• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A controversial Zelda thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So, why exactly don't we consider that whole "OoT Link shoots his arrow into the sun to get fire arrows" thing? I never really considered it until now, but I'm pretty sure that's what the scene is implying (Skip to a little after 2 minutes).

Interplanetary arrows... now we are talking about something cool.

can it be cal'd? Tho it probably is an outlier.

Zelda is too serious for that feat, but yeah Interplanetary range arrows looks possible.

We already discussed in the far past why this is mostly game mechanic and extremely undereliable.

/\ This is exactly what I was thinking when I looked at the feat here.

"Wait, how did that arrow hit the sun and came back? Or am I missing something?

This must be a Fun and Games Board Thread under disguise because that feat is and was deemed as an inconsistent outlier [Mainly because it's a glitched cutscene] in various threads, which i hope to not bring here because they were about downgrading the verse.

By checking the video, it's oblivious to see that glitches, hacks and game mechanic were used to affect said cutscene, this is why it's inconsistent.

The real cal howard said:
I'm sorry, what? This literally makes no sense.
Read the comments, the player hacked the game in order to perform these and are unreliable.

That's a blatant lie. Check any video or wiki of that entire scene and it's clearly not the case.

Again with this, it will be rejected like last times. Can Link shoot an arrow to the sun in all other games in the series?, no because this is game mechanic glitch and Oot 3D was made to retain most of the glitches of the original game.

You need to re-read this page

Also, you're still not telling the truth as there's no glitches that involve fire arrows

"Can Link shoot an arrow to the sun in all other games in the series?"

Can Link bust moons to large stars? Can Cloud bust solar systems? What about Sora?

I don't care if this doesn't go through. Call it an outlier, or say it doesn't reach the sun. Faulty reasoning is what I do care about.

My only question is, are you sure it goes around? It looks more like a ritual than it actually going around the sun.

This is a good point. I have no reason to see why it wouldn't go to the sun, as randomly firing in that direction should serve no purpose, and wouldn't need the sun to be out. Though that could be a case for it not coming back.

I could not known about LoZ, but being a summoning ritual sound pretty rasonable considering the nature of the serie; I wouldn't buy the "shot the arrow to the sun, it circle the sun, and later come back"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back