• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Call to Chat

Before I explain what exactly this post is for, I want to talk about something for a little bit.

As I'm sure practically everyone knows by now, a lot of things have been going on in the wiki recently; be it wiki-doomers calling for the end-times, a startling amount of people leaving, increasing tension between regular users and staff members, and overall just plenty of negativity going around.

But if you ask me? I honestly think the wiki is doing fine.

Sure, it's been changing a lot and not everyone is happy about it. People are leaving, but when you think about it, how many people have already come and gone well before all this happened? How many are still here? Most of the people who left joined years ago and likely have lives outside a site dedicated to nothing more than a hobby. I certainly do, and if it weren't for all the friends I've made on this wiki and all the effort I put into it, I would've quietly left as soon as my military tenure started. After all, what other reason would I have to stay?

Just a few days ago, seeing everything going on, I contemplated just leaving the wiki officially, as many others already have. I don't feel like my leaving would've left much of an impact. I contributed actively to only one verse, Persona, and I've already passed on the reins to others in the revision server; so what did I have left to contribute? There was only one problem.

I still enjoy this hobby. I still enjoy VS battles.

And that's exactly what this is: a hobby. It's meant to be enjoyed! We're supposed to feel good about it! We're not supposed to get headaches and hold grudges. I might be wrong, but I feel like a lot of us have forgotten that this whole thing is just another way for us to have fun.

Why dislike certain people just because they stonewall a revision? Why get mad about wiki standards stopping our interpretation of a character or verse's statistics from making it onto the wiki? Persona can be Tier 2 or Tier 7 and I wouldn't care as long as the matches are fun, even if they lose. I don't care if Joker fights Saber or Arceus, Kirby or Solid Snake. As long as characters I love can fight other characters I love, what's there to be mad about?

So we get to the point of this post. Taking everything I've said above into consideration, I've been wondering if I should change the way I see and approach things with the wiki, and part of that is making a new Discord server. A server that's purely for fun, that just happens to have a bunch of people who like making characters fight other characters. People who might like debating, or compiling information, or researching obscure bits of lore, or just generally fans of popular fictional series.

I want to bring back the fun I had when I was a low-tier debater just flexing my nerd knowledge on the Fate series. The feeling I had when I was spending hours on-end making the Persona profiles look as clean as possible, and being praised for the effort. I want to bring back that fun and let others experience it as well. I want a place where we can all forget our grudges and biases from past experiences on the wiki and just be friends with a common interest in VS battles, where infamous users can come in and be among friends, so long as they behave. Where the people are primarily interested not in the wiki, not in the winning or losing, but in the fun in being shameless nerds about our favorite fictional characters and universes. A place where we can start anew, without unpleasant memories to hold us back.

With the help of a few friends, the server has already been made and the invite will be sent below. Please remember that this is entirely an unofficial effort started by less than a handful of people, and so I'll need help in growing the server to something that as many people can enjoy as possible. Anyone is free to join, though I encourage long-time users to come and give the idea a try.

Come and be a part of a casual chat between friends.

This is Solacis, giving his most heartfelt regards.

Is this a declaration of war towards Vs central? because it feels like a declaration of war towards Vs central.

And i support that wholeheartly

Is this a declaration of war towards Vs central? because it feels like a declaration of war towards Vs central.

And i support that wholeheartly
I know this is a joke, but seeing as I can see how it would seem that way to some people, I'll give a definite no in response to that question.

People are free to use the coalition of freedom, blackjack and hookers. This isn't meant to be an "us or them" thing. I simply felt that many users have less than savory memories of VS central, and so I decided a clean slate might do some good.

I defintely agree with you over the stats thing. Honestly I don't mind my favorite character Iron Man being just Tier 5, 6, 7 or even 8 for most of his interactions (As long as he's not Universal or above at base form cus that is ******* stupid nooooppe), in fact I often take advantage of both downgrades and upgrades of my characters, as now I can pit them against new enemies and have wider variety of matches.

The wiki is definetly not dying, I believe it just happens that old guard are leaving for A or B reason, moving onto other things (Most of them are still in discord tho), plenty of new peps are still joining the wiki, albeit much younger and inexperienced. And with the decreasing number of long knowledge members to help, it could lead to some, "back to square one" development.

Who knows what will happen with this place through out the new decade, but right now is still standing firmly.

Last edited:
Thank you for trying to stay positive and help build something constructive.

I hope that your new chat room will have rather strict standards of behaviour, so people have to make an effort to be nice to each other without toxicity.

Thank you for trying to stay positive and help build something constructive.

I hope that your new chat room will have rather strict standards of behaviour, so people have to make an effort to be nice to each other without toxicity.
You could join too, y'know. Would be nice to meet "Ant the VS battles fan" instead of "Ant the bureaucrat" for once.

I am too overworked, but I appreciate your initiative to try to make this community more friendly and relaxed.

Also, I am nearly completely uninterested in versus discussion. I am obsessed with indexing, statistics, and factual accuracy though.

I am too overworked, but I appreciate your initiative to try to make this community more friendly and relaxed.
Just a note that I greatly appreciate such help from all other community members as well. Social skills are not my strong area to say the least.

I just want to mention that I am talking with Moritzva in private, and he does in fact try to keep the negativity in his chat server under control, so I apologise for any misunderstandings.

Last edited:
I realize Mori likely tries harder nowadays. I just have arse experiences from that server so I'm not terribly keen on it, I don't mean to rag on it too hard, lmk if I ever go too far.

Back