• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5-C No Watch Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things that could easily be outliers doesn't at all justify Tier 5 for regular humans

I'd understand like, 9-B for instance, but 5-C? Yeah no

If he wasn't on that level then Vilgax would have

1. Not been moved at all by his kick
2. Viewed him as moving in slow motion since he's MFTL+ (Eon too)

You definitely need more to suggest that suddenly all regular humans in Ben 10 are 5-C - especially when the context of the setting very much indicates they're just regular guys. Like, I'd understand a Tier 9 upgrade to some degree since that tends to happen with fictional "regular" humans, but 5-C? Definitely not.

I'm pretty much entirely with Firestorm on this matter

I thought I had a big enough stamp of disapproval for official purposes. Turns out I do not. I'll be ordering a bigger one shortly.

In any case, this thread is bordering on Fun And Games, so you can count me for disagree.

Not when we're taking these two little things and giving them more importance than the overall context of these people being regular humans for... reasons, I guess. Like, no, I'm not buying into that

Me when a single word suddenly means "argument from incredulity" lol

A couple of dismissible things should not outweigh the context given to us

Me when a single word suddenly means "argument from incredulity" lol

A couple of dismissible things should not outweigh the context given to us
There is literally no difference between Ben being a normal human who's 9-B and one who's 5-C. If you said "A normal human shouldn't be anything higher than 10-B so 5-C is outlandish", I'd probably still find issue because normal doesn't necessarily mean in real life, maybe 5-C is normal for humans in that verse but I would still see your point. However you just stated that despite being normal humans, 9-B would be understandable. I don't see what context you have to say 9-B regular humans is reasonable but 5-C is outlandish. That's textbook argument from incredulity. Regardless as I said, I was joking so I'll stop derailing the thread now.

There is literally no difference between Ben being a normal human who's 9-B and one who's 5-C.
Can't wait for Montgomery Gator vs Prime Whiteboard let's gooooo!

In all seriousness, it's a massive difference. Like, literally in the quadrillions of difference as far as power. It's a lot easier for an audience and writers to accept someone jumping through a wall and still being "human", versus a guy blowing up the moon and trying to say that he's a "normal guy".

all seriousness, it's a massive difference. Like, literally in the quadrillions of difference as far as power. It's a lot easier for an audience and writers to accept someone jumping through a wall and still being "human", versus a guy blowing up the moon and trying to say that he's a "normal guy".
Flashback to that scene from Aqua Teen Hunger Force where the random shopkeeper blows up the moon with a rocket launcher because he was tired of it being there.

I also disagree with this. Vilgax seemed to be badly damaged before Ben kicked him, and Ben doesn't necessarily need Moon level AP to knock his body back.

For reference, the staff vote tally right now is:

Agree: Propellus
Disagree: Firestorm808
, Crabwhale, Damage3245
Neutral:

This CRT is technically outdated considering Ben 10 was already upgraded to 5-A from 5-C not too long ago. So not too sure I agree with this anymore

This CRT is technically outdated considering Ben 10 was already upgraded to 5-A from 5-C not too long ago. So not too sure I agree with this anymore
In that case, I'd say the thread's been... pretty thoroughly rejected. Would it be good to close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back