• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Fourteenth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Anne Mayer.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Kazuya Mishima, nominated by Xanxussama1010, and Lord Vile, submitted by Monarch Laciel.

Accelerator Boosted Lord Vile and True Devil Kazuya are used. Speed is Equalized, battle takes place in this arena, 20m apart.

Vile gets 7-B from a statement of casually disintegrating a city, Kazuya gets 7-B from causing a volcano to erupt.

NOTE: If Vile wins this through the Death Bubble he's getting disqualified, I let him in on the assumption it's OOC.

Lord Vile -

Kazuya Mishima -

Incon -

Vile's only hax is his Death Bubble, which Monarch insists is OOC.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Marksma, Skilled Fighter, Immortality (Types 2 and 7), Regenerationn (High-Mid, needs to manually reattach or replace the removed body parts), Enhanced Senses, can manifest a pseudo-flesh over his face to hide his skull, can control others with their given name, Power Nullification, Resistance to Magic (via enhanced clothing), Pain Manipulation and Death Manipulation (Serpine's red right hand was unable to affect him), Telepathy and Mind Manipulation and Possession, Shadow Manipulation, limited Resistance Negation via Necromancy, Teleportation, Soul Extraction and Absorption, Limited Adaptation, Necromancy, Limited Extrasensory Perception, Resistance to Telekinesis and Magic, improved Resistance to Soul Manipulation

These (I believe) are all his powers here. And he doesn't use the soul abilities in-character.

Edit: Made the resistances italic

The stuff I posted? It's all his abilities that he has in his 7-B key. I took out elemental manipulation

IDK if the mind manipulation is a resistance, although even if Vile has offensive mindhax Kazuma resists it.

None of Kazuma's abilities are magic-based from what I'm aware of, so Vile shouldn't resist, and the regen seems very limited if limbs need to be manually reattached.

So we're to assume both are roughly baseline or, in Vile's case, casually (therefore unquantifiably) above Baseline, yes?

I guess?

An volcanic eruption should generally be above baseline, though.

I can see Vile win this match without the death bubble. It's not out of character for him to use it, though.

I don't mean to imply that he uses it right away, but he will use it if things get difficult.

To make the point, let's look at Vile's fights (I hope I didn't forget one):

1. vs Melancholia St. Clair: Vile curbstomps her within seconds without having to use the technique. In the first place it is questionable whether it would work, given that Melancholia, the second most powerful Necromancer, couldn't use the technique against him either.

2. vs Darquesse: Vile saw Darquesse resist the death bubble 3 seconds before their fight started. So he really has no reason to use it.

3. vs Doran, Kitana and Sean: Powerful opponents, but not smart enough to resist the technique. In this fight he used the Death Bubble.

4. vs vastly more powerful Darquesse: Yeah... he knew that the weaker version resists the technique, so he hardly has a reason to try it against the much stronger one. Also he kinda had to keep up a continous assault on her, as at the smallest chance she could have killed him at that point.

So in conclusion:

-Vile used the technique in 25% of all his known battles.

-Vile used the technique in 50% of all battles in which the opponent possibly wouldn't have resisted the technique.

-Vile used the technique in 100% of all battles from which we know that the opponent wouldn't have resisted.

-Vile used the technique in 100% of all battles in which the technique could have worked, as far as he knew, and he could not curbstomp his opponent without using it.

So, I would say it's not out of character for him to use the technique.

I agree, I never got the impression that Vile was adverse to using it, he was just not stupid enought to attempt it when he knows it wont work.

If that is true, I Vile should probably be disqualified, however I will wait for a response from Monarch.

That's hardly all of Vile's known battles.

He's never said to have used it during the war. During every story we got of him fighting in the war, he never used it. When they went to the other world, the Vile there didn't use it against all the people he was killing.

Vile both has and resists mind manipulation, however it's out of character for him to use mind manipulation in a fight, and it requires him to know his opponent's name and for them to not have a pseudonym.

I like how everone agrees that Vile beats Kazuya but the thread has turned into a debate if Vile is even valid for the bracket.

So

I really don't want the brackets to die out because we couldn't decide if a character is too haxxed or not. People outside of Monarch/DontTalk, give a third party opinion; if more people think Vile shouldn't be in the brackets I'll take him out.

TBH I don't think enough people outside me and DT know SP.

Maybe RegisNex? I think he knows the series.

He's willing to when he knows/can confirm that he can use it without it being resisted. He generally goes for his shadows first, but will adapt to circumstances like against Darquesse or Kitana's gang.

It's not like the death bubble is guaranteed as if he's hit by an attack it stops. He prefers quick solutions that most sorcerers in the SP can't resist, like a swarm of shadows stabbing squishy people.

So

Should I keep or remove him from a braket where very few people resist it?

Overlord775 said:
The responce is mixed

Monarch says it's not

DontTalk say it is
I have never said that it is out of character for Vile to use soul hax. People keep putting words in my mouth.

I've said that the fights he hasn't used it far outweigh the fights that he has and so him doing so here is unlikely.

No partecipant in the tunament resists the death bubble

it's planetary soul hax

I believe Corrin would have resisted it via not needing a soul to begin with.

Overlord775 said:
No partecipant in the tunament resists the death bubble

it's planetary soul hax
possibly planetary soul hax, not even confirmed, not even implied, just made a possibility by what information we have about the death bringer.

And like Regis said. You can stop it by hitting him with an attack when he starts concentrating to use it.

If it can be disrupted that easily I see no reason to remove him.

Although I'm pretty sure Vile wins regardless here; I just need some votes to close this out and put up the next round.

RegisNex1232 said:
It's not like the death bubble is guaranteed as if he's hit by an attack it stops. He prefers quick solutions that most sorcerers in the SP can't resist, like a swarm of shadows stabbing squishy people.
yes, but can't only people that can sense magic even see the death bubble ?

because i don't think anyone in this bracket can do that

Monarch Laciel said:
Does Kaz have higher AP?
Tekken doesn't have any 7-B calcs from what I'm aware of; Kaz gets his tier from causing an eruption.

So I guess baseline.

maokai could possibly resist it via getting his life force from a spring of life allowing him to resist death manipulation all together.

Dargoo Faust said:
So

I really don't want the brackets to die out because we couldn't decide if a character is too haxxed or not. People outside of Monarch/DontTalk, give a third party opinion; if more people think Vile shouldn't be in the brackets I'll take him out.
I think that Vile should remain. The Death Bubble has never really been the deciding factor in any of his fights, and against powerful foes, he tends to not back off to use that technique as it takes a moment to charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back