• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Kid Goku upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check our Multiplier standards. We can't reason out multipliers from things like that.
I keep looking at it and I just keep getting confused and worry that my intelligence is getting attacked, let's say we were able to (somehow) count all the 300 punches All Might made on Nomu on these panels and then he said "In my heyday, 5 of those punches would've been enough," would that invalidate the 60x multiplier?

I keep looking at it and I just keep getting confused and worry that my intelligence is getting attacked, let's say we were able to (somehow) count all the 300 punches All Might made on Nomu on these panels and then he said "In my heyday, 5 of those punches would've been enough," would that invalidate the 60x multiplier?

I don't see the point of getting into My Hero Academia's multiplier here.

I don't see the point of getting into My Hero Academia's multiplier here.
It's really a rather similar case between the two, like how it would take All Might 5 punches in his prime but 300 punches in his weakened state, it took Tao one strike to overpower a pre-training Goku, but it took at least 6 strikes to get a post-training Goku to say that it hurt. So a 60x multiplier for All Might and an at least 6x multiplier for Goku. Is it that hard to see here?

It's really a rather similar case between the two, like how it would take All Might 5 punches in his prime but 300 punches in his weakened state, it took Tao one strike to overpower a pre-training Goku, but it took at least 6 strikes to get a post-training Goku to say that it hurt. So a 60x multiplier for All Might and an at least 6x multiplier for Goku. Is it that hard to see here?
Punches irl just don't work like that, and with a guide book directly addressing a 2x multiplier here, I don't see why we should continue this

a guy irl who's 2x that of a regular person can take out a regular person with just a punch in the face, but anyone on his level of physicalities can tank way more than just two punches from him

Dragon Ball isn't irl though
Like all verses, it goes by the rules of regular physics except certain things that get contradicted, this really specific thing you're proposing that could work is just make believe
and if we can use punches to justify the multiplier for one verse, I don't see why we can't do the same for another
Then the mha one is just flawed as well, actually use an example in Dragon Ball for your arguments

Is this a multiply we currently use? Or is it one that goes against the multiplier page?

And again, the guidebooks straight up debunk what you are proposing
Generally explicit feats > statements, and seeing that Goku taking at least 6 strikes from Tao in quick is a much more substaintial feat for how much stronger Goku had gotten than just going by guidebooks saying "doubles your power".

And I'm kindly asking that we please don't have any double standards here, I could read the Multipliers page a hundred times, and I'd still be no closer to understanding what its official sounding gobbledygook it's trying to say to me, like does it have to be a statement? I use the All Might example because like with Goku and Tao it involves strikes, and if we were able to count the 300 strikes All Might made on Nomu over All Might simply stating it was 300 strikes would that mean that the 60 times multiplier is invalid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back