• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, now, it's litterally a matter of AP.

Both have a large range with their flames with the exception that Avdol has way higher versatility, he can freely control his flames in any and all directions and don't follow the laws of physics as stated himself. As well as Avdol not having any cool down which Blaze has after only 3 attacks. Avdol not only has zero cooldown but he can attack physically on top of flame manip at the same time. Honestly Magician's Red is better than Blaze in all ways that I can think especially due to it's invisibility and intangibility. Only thing Blaze can do is harm Avdol but even that's questionable, not withstanding it getting nuked by like a dozen or so crossfire hurricanes early on.

Seems a tad lopsided to me but oh well.

Chariot190 said:
Ok, now, it's litterally a matter of AP.

Both have a large range with their flames with the exception that Avdol has way higher versatility, he can freely control his flames in any and all directions and don't follow the laws of physics as stated himself. As well as Avdol not having any cool down which Blaze has after only 3 attacks. Avdol not only has zero cooldown but he can attack physically on top of flame manip at the same time. Honestly Magician's Red is better than Blaze in all ways that I can think especially due to it's invisibility and intangibility. Only thing Blaze can do is harm Avdol but even that's questionable, not withstanding it getting nuked by like a dozen or so crossfire hurricanes early on.

Seems a tad lopsided to me but oh well.
You'd be surprised. There was a thread just recently between Yujiro Hanma and Minecraft Steve, and there was one guy that, despite there being a 30+ kiloton difference in AP, kept fervently arguing for Steve. Steve still lost, but that might not be the case this time

EmperorDoom25 said:
Blazer's only advantage here is Flight it seems...

Also, isn't he immune to fire or something?
Not that I've seen. Profile says fire manip, but no resistance

He litterally doesn't have anything over Avdol, not even flight technically, Magician's Red can fly (any humanoid Stand can fly within it's User's effective range, Avdol himself can't though).

Saying that might not be the case while true, from what is on the profiles it is the case. It has a huge disadvantage in versatility, has a weakness Avdol doesn't have, it's method of attack can be negged, can be physically overpowered, etc It has flight but nothing is stopping Magician's Red from attacking in the air with homing attacks or float towards it itself.

BakiHanma18 said:
EmperorDoom25 said:
Blazer's only advantage here is Flight it seems...

Also, isn't he immune to fire or something?
If you mean Avdol, it's in the description for his stand.

If you mean Avdol, it's in the description for his stand.

Could you link that? (couldn't find it when I was discussing Portgas D. Ace vs Avdol with a friend)

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Magician's Red: Magician's Red is a humanoid Stand with the body of a red bird. It is capable of using melee attacks, but its more preferred to use its ability or its ability mixed with melee attacks. Since its body is composed of flames, any fire attacks put onto Magician's Red will have no effect.

Chariot190 said:
Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Magician's Red: Magician's Red is a humanoid Stand with the body of a red bird. It is capable of using melee attacks, but its more preferred to use its ability or its ability mixed with melee attacks. Since its body is composed of flames, any fire attacks put onto Magician's Red will have no effect.
Thx

Pretty sure Magician's Red can control flames that aren't his too, unsure of that though.

Avdol takes this. MR's fire is supernatural, being invisible to non-Stand users, so I don't think Aang can control it. Any fire in the vicinity that MR decides to interact with also comes under his control, so Aang's firebending isn't a good idea. Avdol can deal with air and water bending using fire barriers whose heat he can crank up as required. Earth bending may be an issue but I think Aang uses it least iirc.

Folow that up with attacks Aang won't be blocking due to invisibility and Red Bind burning away the oxygen around him making him suffocate and Avdol takes it mid-diff.

>Earth bending

For what it's worth, Avdol has shown to be able to vaporize concrete, rock, granite, clay and dirt.

I say that because unlike the other types, some applications of earth bending manifest directly on the opponent, which would one-shot Avdol.

One shot? How high is Aang into the ap. Avdol is at least comparable to Old Joseph, Kak and Pol (only Crusader not shown to spit up blood when Strength was crushing the cast).

Hell his lowest durability feat of note is having a truck slammed on him and him dusting himself off fine and going to go eat breakfast like ten seconds later.

Yo wtf. Even if we dont scale him to the crusaders despite that.

That alone is above 10-A.

Uh, having a truck magnetically slam on you is a durability feat my dude.

And it aint lifting either, he didn't lift it.

Well it doesn't matter, it ain't like you voted for Aang via earth manip. But it should be changed, may have to make a thread later upgrading durability and ap (ap only to street though).

Avdol FRA. For a moment I thought aang was gonna win but avdol has this via red bind, and total fire manipulation. However I think aang has a small chance however.

Avdol hard stomps. Aang shouldn't even be able to percieve Magician's Red because he isn't a Stand user. Therefore he couldn't react to any of its attacks, and Avdol gets an automatic win off the bat. Avdol also has probably quite a bit more AP as well as durability.

Things aren't looking good for Aang, hope someone hops in here from his community and presents a good argument

Btw for those wondering about win conditions for Aang: Air shield, with air blasts could potentially do some serious damage, seeing as air attacks might be difficult to perceive or react to if you aren't expecting it. Another win condition is the use of water style in a similar manner

Hmm. I haven't seen it in years but couldn't Avdol burn the air? I mean he can casually vaporize oxygen, don't knw if that translates though.

Water would work though.

Chariot190 said:
Hmm. I haven't seen it in years but couldn't Avdol burn the air? I mean he can casually vaporize oxygen, don't knw if that translates though.

Water would work though.
Oh for sure, I think Avdol could counter both conditions (burn all his oxygen within the air bubble, boil his water shield) but I do think both have a chance of working

The water would work. While Avdol can vaporize and boil water with little effort, his fire is weak to it too. Goes both ways somehow.

Chariot190 said:
The water would work. While Avdol can vaporize and boil water with little effort, his fire is weak to it too. Goes both ways somehow.
Ahhh so Aang's Shield would be damaging him, but Avdol would be weak to any offensive water moves

indestructible planet

i know this sounds weird but would aang be able to shift the rock on the planet if it is indestructible

it cannot break it is stuck in one big bit of planet so would he be able to earth manip

and does the planet have water? if not then the only things left for aang is air and fire manip

which is really terrible for him in this fight

Back