• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Cop fights a Monkey

Jackythejack

They/Them
Yuuuup. BTD is getting a bit of traction on the wiki so why not take it as an opportunity to spam a character, huh? Speed is equalized, fight takes place in an empty street and both have 9-C weaponry. They are both next to buildings they can hide in if need be.

Who wins and why?

Dart Monkey

Mary Muldoo

I'll follow and FRA when the universe needs me.

Mary is smarter & stealthier, Monkey is smaller, has good stamina. Also, Monkey has a POSSIBLE tens of kilometers range, which could give it the win.

However, Monkey is Street Level+ to her Street Level.

Also, I dunno if Dart Monkey has an ammo limit. Mary's gun probably does.

Mary's stealth means she'll be harder to find, & cover might mean Monkey could waste ammo... but that's a lot less relevant if it doesn't have to stop throwing until it moves/gets hit. Cover or not, she has to fire back at some point.

Voting Dart Monkey, high difficulty, for being harder to hit at range, better stamina, possibly better range, & probably better ammo.

That or Inconclusive since cover in a firearm fight turns it into a guessing game for the tiny monkey.

I will counter in saying that stamina won't be very important in this battle given that one hit is going to kill and...I mean I'll be frank I dunno the rank on an average gun. How do we handle possiblys again though?

And how come a dart is better than a bullet?

Is Monkey NOT Street Level+ with its dart attacks? As for range....

Range: At least several meters, possibly tens of kilometers (The artwork for Long Range Darts shows a dart going that far, however this may not be valid)

Range: Melee range, several meters with firearms

Both of them are apparently "several meters" via their ranged weapons.

Also, oops, Mary is Human Level Durability, lol.

Dart Monkey is:

Durability: Likely Street level+

So Mary dies in one hit, but Monkey doesn't?

As for AP, Monkey is:

Likely Street level+ (Although much weaker, should be able to somewhat compare to the Bomb Tower)

So he scales to something that is actually Street Level+, it seems. Why its darts outdamage a gun, I dunno, but I know of at least one 10-A firearm on our Wiki.

Ahem, I will say that piercing damage is a real b-word in this case, though. Guns can even take down a 9-B when placed in good hands, and shot well...like from a police officer. That's my main argument. It's why Mary has a recorded win against a 9-B in the first place.

Even though her gun is 9-C against someone with Likely 9-C+ Durability? And half the problem is if Monkey fires non-stop.

The best I can think of is for her to find cover she can peek out of or has a hole she can stick her gun out of without monkey evading. Then she just has to hope monkey doesn't win at "whack-a-mole" & that she doesn't run out of bullets.

How far into 9-C is Monkey? What kind of gun does she have?

Since Mary is a character from a play I can't say what kind of gun she has as it depends on the production.

And yes even if the monkey has 9-C+ dura because Mary has fought an opponent with 9-B durability and won because piercing damage and guns is pretty crazy at this tier.

Also the monkey never really...moves in the middle of combat does it? Doesn't it just kinda stand there?

I haven't really experienced the 'verse. I dunno if it actually moves, but....

Speed: Likely SuperHuman (Real World monkeys can go this fast), Transonic combat speed (Compares to Boomerang Monkey)

I mean given it's a tower defense game the fighters shouldn't really...move when in combat. They just sit and throw darts at something that comes into view.

I'll wait for an expert on the 'verse to come in & clarify its mobility, then. As is, it just has an assumed movement speed, based on a similar real world species.

From my understanding, the Superhuman is the movement speed, since the towers never move within gameplay. Some regular Monkeys move around in the over world of Monkey City, but that's a super casual walking speed.

However, Dart Monkey lost the Street Level, so this explanation's irrelevant anyways

Back