• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-B wolverine wtf ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that page should be fix because wolverine does not have 4-B attack potency.
What we should do is erase that key and give him the ignore conventional durability explanation that we have on other character.

I'm not knowledgeable on the marvel comics but the 4-B key only applies for his claws. On his own, he's just 8-C. And I don't see how his claws negate durability

I belive Zark is still working on her Marvel comics revisions; not sure how Adamantium is being effected. But at the moment, it's only his adamantium skeleton and claws that are rated the way they are; not his flesh and blood or the amount of force he can output.

I'm not knowledgeable on the marvel comics but the 4-B key only applies for his claws. On his own, he's just 8-C. And I don't see how his claws negate durability
Well it is just the closed tag we got right now on how to describe it.
What i mean it he is just 8-C and it is thank to his claw that he could harm 4-B opponent.
the striking power behind his claw is 8-B so he should just be 8-B.
The claw should be more of a hax rather then AP

How is it hax? It's a physical object. The profile also very clearly says "4-B with Adamantium claws". His claws don't scale to his physicals. And his striking strength isn't 8-B

Adamantium is basically an abnormally hard, tough, heat resistant, and sharp supermetal. And while it may have mystical properties, that's still pointing more towards it being raw AP via cutting prowess rather than "Durability negation."

If they were hax we would be claiming they can harm anyone with higher tiers than 4-B, which is unproven. They're not shown like a hax that can either work or be resisted, it's just a physical action.

How about we just put it in the notable technique/ability instead of the AP section of his profile ?

If they were hax we would be claiming they can harm anyone with higher tiers than 4-B, which is unproven. They're not shown like a hax that can either work or be resisted, it's just a physical action.
That is correct, yes.

We keep getting negative reactions to our tiering of Wolverine, but this particular issue genuinely isn't our fault. It is just Marvel itself systematically using idiotic nonsense matchups to the degree that that we unfortunately have to acknowledge them.

Durability negation by definition basically means even a 10-C attack could still theoretically harm a character with High 3-A durability or possibly even far above that so as long as other contexts are met. And there's also no such thing as "It just negates durability but no explanation for why" as it's typically attacks that make use of spatial manipulation that would be solid durability negation. Or in some cases, poison also does, but all Adamantium is is just a extremely hard, tough, sharp, supermetal and thus still qualifies as its own tier via being made of Adamantium.

Though, I vaguely recall Adamantium might be downgraded to 5-A or so, but I will need to check with Zark to confirm this.

I would give Wolverine's case a pass, since he has solid feats that put his claws up there.
He's stabbed some of the most durable people in comics (Hulk on many occasions). He has the hardest metal in the Marvel world and it's razor sharp.
He has so many durability feats (Exhibit A, B, C, D, and E) too that it's not even funny. We get a clear separation for his physicals and his adamantium.

Saying it's dura negation out of nowhere with no backing is just being bitter (no disrespect to you, just saying). He has clear feats that put him up there, even if it doesn't make sense (I agree, it's stupid, but he still has consistent feats).

I'd say it's not dura negation because Wolverine has failed to cut through things like Mjolnir, a Morlock, and Cap's shield.

So if he gets a downgrade for other reasons, it's fine, but saying he should get a downgrade for no good reason except "It shouldn't be that high" isn't fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back