• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlord775 said:
yes, but can't only people that can sense magic even see the death bubble ?

because i don't think anyone in this bracket can do that
Yes, but everybody in this bracket can see Vile stand still and concentrate and think "hmmm, maybe a good time to attack"

Rocker1189 said:
maokai could possibly resist it via getting his life force from a spring of life allowing him to resist death manipulation all together.
It's not death manipulation

Dargoo Faust said:
Tekken doesn't have any 7-B calcs from what I'm aware of; Kaz gets his tier from causing an eruption.

So I guess baseline.
And Kaz is a purely martial arts fighter? Any special ranged attacks?

My point is that Maokai life is most likely tied to the water meaning as long as it is with him he likely stays alive vi using it as his lifeforce.

Monarch Laciel said:
That's hardly all of Vile's known battles.
He's never said to have used it during the war. During every story we got of him fighting in the war, he never used it. When they went to the other world, the Vile there didn't use it against all the people he was killing.
Parallel world Vile was curbstomping people IIRC and what we know from the war battles is hardly detailed enough to actually know whether or not he was using it, as far as I am aware. I'm not even sure if we have heard anything detailed of more than 1 of those war battles.

Monarch Laciel said:
I have never said that it is out of character for Vile to use soul hax. People keep putting words in my mouth.

I've said that the fights he hasn't used it far outweigh the fights that he has and so him doing so here is unlikely.
That's the same thing. Either it's OOC for him or it's in character. If it's in character he will use it in an in character battle, like this one, if necessary.

And as said above, in basically all fights he didn't use it he had no reason to use it. Vile is neither nice nor stupid enough to not make use of his tools if they would give him the win.

Monarch Laciel said:
Yes, but everybody in this bracket can see Vile stand still and concentrate and think "hmmm, maybe a good time to attack"
Doubt that one can see him concentrate. That guy doesn't show a whole lot of expressions. If you think it's fair to have a one shot hax, as long as it can be disrupted by the opponent via giving him a strong hit, based on a hunch, before he uses it, then sure keep him.

You can curbstomp people just as easily by ripping out their souls, yet Parallel Vile chose to kill people with shadows instead. And the war battles Vile participated in that we do hear about, he never used it.

It's not quite the same thing. Simply making it boil down to "does he do it in-character or not" ignores the fact that while he's got nothing against doing it, he's a lot more likely to just go with his standard abilities.

He needs to stand still, stop attacking or defending with shadows, and concentrate to expand the bubble out and catch his opponent, and it doesn't expand that fast. That's pretty clearly an opportunity for the enemy. Also, I'm pretty sure that most people in this fight aren't baseline which makes them stronger than him and quite capable of giving him that strong hit. Others have range to abuse and hit him from outside the bubble before he can expand it to its theoretical limit. So plenty of people can easily counter it even if they don't resist soul hax.

You can't say with any certainty that he didn't use it, since he actually needs practice to be able to fully use his Necromancy (even with his immense potential).

As for concentrating, he was able to do so just fine against Sean, someone in his weight class, after knocking away Doran, so it's not like it's super hard to focus and pull off.

should have manipulated the matchups to put Vile against Corrin first so the soulhax debate would have at least been staved off to the second set of rounds

So,do we have a consensus yet? I think I'd just like a Yes/No on whether Vile is fair in a hax lite bracket from Regis (I'm already aware Monarch is on yes and DontTalk is on no).

Monarch Laciel said:
And Kaz is a purely martial arts fighter? Any special ranged attacks?
Sort of, although he has ranged laser attacks and electrical attacks. In this form he can also fly in combination with these, so he isn't a slouch in ranged. He's mastered a number of martial arts as well so he'd be tough to deal with in close range for Vile.

Can we get a vote count for this match? I think most everyone was leaning towards Vile and there's already an abundance of reasons for him winning even without the Death Bubble.

Vile - 5 (Monarch, Dragon, DontTalk, Overlord, Jacky)

Kazuya -

Vile - 7 (Monarch, Dragon, DontTalk, Overlord, Jacky, Rot SSBXeno)

Kazuya -

Alright, next round will be up shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back