• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Bat fights a Reptile

Why not? That's very effective. Certain Godzillas are completely fine with overkill too (like Shin Godzilla nukes even a tiny drone while sleeping).

Prep time is just time to set everything up. Doesn't matter if you know what's gonna happen next. Like you could use prep time to gather more energy just in case.

Depends on how that one works. Somehow rendering nuclear energy useless will simply make Godzilla switch to a different power source as he already had in Shin Godzilla. Some of these abilities aren't any different from cell division and breathing. It's not some mutant gene you can deactivate to make him normal or something along those lines. Lack of prior knowledge makes it even less likely.

Batman tends to not overkill if in character... so... I can't think of a situation where Batman would somehow prep against 4-B if all he knows is that he is going to fight someone he has no prior knowledge of...

The biggest problem is the time stop, then Super Oscillatory Wave. Reactive Evolution is also troublesome, especially when combined with other Godzillas' arsenal. Nothing stops him from simply growing a thousand heads that can all use SOW or spawning thousand discount God Warriors that can also use that ability in addition to having Reactive Evolution on their own.

Bass boosting as the opening move is still very much in-character as he's completely fine with using it against what might as well be a slightly bigger ant in his eyes. I'm pretty sure that was his opening move in the first movie of the trilogy.

Depends on what Preparation is for the character. Godzilla Earth (and therefore Composite Godzilla) doesn't need prior knowledge for it as he's merely generating energy. But it's vital to Batman as he's preparing equipment needed to deal with his enemy. Hell, without prior knowledge, even something as simple as poison immunity can fail. Just because you're immune to cobra venom doesn't make you immune to mustard gas.

I mean, Batman also made a time stop device that can freeze Flash. https://m.imgur.com/a/vWHo3?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

However it's from Rebirth so idk if that counts. Since it's only been shown that Rebirth Batman kept the Post-Crisis history, I don't know if it's true the other way around. Post-Crisis Batman did build time machines couple times though, so time stop should be within his capability. https://m.imgur.com/a/FJ7ykhh?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Then again, if he is in-character and no prior knowledge, he would never use these things.

It didn't completely freeze Barry there.

Time machine and a machine/device that stops time are also very different things.

Gojii-san said:
It didn't completely freeze Barry there.

Time machine and a machine/device that stops time are also very different things.
I'm really confused as to how a battle like this work tbh. Is time travel allowed in a prep battle or not?

He won't even have the time to use time travel anyway since Godzilla's time stop is a thing. Can't go back in time if you've been reduced to nothing while time was stopped.

I think some forms of time travels are allowed like Doctor Strange's bargain prep (that's technically time travel), but it depends on whether it's applicable.

The rules are too vague to have a conclusive match imo. Like, how far away are they from each other? If prep is allowed, is it ok to be prepared by being in a different timeline to begin with? Can a character just start off by instantly teleporting to a hiding place? If they start in different places, can a character just turn invisible immediately and wait out time stop? And these only works if Batman is either out of character or prior knowledge. Without either, Batman will get stomped since he won't even be so massively prepared to begin with.

GlitchedNess said:
The rules are too vague to have a conclusive match imo. Like, how far away are they from each other? If prep is allowed, is it ok to be prepared by being in a different timeline to begin with? Can a character just start off by instantly teleporting to a hiding place? If they start in different places, can a character just turn invisible immediately and wait out time stop? And these only works if Batman is either out of character or prior knowledge. Without either, Batman will get stomped since he won't even be so massively prepared to begin with.
1. SBA says they are 4 kilometers away 2. They start in the same place 3, I'll give both prior knowledge

Standard Battle Assumptions are in play when something's not specified. 4 kilometers might be a little much as Godzilla will just snipe Batman from a safe distance.

In this case, invisibility isn't going to work because Godzilla can sense motion and develop different methods of detection if needed. He can also just destroy everything in range (which, considering how Shin Godzilla reacted to getting injured, is still in character). 3 minutes is enough for that. Teleporting and then spending time hiding instead of fighting is against the rules IIRC.

Giving both prior knowledge makes this even worse because then a good chunk of Batman's equipment becomes useless due to Reactive Evolution while Godzilla gets more than enough time to spawn hundreds of equally powerful clones or grow big enough to be seen from space. Remember that he can greatly increase his mass in a matter of seconds in Shin Godzilla (from the second form's 28 meters to the third form's 57 in less than 30 seconds). Since he grows proportionally stronger as he increases in size, it's not going to end well.

Even if only Batman is given prior knowledge, there's still time stop into SOW.

That's why I was asking about the time machine thing, since BFR requires 1 week, and I was confused about how time travel comes into play if that were the case.

So if I am to assume you're allowed to intentionally leave the battlefield, I can give you one example as to how Batman can win. (Although personally I genuinely find this an inconclusive match) If Batman has prior knowledge, he would know Time Stop is a thing. So it is possible for him to set up the teleporter for him to teleport right to the time machine and the rest is up to your imagination.

However, if self bfr is not allowed, then simply set the time machine within the arena also works. But it will then have a risk of Godzilla following him in, which can be countered if he rigged it to render useless after using it. But since Godzilla also has prior knowledge, he might target the time machine right away or freeze time right when the match starts, but then the question would be weather or not Godzilla can stop time faster than a teleport which can go both ways.

SBA: "Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. "

Trying to just get away from Godzilla would be giving up. Not sure if Batman would so easily let him roam free and destroy all life on Earth (something that would take less than a week here) while he's safe either.

He either spends all time trying to get away or dies the moment he stops to actually fight. Either Batman's not here because he left or time is stopped and he gets bass boosted.

The only way this can get remotely fair is if Godzilla's equipment is removed, but then he can still bass boost Batman. Becoming an army of Godzillas or one giant Godzilla will only make it worse.

Gojii-san said:
He either spends all time trying to get away or dies the moment he stops to actually fight.
But my time travelling scenario isn't to get away but to fight him when he's in a more vulnerable state though.

Going back to the past beyond even the 3 months of prep will go into completely unknown and very much confusing territory. Different Godzillas have different origins and some are completely unknown. Which one is even used for a composite version?

Time stop is instant by the way.

Gojii-san said:
Going back to the past beyond even the 3 months of prep will go into completely unknown and very much confusing territory. Different Godzillas have different origins and some are completely unknown. Which one is even used for a composite version?
Yeah, that's why I find this inconclusive.

Gojii-san said:
Time stop is instant by the way.
I mean it depends on how fast Godzilla can activate it, or how fast Batman can activate teleport assuming that he didn't already set up the teleport timer to activate the instant the match starts.

Back