• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fezzih_007

He/Him
Speed equal
They start 13 meters apart
Blanc is already in HHD, beggining of the series Key
Amy is her Modern key
They fight in the Icon of the Seas
Amy have up to 1 rings
Everything-but-the-expected.jpg

Votes:
Leave luck to heaven: ShakeResounding. thetechmaster36, TheKingStrategist13, Javenplayz253, Accelerated_Evolution, Rayfire, AThe1412
10ab5e31e9bbdfe8c969714fcc703989.jpg

Please have fear, Amy rose is here:
keep-smiling-amy-rose-fan-art-v0-mp6bjqfa6h5a1.png

Last edited:
Alright well, Blanc's profile just got updated which means goods

So Amy is undoubtedly going to have the speed advantage because of the Spin Dash and Boost, however, her initial speed will be reduced by around 25-30 percent, and considering that these two are only 13 meters apart, Blanc would have no problem closing in on her and whacking Amy, which would atomize her thanks to The Mediator, which she doesn't resist.

That said though, Amy being ridiculously fast when using the Spin Dash and Boost would make it almost impossible for Blanc to tag her assuming she starts moving around in that manner once she sees Blanc coming

And even though this would most likely make Blanc extremely angry, thus making Amy fear her, it's not explicitly a sort of fear inducement that locks people in place like Plutia's, so Amy would most likely continue being able to move until Blanc decides to either teleport and stop her, or entrap her in ice and then hit her that way

I'm not voting for anyone at the moment, I'm just elaborating on Blanc's wincons and ways to try and defeat Amy

Blanc would have no problem closing in on her and whacking Amy, which would atomize her thanks to The Mediator, which she doesn't resist.
I just wanna clear one thing up.
  • Atomization (Via The Mediator; The Mediator's description states that it ruthlessly atomizes anyone, enemy or ally)
I'm assuming this is what the statement is in reference to. Wouldn't atomization fall under Deconstruction? If so, this might be worth noting for Amy
Transmutation/Deconstruction (Can resist the effects of the Wisps being used on her[8])

If Blanc has the White Orb here, she should be pretty much guaranteed the first hit. If her Atomization doesn't work due to Amy's Resistance's, that might be a bit of a problem, but not the end of the world. Now I could be wrong, but I don't see Amy having resistance's against things like Paralysis and Power Null, so Blanc's Game Disc Abilities could serve as a valid wincon, assuming she's granted them for this fight. Now if that isn't in the cards either... I think Blancs most effective move is going to be inflicting Poison on Amy, something she can do without a Disc- That said, her move set is vastly more biased towards either just attacking physically or using Ice Manip in some way.

As for Amy, she has access to many speed amps- The Spin Dash and her Boost, as stated earlier. She is going to be hard to hit once she starts actually moving- Blancs only real way to try to hit her would be teleporting to catch up. So assuming that for whatever Reason Blanc fail's to hit Amy initially, it's quite possible that Amy starts amping herself to get away.

I can see this playing out in a few ways:

1) Amy either doesn't see or can't react to Blanc's first attack, and Blanc either Atomizes her, or Paralysis/Power Null's her, or a slightly less expected move, poison's her, and Amy either loses then and there, is so inhibited that she's probably going to lose after Blanc starts beating down on her relentlessly, or eventually loses from the Poison over time.

2) Amy either starts running immediately as the fight begins, or she see's Blanc coming at her and starts running. At this point, Blanc's gonna have a rough time catching up to Amy, but she can also use her Flight to her advantage to fly above Amy and stay mostly out of her range. There is a Chance Blanc teleports and hit's a caught off guard Amy, but it's also possible this just leads to a sort of stalemate if Blanc can't manage to hit or stop her movement in some way.

In my opinion, I find it unlikely that the second option happens; Blanc is either going to be invisible to Amy, and thus take her by surprise, or she's going to capitalize on Amy's initially weakened stats and the short range between them to hit her before she get's moving. I find it more likely that Blanc will hit Amy with something she can't exactly deal with, and from there it would be relatively smooth sailing for Blanc. Inversely, I don't see much that Amy has that can decisively act as a obvious Wincon against Blanc; Though I am open to being proven wrong. So, I'm currently leaning to voting Blanc, but also kinda want to see if there's a argument for Amy.

i kinda wish that i had separated the tabbers between BoS and Current so that blanc didn't have the white orb as an ability for BoS keys, but it is what it is

Yeah, Strategist is right, the status effects are going to be an agonizing problem for Amy; I know she resists Paralysis because lol Cyber Corruption, but to clarify, this is a type of Paralysis that is able to affect even those without any nerves, even though it's stated that it's paralysis of the nerves (see Uni's "Paralysis Shot", this scene here, or this Nepstation scene here), therefore it's a level of Paralysis above Amy's resistance; "paralyzing the nerves" of inorganic creatures, 2D entities, data beasts, and ghosts is inherently more powerful than just standard paralysis.

Even though Amy would resist The Mediator's effects, she does not have the necessary resistance potency to stop the status effects.

And considering that Blanc would have access to the White Orb in this key because ya boi is a dumbass and didn't separate BoS and Current P&A into separate tabbers. . .Amy isn't going to be able to see her, let alone sense her, meaning Blanc essentially gets a free hit and Amy gets status'd.

That is only for AP, as the profiles that have Ring Damage Transferal outlines. That does not mean Rings are able to prevent the holder from being inflicted with Status Effects, otherwise it would have specified that.

So sure, Amy wouldn't be hurt by the attack, but she would still be inflicted with the aforementioned Paralysis and Poison.

i kinda wish that i had separated the tabbers between BoS and Current so that blanc didn't have the white orb as an ability for BoS keys, but it is what it is
There's always next CRT lol- Though should it be listed as a Piece of Equipment in technicality, or...? Since the power relies on the White Orb in the first place-

Amy will start out using piko hammer and can always speed amp herself and heal via thinking of sonic, if she is losing she can think of an imaginary sonic who can harm people, she can always use Amy flash to stun Blanc.

Yeah, that's great and all, but because my dumbass forgot to separate BoS and Current Blanc has the White Orb, making her imperceptible to Amy until Blanc attacks her and lands a hit on her. It is essentially invisibility but like 1000x better.

Meaning Amy won't know where or when Blanc will attack her. Amy may know she is there because SBA lol but she won't know Blanc's exact position until she's already been attacked, in which case, she'll be both Paralyzed and Poisoned, meaning she can't even do so much as move, and her life will be chipped away slowly but surely.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's great and all, but because my dumbass forgot to separate BoS and Current Blanc has the White Orb, making her imperceptible to Amy until Blanc attacks her and lands a hit on her. It is essentially invisibility but like 1000x better.

Meaning Amy won't know where or when Blanc will attack her. Amy may know she is there because SBA lol but she won't know Blanc's exact position until she's already been attacked, in which case, she'll be both Paralyzed and Poisoned, meaning she can do so much as move, and her life will be chipped away slowly but surely.
Amy can just tank the attack via rings revealing her location tho it probs won't stop it from the poison and paralysis.
and if she knows bla's there she can just hit the ground and create shockwaves to harm bla

and if she knows bla's there she can just hit the ground and create shockwaves to harm bla
Yeah, that isn't going to work when she's being inflicted with Paralysis and Poison.

And no, the Rings won't shield her from being given status effects, they just shield her from taking damage, which the profile itself states. Unless there's something showing us that Rings are capable of protecting their wielders from being inflicted with status effects (specifically Paralysis and Poison) then Amy would have something else going there. But otherwise, no, the Rings will just protect her from being harmed and that's it

Couldn't Amy just use a forcefield to take the first hit? Her guard would be up if she knew an opponent was in her presence but couldn't see them Worth noting Amy can go invisible too at will.

Yeah, that isn't going to work when she's being inflicted with Paralysis and Poison.

And no, the Rings won't shield her from being given status effects, they just shield her from taking damage, which the profile itself states. Unless there's something showing us that Rings are capable of protecting their wielders from being inflicted with status effects (specifically Paralysis and Poison) then Amy would have something else going there. But otherwise, no, the Rings will just protect her from being harmed and that's it
Bruh 🗿
What could Amy do then she'll only be paused and slowly dying

edit: see above post

Couldn't Amy just use a forcefield to take the first hit? Her guard would be up if she knew an opponent was in her presence but couldn't see them
Does she put the forcefield up in-character against what she would believe to be an invisible enemy?

In fact, does she ever actually put up a forcefield when she's fighting an enemy aside from the Sonic Battle ability? Because outside of Sonic Battle, I don't ever believe she has used a forcefield against an enemy before, so I'm very skeptical about her doing it as the first thing in battle
What could Amy do then she'll only be paused and slowly dying
Realistically speaking; nothing. Under Paralysis, she basically can't do anything. No movement, no skills, no attacks, nothing.

Her chances of winning would skyrocket assuming she'd be able to avoid the first attack or multiple that Blanc throws at her, but I see it unlikely tbh

Does she put the forcefield up in-character against what she would believe to be an invisible enemy?

In fact, does she ever actually put up a forcefield when she's fighting an enemy aside from the Sonic Battle ability? Because outside of Sonic Battle, I don't ever believe she has used a forcefield against an enemy before, so I'm very skeptical about her doing it as the first thing in battle
She also uses it in Sonic The Fighters. And yeah, probably. If she knew someone was there, but couldn't see who, I doubt she'd do smth stupid like swinging her hammer aimlessly, lol.

Hmmm

Hard part is really determining whether or not Blanc would stop being "invisible" so to say if she were to hit a barrier instead of an enemy.

Because the White Orb only seems to cease its function until specifically an enemy is hit.

Tbh, while Amy being able to do such things as heal, summon a fake sonic, or create barrier's is nice and all, it definitely seems far from her first move. Two of these to my knowledge are exclusive to Sonic Battle, and while the barrier is in The Fighter's as well... I don't recall her EVER using it outside of a fighting game. Sure, it's stuff she could do, but doubtful that it's something she would do. And even if she somehow managed to start sending Shockwave's... Blanc can, kinda fly. So it realistically wouldn't stop Blanc from reaching Amy and smacking her, at which point Amy would be Paralyzed- This is assuming this is even something Amy would do in character as the first move she uses against someone she cannot perceive.

If Amy went invisible and moved from her original position, sure, that could possibly make this a incon- But this is pretty far from Amy's MO. Having a vast number of abilities isn't always going to save you when you only really use a ability in one or two situation's, or even worse, really just one or two game's (That Imaginary Sonic would have been useful in quite a few situation's- Like Force's- But clearly Amy doesn't use it there, so it's not something she would typically use, for example).

After reading through the reasoning of the thread, I'm gonna have to vote Blanc FRA due to Amy's moves leading to potential wincons or incons are not entirely in-character. Granted Amy isn't stupid, and would adjust her strategy when necessary, the problem is she just might not get the opportunity.

I'd argue the Spin Dash could afford her some time, but she isn't the sort to spam the move in the Modern Era like Sonic or Tails do. So yeah, Hammer Girl goes down. Lol at the 1 Ring btw Fezz, was wondering how long people would take to do shit like that lmao

Back