• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Few Changes After Re Zero Volume 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Roswaal should have power nullification, he can dispel magic:

“Surely, this is not all you are caaaapable of?”
With great ease, her enemy—Roswaal—stopped the invisible attack with a flick of his toes.
Seeing that happen and realizing the level of skill that was required to make it possible made her throat freeze over. Dispelling magic by simply stomping on it was a feat far easier said than done. With the tips of his toes, Roswaal had rewritten the composition of the spell.
Through his Gate, he had altered the mana cast by another person without interfering with their Gate directly. Performing such an act in the middle of a battle with one’s life on the line was not the action of a sane person.-Volume 15, Chapter 6

Immortality (Type 6):, He has been possessing his descendants for 400 years.

“No…! That is not what I… You—you surely know what I meant!”
“I jest. It is precisely so, Beatrice. It is I—the very same Roswaal.”
The instant he changed how he referred to himself, Beatrice saw two Roswaals overlap.
A tall, handsome man with long indigo hair overlapped with a young man who possessed the same characteristic features. This was the young man who had once doted on Echidna, who had asked the Witch to mentor him, and who Beatrice had lived alongside.
“It couldn’t be… Are you using soul transcription, the theory of immortality that Mother pursued? But that failed.”
“The soul will not graft to an empty vessel. That issue was a temporary impasse…one that I overcame by force. If the issue is compatibility between vessel and soul, this can be eliminated through greater proximity of the two.”
Beatrice could not conceal her utter shock when she grasped the meaning of those words.
When Echidna’s research into immortality failed and led instead to Ryuzu Meyer becoming the core of the Sanctuary, the Witch attempted to make efficient use of the replication technique created as a by-product, yet in terms of her lust for knowledge, she had erred. In the end, unable to graft the soul of another to an empty vessel, the research was considered a failure—but Roswaal had succeeded where she had not.
The first Roswaal had transferred himself to the bodies of the Mathers children in an unbroken line, reaching all the way to the present generation.-Volume 15, Closing Chapter 6

Garfiel should have instinctive reaction? He can dodge attacks out of sheer instinct.

“Letting your mind wander in the middle of our dance? What a naughty boy.”
Faster than his mind could think, he miraculously flinched away out of sheer instinct.
A moment later, what should’ve been a direct hit grazed his left ear instead. Now off-balance, Garfiel completely lost his footing—in fact, the floor itself was missing. He fell right through the gaping hole that Elsa’s swing had produced.
The slicing attacks kept coming even as he entered a free fall. Garfiel relied purely on intuition to deflect them with the shields strapped to both his arms—defense, defense, defense. Ultimately, he couldn’t intercept every strike. Blood flowed freely from fresh wounds that appeared all over him.-Volume 15, Chapter 1

Elsa's regen should be mid, she can regen from half her body being destroyed
The woman who had been blanketed by purple arrows all over, with half her body shattered, was calmly standing right there. There were no visible wounds on her body, but the side effects of the damage had wrecked her clothing, leaving her exposed and half-naked. There had been a battle. Without doubt, fatal wounds had been inflicted upon her. And yet— “Don’t tell me, you’re…you’re not gonna say you’re immortal or something…?” “No? That would be incorrect. I merely live a tad filthier than most. A boon granted by a malicious soul. Though I am fresh from being broken to such an extent, I can count the occasions on one hand.”-Volume 12, Chapter 3
As seen in the anime she was clearly decapitated and in pieces

Elsa shouldn't have resurrection, she doesn't resurrect, she just regens, in the previous quote i posted, she denies being immortal too, and Garfiel says she only doesn't die until she is killed.

“Even though you are injured all over, my wounds are simply healing. The gap between us grows greater as time passes… Do you not think it is unfair?”
There was not a single scratch to be seen on Elsa’s long, slender limbs. If the blood was wiped off, the luster of her white skin would be unmarred underneath. In contrast, Garfiel’s wounds were only becoming graver.
Perhaps it was logical to condemn that so-called immortality as an unfair advantage.
“Me, I ain’t ready to give up. And I ain’t takin’ back what I said.”
Shaking his head, he rejected such timid thoughts. He never needed them to begin with.
“You ain’t immortal. It’s that ya won’t die till someone kills ya, right? Ain’t that right, vampire?”
“…You knew.”
“I had a hunch. Me, I loved readin’ books since waaaay back. I knew there were special sorts like that. Didn’t think I’d meet one right after leavin’ home, though.”
From time to time, books from the outside world found their way into the Sanctuary, though Garfiel had no idea who the sender might’ve been, nor could he tell from the types of books what they hoped he might learn from them.
Garfiel read anything he could, so that he might one day find a way to butcher whatever it was that saddened the woman he’d fallen for.
It was in the course of those studies that he had read somewhere that the beings known as vampires possessed special characteristics.
“Apparently, one of the old Witches was one, too. That Witch is dead. And that means you can die, too.”
Garfiel had already dealt Elsa what were supposed to be fatal wounds four times and counting. Even if she’d inherited that characteristic from an immortal monster of legend, her regenerative power had to have limits.-Volume 15, Chapter 5

This one is weird, so after Elsa reaches the limits of her regen, she dies, however her body still moves, essentially she is an undead, so while she wouldn't have type 3 immortality, she would have type 7, just after she dies that is.

It gripped a wicked blade in its right hand. In its left was the heart of the demon beast it had killed. One would think no sight so ghastly could exist in the world. Regardless, the undead felt an inexhaustible sense of duty as it pursued its prey.
Its flesh had been destroyed to the point that it should have been unresponsive. Its life had been whittled away beyond its ability to regenerate. There was no longer a person’s will residing within the crawling corpse.
That it moved even so was because the undead’s reason for existence waited ahead.
Finally, wordlessly, cruelly, the corpse arrived at the innermost part of the passage.-Volume 15, Chapter 7

Don't know what this is, every technique she sees doesn't work on her twice, so skill feat? Reactive power level?

Using the silver-colored shields attached to both arms, he chose to deflect rather than block the incoming blade. He kept redirecting the force of the woman’s attacks skyward, creating openings for counterattacks so he stood a chance at reeling in victory by force.
Even that very moment, he guided a powerful blow aimed at his neck off to the side before sending a kick straight into the woman’s torso. Had Garfiel’s kick connected cleanly, it would have undoubtedly ruptured all her internal organs. But—
“I’ve already seen that one.”
—the woman’s eyesight was truly frightening, surpassing all common sense.
Her whisper was not a joke or a taunt, either. Every technique she witnessed in battle did not work a second time. Having already foreseen this second straight kick, the woman avoided it with minimal movement as she lined up her next attack: a backward slash with her blade.
That blow, apparently intended to serve as punishment for foolishly resorting to the same technique a second time while fighting a powerful foe, hit its mark.-Volume 15, Chapter 3

Self-sustenance type 3 and resistance to pain manipulation, she doesn't feel pain or get tired

“—Aaagh, that hurt, and quite a bit. Makes me appreciate being alive.”
“Damn it, this ain’t no joke. What is that body of yours made out of?”
As Garfiel sighed, Elsa let out a heated breath of excitement. She was touching her left hand to her face as if to suppress the bleeding, and when she slowly lowered it, anyone watching would have expected a wound underneath terrible enough to make the faint of heart avert their eyes. But it was not so.
When she removed her left hand, Elsa revealed her face didn’t even have a scratch, let alone any bleeding.
“The general called ya a woman who wouldn’t die even if one killed her…but this is just messed up.”
“I suppose it is. Even I feel slightly apologetic about my physical nature. It seems to be robbing everything you do of all meaning… I wonder, do you hate women like me?”
Hearing how disconcerted Garfiel was made Elsa slightly incline her head. The tone of the question made Garfiel abruptly furrow his brows.
It was slight, minute, but he felt some part of Elsa’s tone of voice was filled with sadness.
“Even as I move about, my wounds heal, and I feel neither pain nor fatigue, allowing me to continue fighting without limit. Do you feel fighting such a woman lacks any meaning? I wonder, do you really think of me as someone you can test the results of your training against?”-Volume 15, Chapter 3

Otto should have fragrance manipulation, he can eliminate scents

Still unaware of what had defeated it, the demon beast was enveloped by flame the same color as its burning humiliation, scorching its body black, torching it until it had been reduced to ash.
“So you can throw the sound of just footsteps, eliminate scents… Little tricks like that are all your magic can do?”
“…Having you belittle them weighs upon my mind, but I am impressed you remember such a thing. That said, will these spells prove useful? At most, they can make an opponent turn their head for but a single instant.”-Volume 15, Chapter 3

Last edited:
So, we don't have any speed upgrade? I thought that Volcanica's speed feat could be valid tho.

That has nothing to do with this thread.

That said, It was deemed too big a multiplier to accept, we don't allow upgrades based on that.

I am neutral on Garfield's case. I feel like more explicit or contextual statements would be needed.

The other proposals look fine, to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back