• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A Brackets Recruitment Thread

Okay but then wouldn't this make this a stomp? Because Akame would have literally no way whatsoever of winning? If her opponent can see her every move, Akame's chances of winning are practically nill

VersusJunkie54 said:
Okay but then wouldn't this make this a stomp? Because Akame would have literally no way whatsoever of winning? If her opponent can see her every move, Akame's chances of winning are practically nill
You said yourself that if Akame so much as brushes against him he's toast. Daredevil won't usually try and block one of her attacks (He prefers to dodge from what I'm aware of), but in the offchance he does he's dead.

Dargoo Faust said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
You said yourself that if Akame so much as brushes against him he's toast. Daredevil won't usually try and block one of her attacks (He prefers to dodge from what I'm aware of), but in the offchance he does he's dead.
This level of Precog would make the AP irrelevant now that you've provided more information.

A stomp is where a character has no chance to retort with their own abilities or statistics. Akame has 0 chance against someone like this.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Dargoo Faust said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
This level of Precog would make the AP irrelevant now that you've provided more information.
A stomp is where a character has no chance to retort with their own abilities or statistics. Akame has 0 chance against someone like this.
You're assuming Daredevil knows that she outclasses him to begin with. If he starts with blocking or countering, he's dead. Since that's not his usual move, he likely wins.

He would know what she's going to attack with and where, but his precog doesn't tell him the effects of it.

Didn't you just say that Daredevil doesn't allow himself to be hit? And with his precog, and considering he's gone against characters much more skilled than Akame, he won't be hit, period.

This is a stomp. Akame has no way around precog of that calibre.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Didn't you just say that Daredevil doesn't allow himself to be hit? And with his precog, and considering he's gone against characters much more skilled than Akame, he won't be hit, period.
This is a stomp. Akame has no way around precog of that calibre.
Blocking and countering is part of Daredevil's combat style, although it wouldn't be his regular go-to.

If I did, I recind that statement, I likely overexaggerated. I meant to say he would be able to know all of her attacks.

It's purely a matter of how he reacts to them, which would be down to his character.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Gargoyle One said:
It does if they block a strike however
So, it's not a stomp? Ok, I guess.
No, it still is. Daredevil is unlikely to be in a position where he needs to block. Especially when he is going to know EXACTLY what Akame is going to do, and has fought people arguably more skilled than her.

I'm just going to ask you to look up scans of Daredevil fighting.

He wouldn't know the outcome of her attacks, just when and where they would hit.

(EDIT) That's why it's called "Psuedo-Precog" on his profile.

How he acts on that knowledge is another story. Just because someone has precog doesn't instantly mean no attacks hit ever. Sure, he's likely more skilled. That doesn't mean he would automatically know that blocking an attack would turn him into a blood spatter.

Dargoo Faust said:
He wouldn't know the outcome of her attacks, just when and where they would hit.

How he acts on that knowledge is another story. Just because someone has precog doesn't instantly mean no attacks hit ever. Sure, he's likely more skilled. That doesn't mean he would automatically know that blocking an attack would turn him into a blood spatter.
"He wouldn't know the outcome of her attacks"

And? Daredevil doesn't strike me as the type of character to get cocky and let his guard down because he doesn't know how strong someone is.

Considering he has gone up against a multidude of characters that are Hundreds of Thousands of times stronger than him, more skilled than Akame, and overcame them via his Precog, why would he ever find himself in a position where he needed to block?

This is still a stomp, no matter how you spin it.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Dargoo Faust said:

"He wouldn't know the outcome of her attacks"
And? Daredevil doesn't strike me as the type of character to get cocky and let his guard down because he doesn't know how strong someone is.

Considering he has gone up against a multidude of characters that are Hundreds of Thousands of times stronger than him, more skilled than Akame, and overcame them via his Precog, why would he ever find himself in a position where he needed to block?

This is still a stomp, no matter how you spin it.
He gets defeated by those characters most of the time. Again, look at his fights with Spider-Man.

If there's a small, but reasonable chance that he chooses to block, which is literally in his fighting style, I don't see why it's a stomp. And now you're assuming he overcame multiple higher tier characters in a verse with very strict scaling rules.

Please don't assume things when there is still arguments on either side.

Why is it called Psuedo Precog in the first place?

And no, I have seen him fight, even in both forms he is shown blocking a strike.

He can not feasibly block a strike from someone 24x stronger,

Though really, people have a bunch of different opinions here,

Either

1. Stomp because Akame can't even touch him

2. Stomp because she kills him if he so much as blocks a strike.

We probably need more input instead of escalating

Gargoyle One said:
Because it's done through movement tracking, and not actually seeing the future?

Gargoyle One said:
And no, I have seen him fight, even in both forms he is shown blocking a strike.

He can not feasibly block a strike from someone 24x stronger,

Though really, people have a bunch of different opinions here,

Either

1. Stomp because Akame can't even touch him

2. Stomp because she kills him if he so much as blocks a strike.

We probably need more input instead of escalating
Akame will literally never touch him, no matter what happens. Even Spider Man's Precog far surpases Zank's Teigu, and Daredevil beat that both in a comic, and per WoG according to the knowledgeable members on Marvel.

Why would she never touch him?

Again, it's not like he automatically knows the AP difference. He was well aware of that fact when fighting most of the higher tiers you're mentioning,

Dargoo Faust said:
Why would she never touch him?
Again, it's not like he automatically knows the AP difference. He was well aware of that fact when fighting most of the higher tiers you're mentioning,
Because Daredevil will see all of her moves right away. Why would he lower his guard against someone he is not aware is far stronger than him. If anything, that should make him more cautious.

Because it's done through movement tracking, and not actually seeing the future?

And? It doesn't need to specifically see the future to be called precog

Heck, Touma does it by reading movements and its called precog

Gargoyle One said:
And? It doesn't need to specifically see the future to be called precog

Heck, Touma does it by reading movements and its called precog
I'd ask one of the Marvel experts on it then. Not sure myself if that's the case.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Because Daredevil will see all of her moves right away. Why would he lower his guard against someone he is not aware is far stronger than him. If anything, that should make him more cautious.
Cautious or not, he isn't going to go full Matrix style and dodge everything, he doesn't even usually do that.

I think we've reached an impasse. I'd recommend asking for more input from Marvel/Akame ga Kill! experts.

Back