• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More Throwaway Match: Guts vs SCP-076

Hello! And welcome back to our Medieval Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More! For our throwaway match we have the tenacious Guts, the Struggler himself face to face against the Breaker of the Bronze God himself, SCP-076, otherwise known as "Abel"!
  • Both are 9-A, Guts in his Black Swordsman Arc key, 076 in his second key
  • This battle takes place in an arena outside of these characters' verses
  • Both characters start 5 meters apart from each other
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Both have all their standard equipment

Guts:

Able:

Incon:

Last edited:
I vote Guts.

Since this isn't extended canon 076, he is mostly a rampaging berserker, with unknown skill in swordmanship.

Guts on the other hand is a much more skilled, tactical and experienced warrior (we can't tell if 076 long life gave him anything relevant), with better mobility (even this early version of Guts).
Guts already had encounters with opponents far stronger than him, and in this case he may even have the stats advantage (not LS, but now it doesn't really matter).

076 stamina and resilience are insane, but I still see him going down after awhile (or a clear lethal strike).

Being unfamiliar with both sides, I don't see reason to disagree with SamanPatou's reasoning, & will use it as the basis for my vote towards Guts.
Helps that Guts scales "massively" above 100,000 joules.. I can easily see him having the better stats.

I vote Guts.

Since this isn't extended canon 076, he is mostly a rampaging berserker, with unknown skill in swordmanship.
? Im not sure what you mean here, Article Canon 076 is still a master of every form of martial arts on earth, you sure youre not mixing up him with 682?

This'll be a more even match then, though Guts in the Golden Age also did fight human Zodd, who had equally worthy experience to SCP-076, and held Guts to high esteem for his ability. Not to mention Guts' Analytical Prediction should close any gap in skill

This'll be a more even match then, though Guts in the Golden Age also did fight human Zodd, who had equally worthy experience to SCP-076, and held Guts to high esteem for his ability. Not to mention Guts' Analytical Prediction should close any gap in skill
Experience and skill arent the same thing

So lets see, going off the profiles

076 has the AP, Durability, Skill/Intelligence, Stamina, Endurance, Lifting Strength, and Range advatage

While Guts has...Is his probability manip even combat applicable?

Guts massively scales above the given figure so not really AP or durability given that the 100,000 was only through one shotting a guy who killed a bear in single combat. Guts killed 100 armed men in single battle in one night, not to mention his Supernatural Willpower is already frightening enough on its own to bolster his endurance in combat.

So I don't think the stamina gap is significant whatsoever, given that I also think that the terms used for the Stamina portions are arbitrary anyway. They both start in melee range, so I don't see how the range advantage is meaningful in any way, seems it does not seem in-character for Able to kite. Lifting Strength does speak for itself I admit, but otherwise the advantages you've stated for SCP-076 are not any significant whatsoever.

Guts massively scales above the given figure so not really AP or durability given that the 100,000 was only through one shotting a guy who killed a bear in single combat. Guts killed 100 armed men in single battle in one night, not to mention his Supernatural Willpower is already frightening enough on its own to bolster his endurance in combat.
076 backscales from 682
So I don't think the stamina gap is significant whatsoever, given that I also think that the terms used for the Stamina portions are arbitrary anyway. They both start in melee range, so I don't see why the range advantage. Lifting Strength does speak for itself I admit, but otherwise the advantages you've stated for SCP-076 are not significant whatsoever.
Who in all of Berserk has skill comparable to 076?

And the supplementary material for it yes, thats where he gets that feat from
I actually forgot that I did read them at the time, at least the addendums that are linked at the bottom of the article, but they don't mention him being expert on all martial arts on Earth. He is regarded as being knowledgeable in military tactics, but the addendums don't go that much deep on his actual combat skill.

I actually forgot that I did read them at the time, at least the addendums that are linked at the bottom of the article, but they don't mention him being expert on all martial arts on Earth. He is regarded as being knowledgeable in military tactics, but the addendums don't go that much deep on his actual combat skill.
Again it comes from his article's supplementary material which is treated as article canon under our SCP scaling rules

076 backscales from 682
Isn't SCP 682 small building level, I'm assuming the 9-B 076's AP range is still within the 100kj to 1mj range? Otherwise, he stomps here if he scales to even high end wall level but also is disqualified from the brackets

This match-up is already confusing enough as is, considering that 076 probably shouldn't have a 9-B key, especially if he fought on par with 682

This match-up can still be salvaged though, I'll switch it over to Black Swordsman Arc Guts and let it continue

Back