• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4 Naruto questions

Why are the TSOs considered Matter Manipulation and Existence Erasure? How does a technique manipulate matter while erasing it from existence?

And why are they considered Power Nullification as well? I know it's for being able to erase jutsu, but shouldn't that just fall under Existence Erasure? At least that how Toppo's Destruction Energy was treated, which makes sense.

Why is the Rasenshuriken considered Durability Negation? It targets the cells, but that's not prove of it ignoring/negating the outer layer. Or is there a statement that says it does that I'm not aware of?

Is the Substitution Jutsu considered any type of ability on this site?

Why are the TSOs considered Matter Manipulation and Existence Erasure? How does a technique manipulate matter while erasing it from existence?

And why are they considered Power Nullification as well? I know it's for being able to erase jutsu, but shouldn't that just fall under Existence Erasure? At least that how Toppo's Destruction Energy was treated, which makes sense.

Why is the Rasenshuriken considered Durability Negation? It targets the cells, but that's not prove of it ignoring/negating the outer layer. Or is there a statement that says it does that I'm not aware of?

Weaker varients of TSOs are above Particle style and don't have EE
They erase jutsu which includes effects of them like edo tensei
Targeting the cells is enough

Why are the TSOs considered Matter Manipulation and Existence Erasure?
The ordinary Truth-Seeking Orb was compared to, if not outright stated to be superior to the Particle Style, which is Matter Destruction on a molecular level. The Existence Erasure comes from the Yin-Yang application, which can erase Edo Tensei from existence.
Yeah, I don't get that either. Although, I guess it's because the Truth-Seeking Orbs, specifically those with a Yin-Yang application, can outright negate the regeneration of the Edo Tensei—Regeneration Negation is an application of Power Nullification. The erasing ninjutsu thing is just the cherry on top, I suppose.
Why is the Rasenshuriken considered Durability Negation? It targets the cells, but that's not prove of it ignoring/negating the outer layer.
The Rasenshuriken sends an innumerable amount of microscopic wind blades into the target's body, attacking their cells and severing their Keirakukei. Because of how tiny these blades are, they seamlessly escape into the target's body, which is where the Durability Negation comes from.

It's kind of like a virus.
I don't think anybody knows what the Substitution Jutsu is, both within and outside the Wiki. To my knowledge, it has never been explained in the manga, or the databooks, or any interviews, so I just assume people left it as that; basically, if we don't know what it is, we can't exactly index it.

The ordinary Truth-Seeking Orb was compared to, if not outright stated to be superior to the Particle Style, which is Matter Destruction on a molecular level. The Existence Erasure comes from the Yin-Yang application, which can erase Edo Tensei from existence.
I guess that makes sense. Do you have a scan of the explanation for this?
Yeah, I don't get that either. Although, I guess it's because the Truth-Seeking Orbs, specifically those with a Yin-Yang application, can outright negate the regeneration of the Edo Tensei—Regeneration Negation is an application of Power Nullification. The erasing ninjutsu thing is just the cherry on top, I suppose.
Yeah Regeneration Negation definitely falls under Power Nullification. I just found it odd that being able to erase jutsu was mentioned as one of the justifications.
The Rasenshuriken sends an innumerable amount of microscopic wind blades into the target's body, attacking their cells and severing their Keirakukei. Because of how tiny these blades are, they seamlessly escape into the target's body, which is where the Durability Negation comes from.

It's kind of like a virus.
Small blades would still have to go through the outer layer though. I think they even showed this in an example in the manga.
I don't think anybody knows what the Substitution Jutsu is, both within and outside the Wiki. To my knowledge, it has never been explained in the manga, or the databooks, or any interviews, so I just assume people left it as that; basically, if we don't know what it is, we can't exactly index it.
That's too bad. I feel like it's a pretty good ability too. Thanks for the answer.

I guess that makes sense. Do you have a scan of the explanation for this?
"He's solid as well as swift... Plus he has an attack that turns all to dust in an instant. It's similar to Ohnoki's Particle Style, but its shape is fluid..."

"Fourth, try not to get seriously wounded any more. Even though you've got an Edotensei body. I suspect this guy is using jutsu based on Shadow and Light Styles* that null all ninjutsu! In short, even with an Edotensei body, if he gets you... you won't be able to regenerate... and can even die!"
* Shadow and Light Style are the name given to Yin and Yang Release in the Viz translations, respectively.
Small blades would still have to go through the outer layer though. I think they even showed this in an example in the manga.
Tsunade describes the effects as more of a poison; however, yes, the blades are shown entering through the skin in the example. I'm not too knowledgeable on how some powers work, but I'm pretty sure attacking the individual cells alone counts as Durability Negation, at least for the aftereffects, rather than the blast itself.
That's too bad. I feel like it's a pretty good ability too. Thanks for the answer.
Actually, I looked into it, and the Substitution Jutsu is just Afterimage Creation.

Thanks.
Tsunade describes the effects as more of a poison; however, yes, the blades are shown entering through the skin in the example. I'm not too knowledgeable on how some powers work, but I'm pretty sure attacking the individual cells alone counts as Durability Negation, at least for the aftereffects, rather than the blast itself.
Maybe, though that'd be pretty weird imo.
Actually, I looked into it, and the Substitution Jutsu is just Afterimage Creation.
Really? I would've expected it to be teleportation before anything else.

Really? I would've expected it to be teleportation before anything else.
Oh yeah. The trick is to escape from the attack and swap out with the object the moment it lands, which creates the illusion that you were hit. It requires a lot of speed and skill, and hopefully, you will have a tree branch to hop onto, or a rock to hide behind.

Oh yeah. The trick is to escape from the attack and swap out with the object the moment it lands, which creates the illusion that you were hit. It requires a lot of speed and skill, and hopefully, you will have a tree branch to hop onto, or a rock to hide behind.
but how in the hell the rock/tree branch suddenly appears?

Back