• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Psychopath Tournament: Raiden vs Psycho Mantis (2 MORE VOTES

Round 2 has begun!

Rules are the same as Round 1, Speed equalized, Both 8-B, and 10 meters apart.

yS_g3GU7pgjBr18a9Zo25emrY3ynVuA6jgiGAMajrFk.png
Street_Fighter_VS_logo.png
5a06f4513263510081baa4a681f43db5be7d2e5d_hq.jpg

The ugly barnacle: 5 (Chariot190, FantaRin_The_First, Veloxt1r0kore, Popted2, GlaceonGamez471

Blonde:

A fish ******* murders them: 0​

Last edited:
Ok so, this is wacky.
An important thing to note is that Raiden, knows about Mantis, knows what he can do and how he acts in a fight and so on, Raiden did multiple simulations of the Shadow Moses Incident, he knows about Mantis and technically has "experience" fighting and defeating him.
So that would imply he'd win? Yes but technically no.
It's important that while it was simulated, he was playing the role of Snake, he had access to what Snake did, which he doesn't have here.
Mantis could read and WILL read his mind, and thus know that Raiden has experience with him and knows how to win, so Mantis can work around that anyway.

The main issue with this is that, the way Snake managed to defeat Mantis, Raiden technically doesn't have.
Raiden lacks every ability or method that Snake was forced to use to defeat Mantis because everything else was completely useless. As it stands there's nothing on Raiden's profile that enables him to even land a hit on Mantis, beyond maybe a few stray shots like Venom sometimes pulled off (which he did via perception manip).

In context, Raiden, should, in theory, be able to overcome Mantis and defeat him with difficulty, but that's in universe, we can't say for sure if Raiden can empty his mind o̵r̵ ̵s̵w̵i̵t̵c̵h̵ ̵c̵o̵n̵t̵r̵o̵l̵l̵e̵r̵ ̵p̵o̵r̵t̵s̵ ̵ like Solid could, and without that, his only method of defeating Mantis is to make him see himself (as in, make Mantis see his ownn face), which he would be well aware of as being a weakness to Mantis, but that begs the issue, how in the actual **** is he gonna do that?
Snake could do that because there was statues of Mantis' face in the area that he destroyed to reveal the faces, for some stupid reason, that isn't the case for this match given it doesn't take place in a specific room on a random island in alaska, meaning Raiden would need to destroy his mask and have him see some sort of reflection which yeah he could likely pull off the reflection thing but the mask part? That's the whole sisue to begin with, even hitting the dude enough to land lethal damage (Which may as well be impossible as Mantis is gonna know all his moves and can avoid them).

honestly, I kind of want to vote Inconclusive, Peak MG2 Raiden knows how to beat Mantis and probably could in context, but by wiki standards we can't really say "yeah man Raiden could win because of this and that" when he doesn't actually have this and that that would enable him to win as it hasn't actually been shown in verse, even if he might have it or can maybe learn to.

By wiki standards, Mantis mind reads his every move, avoids everything, and just TK's and psychokinetically wears him down to death.
In universe, he probably just does what Snake did and does cool 4th wall or ultra instinct shit to gun Mantis down or bomb him to death or whatever else he can do with the small military arsenal and skills that he has.

So I wanna vote incon but if I HAVE to vote, Ill vote Mantis due to Raiden lacking the needed resistances that he'd need to get past Mantis with his toolkit he has access to f̵o̵r̵ ̵n̵o̵w̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵w̵a̵y̵

Also speed probably doesn't need to be equalized t̵h̵e̵y̵ ̵s̵c̵a̵l̵e̵ ̵o̵f̵f̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵s̵a̵m̵e̵ ̵s̵h̵i̵t̵ ̵a̵t̵m̵ ̵

anyways, if you go incon, one of you pick a coin side and I flip a coin, and whoever's side it lands on is eliminated.

I wanna do incon but if I have to vote I'll vote Mantis due to the aforementioned reasons of Raiden's profile lacks the shit he'd need to win.

Back