• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-C Tournament: The Player (Death Road to Canada) vs. Reki

DMUA said:
.... Is this actually fair enough to add to the profiles in that case?

I don't think it is.
I mean, they in the same tier and even the Player have the melee advantage and (I think) have ranged weapons too; is not an stomp, is just that with enough distance Reki has considerable more possibilities to win.

Antoniofer said:
I mean, they in the same tier and even the Player have the melee advantage and (I think) have ranged weapons too; is not an stomp, is just that with enough distance Reki has considerable more possibilities to win.
So is GT Goku and Reinhard. Or maybe for a more on point example in this situation, Goku and Prince Akihito

Melee weapons don't mean anything when Reki has to just sit there 15 meters away and blast him before he can do anything

Not in this matchup that's for sure

I see absolutely no win condition on his end, that is, by the books, a stomp. Shoot back? He's already leaking Grey Matter. Try to melee? She has an entire 15 meters to think about a way to kill him. Literally throw the barracade? If his knee doesn't get blown out as he tries, it's probably not going to do anything to her anyways and he'll be wide open.

One can stomp through superior stats, one can stomp through superior hax, but stomping through superior skill?

Give her 2km range and it is a range stomp, if one want to say that, but winning via superior skill can really just be called decisive.

Not that I really care wether it is added. In any case I think we can start the next match now?

If someone cannot win, they are being stomped.

The Canadian boi cannot win, the fact that it's a matter of his opponent's skill, Hax, or power doesn't matter.

Yeah, just take it off the profiles and continue the show.

Yeah, stomping via superior skill can be a thing, if the character is so skilled that the opponent literally cannot touch them no matter what they do and is skilled enough to finish the opponent in a second; I don't know if this is the case here, I'm just pointing that out.

Sounds like any conclusive result can be called a stomp then, given that the only way a fight isn't a stomp is that we do not know enough to be able to securely tell who wins.

I understand why there are constantly debates about people calling matches a stomp now...

Suddenly I am glad that most of my threads are unfit to be added to begin with xD

I wouldn't call it an stomp neither (the skill "stomp" is only conditional), but meh, I do not participate too much in vsthread to tell the difference...

Either way, Reki won the fight in the tournament so we can proceed.

A stomp is that one Character absolutely in no way can win

Decisive is that one character has a chance but his victory will be extremely hard pressed

This falls into the former

DontTalkDT said:
Sounds like any conclusive result can be called a stomp the
Not really; when one of them simply has a significant skill advantague, it is decisive, but when that skill advantague is so ridiculously huge that the other guy literally cannot do anything except dying, then it's a stomp, there's a difference.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Not really; when one of them simply has a significant skill advantague, it is decisive, but when that skill advantague is so ridiculously huge that the other guy literally cannot do anything except dying, then it's a stomp, there's a difference.
In a deterministic universe those are the same thing. At least for simple gun matches like this where whoever shoots the opponent first wins.

Imagine a cowboy duel between capable shooters for example. Whoever draws his weapon first wins. You can have a 0.01 second difference and that character would win 100% of the time and the opponent can do nothing. Yet nobody would call that a stomp.

Essentially, matching what is on the spite thread page, something is a stomp if one character is vastly more powerful than the other. That a character wins 100% of the time (well, more like 99% here considering that lucky shots exist) shouldn't be the sole criteria.

DontTalkDT said:
Imagine a cowboy duel between capable shooters for example. Whoever draws his weapon first wins. You can have a 0.01 second difference and that character would win 100% of the time and the opponent can do nothing. Yet nobody would call that a stomp.

Essentially, matching what is on the spite thread page, something is a stomp if one character is vastly more powerful than the other. That a character wins 100% of the time (well, more like 99% here considering that lucky shots exist) shouldn't be the sole criteria.
I would. If he's always going to draw his gun first, thereby rendering everything his opponent could do useless, he stomps.

Stomp Thread

"A Stomp thread is when one character is immediately able to win against another, whether it is via battlefield removal, incapacitation or killing, with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own abilities or statistics."

This is what this thread is. Reki immediately blows his head off with no possibility for retort.

There is no lucky shot to be made, Reki just straight up kills him.

Wow. So regular humans with guns stomp each other all the time.... that's pretty stupid.

You can think so, but we had a thread about this, and that's decided to be indeed the case.

Hmmm... True that characters with guns stomping each others sounds pretty ridiculous, we are practically banning them only for having guns and being harmed by them... If one have guns plus markmanship while the other not yes, but otherwise not.

I mean, if they were actually evenly matched, it wouldn't be a stomp.

However The Canadian Boi has to actually aim somewhat at his target to hit them, while Reki is very experienced in not doing that.

The Canadian boi also actually needs a clear shot, while Reki is very, very experienced in flipping the concept of clear shots off.

If it was two snipers of the same caliber, it would be Inconclusive or at least close.

This is not two snipers of the same caliber.

I agree with DontTalk that a fight between two 9-C characters without powers isn't unbalanced enough to be called a stomp, even if one of them is more skilled.

Not to be offensive but... It feels like everyone is ignoring most of the thread above when I asked if this is actually fair.

This isn't simply one is more skilled, this is one of them

Gemmysaur said:
wipes him with sniping so good that she can ricochet her bullets to move at corners, shoot a moving dog so cleanly that it grazed the back of its nape just enough to pacify it, and get out of cover, aim and shoot, then move back to cover, in the time it took for a bullet to cross that distance.
And one has a somewhat good aim.

I think in general it's basic the Player is just so simple and doesn't have that much feats, meanwhile the other one is just so much more skilled that it becomes decisive. That said if the Player has zero chance of winning it becomes a stomp.

On the other hand... doesn't speed equalized just make any sort of skillshots or trickshots silly? It's like trying to show off you can rebound bullets but the enemy can just simply dodge or sidestep, and shoot you and be of equal threat. I mean sure the bullets bounce, but it becomes not too hard to handle.

@COB: I don't think anyone intents to speed equalize here in a way that their speed becomes equal to the speed of their bullets.

(Though considering that Reki can snipe Kinji Tohyama that would probably not change a lot either way)

True. Speed equalize is always a confusing issue... Whether you want the person equal to the speed of their projectile or not. More detail should be placed on it to be careful.

Or just never equalize speed and just stick to lower tiers where things aren't wierd

I never understood why people want speed equalization to make them as fast as their projectiles, like, why? The equalization makes so you are exactly as fast as the other character, so if the projectile is faster than the other character, then shouldn't it be logically faster than you as well?

I don't even think that equalizing projectiles speed is allowed, like, character are human level and now the bullet moves slowly? They can still aim dodge, something that happens often in fiction.

@Paulo and Antoinofer

Once you get to higher tier it becomes obvious why.

Then again the easy answer is that it's still their attack speed so they nerf it too.

I've always assumed that stuff like bullet or attack speed is still as much faster relative to the user as it would normally be. So if someone is relativistic normally with a certain attack that has light speed bullets, then that attack would have bullets 10x faster than them in speed equal.

If everything is set to a fixed speed that destroys tons of characters' fighting styles. Whether it's projectiles, energy attacks, varying their attacks' speed to throw off the enemy, or some special technique, varied speed is a huge part of way too many characters ability to fight to just discount it.

Back