• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Brackets: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antoniofer said:
To be fair, her profile do not say much besides being the strongest of the army and being a little unexperienced.

I may have rushed my vote, I forget that this is the unexperienced Ichigo that we are talking about, so, have Ichigo fought opponents as skilled/experienced as Lyndis?
This Ichigo? No

Honestly the next match looks just as interesting.

Though it looks like it leans more towards Joestar at a glance

Dat Dot said:
And basically most of enemies he fought is far more experience than him (Grandfisher able to elude and kill shinigami for 54 years), Trained karate since he was four years old, has fought variety of opponents like hollow that can spit acid (Acidwire), Hollow that can create explosive leeches (Shrieker), Can use threads to restrain and regenerate (Grand Fisher) and so on, so Ichigo is not that far behind in term of skill and experience IMO.
Are you guys gonna ignore this? Ichigo BOS key is extend till he's fighting Renji & Byakuya, so he's fought bunch of hollows even in his BOS form. He has fought hollows that kill shinigami for years and hollows is not all mindless, not to mention Accelerated Development he has to close the skill gap. All of this scan is from earlier chapter of Bleach, so he has fought quite bunch of hollows. So he's not that inexperience.

Range advantage? So does these guy has. Not to mention he can fly to close the distance like he did against ranged hollows.

Ichigo also can take a fatal wounds and can still fighting and even fought the hollows across the town with no sweat so he might have endurance and stamina advantage too.

I am.

As I already addressed it

BTW, Hollows are fodders, regardless of the name, regardless of them being souls, killing them isn't a feat to begin with, nor is stomping them for a century straight.

Fighting people that are shown to be good fighters who have a decent deal of versatility themselves is.

Literally never mentioned a range advantage, I mentioned she can counter it through expirience (She can)

Can take fatal wounds=/=Can take getting killed by a sword imbued with magic meant to kill him

<He might have the endurance and stamina too

He doesn't, at all, unless you can show me this version of Ichigo fighting days on end against army's of hollows.

Grand Fisher and Menos is not "fodders" they known for kill bunch of shinigamis for years so how does defeating them despite poorly trained while trained shinigami can't is not a feat?

Ichigo also fought variety of opponents with versatility, someone who can spit acid, energy beams, exploding frogs, flying, tentacles, Regenerationn you named it.

She has experience, yes, but Ichigo also fought beings who is experienced too. I like how she's being more experience means she counter every Ichigo's advantage in this fight.

Asuming she has experience advantage.

Ichigo has: better mobility, better stamina & endurance, enhanced senses & extrasensory perception so sneak attack is gonna be difficult against him and has fought bunch of hollows with different powers.

I'm hoping if there's more brackets, to submit some characters, honestly.

Though I'm having difficulty finding 8-Bs for some reason. Not as easy as anything in tier 9 unfortunately.

"They know how to kill Shinigami's" is ridiculously unhelpful, we don't even know how strong those Shinigami were or how long they have fought, or what they could even do.

Lyndis, Nevermind the fact that she fought people who could fly, shoot mountains of projectiles in the form of arrows, people who can nullify magic with Nihil, people who were known as being able to slay entire army's on their own for days on end.

She fought for days on end while training with her friends, all of which combined, trump Ichigo's versatility.

I already amswered Stamina and Endurance, and I got no answer

"I like how having she's being more expirienced means she counted Ichigo's advantage"

But of course, this character defeats people with same or better abilities to the same degree as Ichigo and said expirience hard countering said abilities is basic logic.

And now that I say that I feel like an ass, have a GIF

Cheers_Gif.gif

Dat Dot said:
Asuming she has experience advantage.
Well, she fought Nergal, who has studied magic for over 500 years and is on par with Someone who has studied and trained with magic for 1000 years

Don't know why we're scaling experience from others, but alright, that's really not a game you want to play when it comes to FE

Well, she fought Nergal, who has studied magic for over 500 years and is on par with Someone who has studied and trained with magic for 1000 years

You know

I don't consider this impressive considering that it isn't really expirience

But she takes an even bigger advantage if we take that logic for Ichigo

Also Gargoyle, Nihil isn't in FE7 (and even if it was it doesn't exactly work like that nor would it effect Lyn, as she has no skills or magic), and she didn't exactly ever get the chance to fight army-slayers

About stamina, when Uryu using the hollows bait he has fought the hollows who is arrive in every corner of town, to get to uryu he traveled the quite distances its at chapter 40ish, finding the right scan can take a while, so be patient.

Endurance? Already give the scan above where Ichigo getting stabbed.

I concede Lyn has better experience then.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Also Gargoyle, Nihil isn't in FE7 (and even if it was it doesn't exactly work like that nor would it effect Lyn, as she has no skills or magic), and she didn't exactly ever get the chance to fight army-slayers

Wow my memory is shot

Does Substitute Shinigami Ichigo refer all the way to Renji fight? Cause he did fight Renji when limited to 20% of his powers, and Ichigo pushed Renji to the edge and was going to win without Byakuya's interference.

People arguing Ichigo has no experience have to be joking, Ichigo would have already been a Shinigami, hunting Hollowsa and saving Souls for a long time. He become a Substitute Shinigami in the middle of May and would have lost his Substitute Shinigami powers July 19th since he stopped his 10 days of training with Urahara on August 1st. Ichigo had 2 months of experience with his powers.

If that makes up for the experience gap then I'd vote Ichigo following Dat Dot's initial and follow up reasonings.

Even Dot admitted she has better expirience

And no one said he didn't have expirience so.

For stamina, I might actually have to upgrade Lyn, or at least quanitfy her stamina, by her having fought through the duration of multiple rainstorms, all of which were capable of slowing the party down, all in the same battle (this is early in the game, too, only being Chapter 10)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Ichigo seems to have the vetter abilities, so ubless the AP difference is really big, Ill say he wins
This vote, is ridiculously lazy, and doesn't cover anything about either character at all

Gargoyle One said:
Lyndis

So, lemme just get this out of the way, yes, Ichigo is more versatile, but that doesn't exactly give him the win when ultimately, the amount of opponents this form of Ichigo has fought don't compare to Lyndis.

Yes, Ichigo is very smart...For how long he's been fighting.

Issue is this form of Ichigo hasn't fought for a particularly long period. Lyndis has years of expirience over him, and has simultaneously trained and fought repeatedly with other members of the party, those with fircefields, ranged attacks etc.

Ichigo's range isn't particularly impressivd by comparison to what she has fought.

>Inb4 Ichigo fought Renji

There's literally zero notable characters aside from maybe Rukia that Renji is comparable too

Voting Lyndis, albeit in a hard fight.
There far more too it then him being inexperienced

Which, I didn't even say myself

The majority of your initial comment was about experience. You literally begin by comparing the amount of opponents faced, thus experience.

Ichigo still has versatility, enough experience and we're not even factoring Ichigo's martial arts training whiel growing up.

Also why do you disregard Renji? Renji of the Substitute Shinigami Arc is explicitly 20% of what he was doing with Shikai in the Soul Society Arc.

Comparing expirience=/=Saying someone is inexperienced though.

Ichigo's versatility<The casts versatility, as I already said.

Martial arts training is good, but compared to that of a trained soldier that's kinda meh.

I didn't.

>Comparing expirience=/=Saying someone is inexperienced though.

Agree.

>Ichigo's versatility<The casts versatility, as I already said.

And how does she perform against her cast in 1 on 1?

Also, Ichigo fought a Town Level+ character that was limited to 20% of their powers. Ichigo pushed him to the edge and was going to win. I would assume that puts him above Lyndis in terms of AP and Durability.

>Martial arts training is good, but compared to that of a trained soldier that's kinda meh.

Lyndis isn't a trained average day soldier though? Would Fire Emblem military training be better than modern day martial arts + Ichigo's experience through Rukia and hollow hunting?

<20% a town+ character

We legit discussed that in the thread for a CRT, this shouldn't be used as an argument until a CRT is brought up

No, I just described a typical soldier or bandit which, she kills in a daily basis

Anyway, I must sleep

To be very blunt, that "XX% of my power" is rarely ever something that is literal in fiction when it comes to destructive feats/AP.

Lyn should take this, as mentioned above, she has more combat experience. Ichigo may have fought Menos Grande, Grand Fissure, and a heavily restricted Reji, but that's just about it in this key. Lyn has dealt with foes with significantly better range than base Ichigo. Also, Lyn has been fighting multiple bandits who are on her level for a long time. Additionally, she's fought multiple Caelin soldiers and even some Black Fang assassins not too long after. She's even defeated highly trained generals such as Lundgren.

A year later, she's been fighting even more uphill battles against the Black Fang and went toe to toe with characters such as Limstella. Limstella has one shotted characters such as Sonia, Linus, and Lloyd, all of whom are among the strongest members of the Black Fang. Sonia in particular one shotted Brendan Reed. Not to mention, no one actually mentioned that Lyndis has a significant AP advantage. She scales to 5 Gigajoules as that's the AP of lightning as that's what every GBA Fire Emblem character scales to. Where as Menos Grande, Grand Fissure, and Ichigo are around baseline 8-C. Lyn is almost 5x stronger.

Grand Fissure also has been killing weaker Shinigami most of his life who could be less than 8-C, which really isn't a feat compared to Lyndis. Also, Ichigo is fairly ameteur in swordsmanship at this point. Lyndis on the other hand is exceptionally skilled at taking on entire armies all by herself.

As a side note, Ichigo also has a weakness against erotic women. Look at his reactions to Rangiku and Yoruichi. Lyn has an attire that might be disturbing for Ichigo. And her swordsmanship is unintentionally flirtatious. Eliwood and Lyn's B support conversation reveals an ability Lyn has. And even a gentleman like Eliwood admitted that he couldn't resist how beautiful her swordsmanship is. Given that Lyn's sides are uncovered, Ichigo might actually freak out and be too distracted to fight.

With all that said, JSW and Gargoyle have elaborated very well on the rest. My vote goes to Lyn.

Ichigo - 2 (Ricsi, Dat Dot)

Lyndis - 9 (Gargoyle, Kirby, Phoenix, Standuser, Therefir. Ant, Apies, JSW, Dark Dragon)

(I'm not exactly sure if IMade was voting for Ichigo, I will update if so.)

Hm. I they were still uncertain about that going by that statement, but the second half certainly implies a vote.

Ichigo - 3 (Ricsi, Dat Dot, IMade)

Lyndis - 9 (Gargoyle, Kirby, Phoenix, Standuser, Therefir. Ant, Apies, JSW, Dark Dragon)

Dargoo Faust said:
To be very blunt, that "XX% of my power" is rarely ever something that is literal in fiction when it comes to destructive feats/AP.
No it's a literal thing in Bleach. Lieutenants and Captains in Bleach receive a mark that limits them to 20% of their capabilities. It can only rescinded with permission. It pops up several times throughout Bleach and even now is an issue in the current novel.

Also, Renji had over 40 years of experience as a swordsman, having undergone his own official training at an academy and rising up to be a Lieutenant. Ichigo beat him, so he wasn't an amateur with a sword.

@Gargoyle

>We legit discussed that in the thread for a CRT, this shouldn't be used as an argument until a CRT is brought up

So we can't truly use Ichigo as he canonically was until a CRT is made? Then I guess he doesn't have the AP and Durability advantage since Renji was Town Level+ and Ichigo was able to defeat 20% Renji. If true that we can't use it then I must concede on that front.

No it's a literal thing in Bleach. Lieutenants and Captains in Bleach receive a mark that limits them to 20% of their capabilities. It can only rescinded with permission. It pops up several times throughout Bleach and even now is an issue in the current novel.

I mean, you're telling me why they restrict themselves/how it applies to the society, not how it translates to a literal statement.

For example, if someone like Izuku Midoriya was actually using 5% of his 100% potential, he'd be at High 8-C instead of 8-C in that key. I feel like this has been discussed before, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back