• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A dragon fights a monkey - Tohru vs Jin Mo-Ri

That's 1 for the Dragon Maid.

0 for the Monkey King.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Tohru's a bit trigger happy with portals right? Can dude counter a portal forming beneath his feet?
Given that he'a way faster than gravitational acceleration, probably

I mean if the argument is "she opens a portal below him and he falls through", then he's fast enough that he'll have plenty of time to react to the portal opening beneath his fear and grab the edge or flip himself aside with an extended Yeoui or something before gravitational acceleration of 9m/s/s has pulled him through the portal.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Considering Monarch has quite adamantly argued against all the points in Tohru's favor, I think it's pretty clear who he thinks wins.
Watta tweeeeeeeeeeeeest

How many are in favour of Tohru again?

Honestly, besides Monarch and you, I don't think anyone has casted a proper vote yet.

He does, but chapter 3 Mo-Ri can't do anything with it unless he's in his Incomplete Monkey King Form.

Okay I can say that Mori could win with the Yeoui using it the expand to block portals and attack from a distance extending it. He could expanded to block Tohru's blast. Or he could just drop it on her.

I'd go Mo-Ri

this is definitely really close, and both have a lot of ways to win pretty easily, but Jin has a pretty ludicrous advantage in terms of skill and boosts, which he won't use immediately but a bad situation would probably lead to him using them. Re Tae Kwon Do is also a really big threat, because, as already stated, it gets stronger with every use, which is going to be particularly devastating if it ever gets to the point that Jin feels the need to boost

Tohru's best bet is perception hax from what i can tell, which is still rather effective, albeit mitigated quite a bit by Jin having other senses which are themselves rather good.

I'm voting Tohru, and here's why.

While it's true that Jin can dodge and block Tohru's attacks, she still outranges him by quite a bit. And while he can block and dodge just fine, he still can't hit her at all while she's in the air since he can't fly and her range dwarfs his so significantly. Even if she were to start out going into CQC, in which she may very well be outmatched, she's going to realize this pretty quickly and her regen should help her out more than enough for any damage she'd take up close. (Although it should be worth pointing out Tohru is also quite good at dodging, as she dodges multiple swipes in quick succession from Elma who uses a weapon not entirely unlike a staff) Once she gets into the air it's just a matter of time before she overwhelms him, because while his stamina is nothing to sneeze at, hers is as close to unlimited as it gets without me being called out for NLF or something. Her mana, which supplies dragons with stamina and magic power in the series, is said to be a never-ending supply. Not to mention her inherent AP advantage should help in wearing him down as well.

TL;DR: I vote for Tohru via quickly going for range and wearing him down from there.

He does, but he has to transform, which is restricted.

ok so right quick

1: I highly doubt that Tohru has dealt with someone as skilled in H2H as Jin before

2: Out-ranging him is certainly possible, but he has multiple attacks that would allow him to still hit her or at least disperse her ranged attacks

3: I don't think that stamina alone is going to help against attacks that get stronger with every use and are spammed by Jin in-character. Same with the AP advantage which only exists for as long as Jin doesn't attack, which is basically never

1. Yeah you may very well be correct on that front. Still, regen should help quite nicely with any damage she happens to take while in close quarters.

2. No, sorry, he doesn't have any attacks that can hit her. Dozens of meters vs kilometers means as long as she stays in the air, she'll be safe to spam him until his stamina runs out which leads into the next point.

3. Even if Jin gets stronger with every attack, he can't really make use of that if he can't touch her. Jin's stamina is not bad by any means, but it's still limited, as opposed to Tohru whose mana supply doesn't run out and who can just stay up and range him to death whether it takes hours, days, hell even weeks or more.

He can disperse her ranged attacks only so long as he's conscious, which due to his stamina is only a matter of time before he's too exhausted and she either roasts him alive or drops him in a portal while he can no longer fight.

You do realize that if Jin realizes that his enemy is more than willing to just snipe him to death then he'll just use stat boosts right?

yeah those would **** him up in the long run but i don't see how Tohru would deal with them at all

also that range stat smells distinctly like bullshit

there have to have been better feats than only "dozens of meters"

Way of Walking doesn't seem to grant him flight or extend his range.

Speed blitz... so he can run around in circles really fast on the ground while she stays up in the air where he still can't reach her. That's cute I guess.

i can tell you didn't even read it

Bo-Bup (Way of Walking): A technique that allows for high-speed movement in any direction, allowing Mo-Ri to seemingly teleport and attack from above, below, the side, or even behind with ease. This technique allowed his clone, Hui Mo-Ri, to instantly close the distance between him and Sang Man-Duk after the latter teleported across an artificial island.

Yes in fact I did read it. If he manages to attack from above well then she just flies higher or away from him and he's left falling due to the fact that he still can't fly and also due to the fact that he's still ridiculously outranged.

Then she stays in the air for as long as she need to in order to wear him down which is going to happen infinitesimally sooner than him wearing her down.

because she can definitely react to and move away from someone multiple times faster than her running upwards at her. Definitely. Totally

Unless he's running up hundreds of meters to several kilometers, which I doubt, she doesn't even need to react.

Plus at that distance even if he is faster than her she'll have plenty of time to react. Even someone who's High Hypersonic+ can narrowly dodge light from several kilometers away.

Eventually his amp runs out which then leaves him at even more of a disadvantage.

I can't remember the chapter specifically, but Mo-Ri Hui, a significantly weaker and slower clone, was able to instantly catch up to Man-Duk Sang after he teleported around that far up and away

except that she isn't trying to dodge a straight line, she's trying to dodge a rather mad "human" who is far more skilled than her and can easily predict her

Hl3 or bust said:
also to put Jin's stamina in comparision, Hui barely reacted when he was hit with an attack that did this
That's neat and all, but it's not infinite. I'm not saying his stamina isn't extremely high, but it's infinitely lower than hers which is, for all intents and purposes, limitless.

Also City blocks aren't kilometers long.

And this

Screenshot 20190518-095807~2
Definitely isn't kilometers high.

Back