• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That is probably correct, yes.

In fairness, he was just keeping together the energy leaking from the armor. It's not like all the energy came out at once.

Firestorm808 said:
If you would like to propose a higher rating unders specific eras or conditions, I would recommend assisting me in documenting and analysing the various Superman feats for my timeline to see if such a consistancy shows.
Your timeline is what I'm going by. You have three feats for boomtube amped Post-Crisis that are at 2-C.

I'll help with sun-dipped, You have Superman pushing against Warworld as 5-B, but this should be somewhere in tier 3. After a couple minutes of being sundipped he pushes Warworld back in time (he doesn't create the portal back nor is it a boomtube amp as Darkseid says that technology has been ravaged) to within a moment after the Big Bang. Here he tanks essentially universal levels of gravity, temperature and pressure associated with a time close to the Planck second.

I would also say that The Thought Robot / Cosmic Armor should simply be an additional variation on Post-Crisis because Morrison folds Superman Beyond into the main continuity with Final Crisis. With the caveat of course that this isn't Superman's body but his mind and will powering/directing the body of pure thought (Ultraman's will/mind is subsumed by Superman's hence the visual form we see).

Darkseid and 5 others use their powers to create a temporal Boom Tube.

Superman brings Warworld to a slice of frozen time. An infinitesimal fraction of a microsecond after the big bang. The energy of the original big bang hadn't touched either of them during that frozen moment.

After a couple minutes of being sundipped he pushes Warworld back in time (he doesn't create the portal back nor is it a boomtube amp as Darkseid says that technology has been ravaged) to within a moment after the Big Bang. Here he tanks essentially universal levels of gravity, temperature and pressure associated with a time close to the Planck second.

What? While Darkseid did say the tech was ravaged, in the same sentence he said that all he needed was a magical focusing lens in order to get the job done, which the JL provided.

Firestorm808 said:
Darkseid and 5 others use their powers to create a temporal Boom Tube.
Superman brings Warworld to a slice of frozen time. An infinitesimal fraction of a microsecond after the big bang. The energy of the original big bang hadn't touched either of them during that frozen moment.
Time being frozen doesn't prevent gravity, temperature and pressure from existing, which in the "infintesimal fraction of a microsend after the big bag" as you put it are mind-bogglingly gargantuan forces -- especially when you consider how much larger in volume the DC universe is than the real one. And in this case you're saying that it shows Superman can move while time is frozen?

@Qawsedf - my mistake, glanced at it and misread ravished for ravaged. In either case, this is yet another feat performed while under the effects of an amp. And again this is why I think it'd be prudent to have a section on the page for his tier under amps like there is for Post-Flashpoint and Pre-Crisis. Including Cosmic Armor since it is part of the main Post-Crisis continuity.

I wouldn't call that an amp. Boom tubes only adjust sizes when you go from the third world to the fourth world. In this case Superman just went further back in time within the third world.

@Qawsedf

So what needs to be done here?

It's just another thread about Tier 2/1 base Post-Crisis Superman. So I don't see any5hing that needs the be changed outside of someone making a thread about a boomtube statistic .

Okay, so we can close this then?

Back