibliography and call it a day) it is still better than nothing.
Yeah, sure.

Isn't this just a skill feat?
It can be both.

Isn't this just a skill feat?
It is, but we have a handful of statements from Taskmaster stating his abilities don't work on this new approach, unlike the previous two Deadpool used.

I think this is just resistance to AP, not really all of that combined. But I agree.
I included the latter two because Taskmaster couldn't explicitly copy them, instead of simply being unable to predict them, which in the context of this issue are kinda the same.

This sounds like a limitation of Taskmaster's ability
With this argument you can say that any resistance is a failure of the other party's ability, but the blunt context of the story is that Task managed to copy all the conventional martial arts and swordmanship techniques of Deadpool, but the moment he pulled off his wacky repertoire (with references to ir dancers and actors) his powers stopped working for how unpredictable he is.

Yeah, valid. I can agree with that. Also I recommend tagging @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch to see this, he's knowledgeable on Taskmaster.
I'll do.
@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch

Back