• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-C Boxers: Little Mac vs Rocky Balboa

by what I've seen, rocky in its 9-c form is much more resilient than ippo, rocky also have a great stamina.

my vote is for rocky

How good is Rocky's AP? Mac is compareable to his universe's Mike Tyson, who shouldn't be far from the real thing.

The Smashor said:
How good is Rocky's AP? Mac is compareable to his universe's Mike Tyson, who shouldn't be far from the real thing.
rocky is compareable to the apollo creed, if i'm not wrong he is the best boxer in his universe, or soemthing like this

I mean this is kind of irrelevant because Don Flamenco can punch with a greater force than Ivan Drago (don is about 18.7 tons, Ivan is about 11 tons) and there is no evidence to suggest that it is a different version in either game, so for the NES version that means he takes beatdowns from people 70% stronger than a foe rocky nearly died fighting, also mac can block his punches meaning he is around the same stregnth.

And in case anyone says that him being KOed in one punch by Mike Tyson disproves this, that version is clearly not the real world equivalent (as he is about 8'5, which is taller than the tallest man alive)

Also, mac fights piston hondo, who outruns a 64m/s bullet train, and based on the ratio of travel speed to combat speed most boxers have (5m/s:15m/s - 1:3) that means piston hondo can likely punch at speeds of around 192m/s which is almost 13x faster than rocky

Also, Mac fights mr sandman in this game who destroys a building later in the series, which would require anywhere from 5kg of TNT to 2000kg of TNT

(also, while the 2 versions of mac are discernably different there is nothing really to show that the boxers he fights in the two different games are different characters, so this scaling still makes sense)

I mean the stregnth and speed differences are huge landslides but the durability is just ridiculous, Rocky would have no way to realistically harm him, survive a Punch from him or even hit him because of how fast he can move.

My vote is on mac

(also, sorry i'm so late to the party)

Then speed should be equalized. Also I am pretty sure you are using information from other games not just Punch-Out!! 1987

Sorry I am somewhat confused..

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Then speed should be equalized. Also I am pretty sure you are using information from other games not just Punch-Out!! 1987
Sorry I am somewhat confused..
I did not realise that it was only info from that game, not that they were 2 seperate characters and i kinda misread that speed equalized thing, so yeah, my bad. I'd say rocky then

Back