• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a dog bear thing fight a cow

Bull
mooooo

vs
Amphicyon

Chickens, pigs, sheep, and goats have gone missing from farms. There have been weird footsteps from the culprit. They look prehistoric. Meanwhile the dog bear thing sneaks into a farm at night and instead of eating lamb chops, it decides it wants some steak, so it attacks a cow. But the cow's mate saves the cow by ramming the prehistoric mammal off it. The bull faces off again the prehistoric dog.

The cow is a bull/male.

The cow is 9-B

SBA

The Bull is much stronger and more durable than it but the beardog is obviously much more mobile and scaling to the Black Bear; slightly faster. It depends if the Bull can use his horns or raw strength to crush or impale the beardog before the beardog gets its chance to tear his throat out or crush his neck.

The beardog ate similarly sized animals, but they hunted in packs from what I know. I will actually give this to the beardog for now since a 600lb carnivore like that is going to be very strong and dangerous. It could likely just jump on his back and go for the neck. It will be easy for it to dodge the horns.

Dog Bear thing: 1

MOOOOOO: 0

The cow shouldn't be to off in speed though. Iirc they can reach 50 km per hour so it might be faster. Bulls have rather blunt and short horns, they usually use their bulk to crush things so the canine can survive being stabbed with the horns. The cow also has a thick hide which can tank bites from the carnivorous mammal and might be smarter (although I'm not to sure), and the cow can kick the latter in the face if it gets to close, although the latter can dodge, bit it's leg and break it. Close fight tho, i originally thought the prehistoric canivorous canine would leave the fight with a stomach full of steak.

I'm scaling the beardog to the Black Bear here, since it resembles that/in the size range and is a close relative though more related to canines so you can scale to a wolf too. The Black Bear moves at 33mph from what I know. So slightly faster but much more nimble, mobile and agile. And possibly, though I'm not sure about being smarter. Things were a lot dumber 20 million years ago but Bears/Dogs are more intelligent than Bovines now. It's a very close fight, either one would be heavily injured

Back