• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Mom vs. Whitebeard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be unpopular but . . . .

BM via better stats and versatility. You can't harm BM but WB is a punching bag that will (after many many many hits) go down.

I have to agree Dr. Fix here. If we were talking just lore wise, I would probably go with white beard, but VS wise imma have to go with Big Mom FRA

Whitebeard,Oda himself already stated he was the strongest at that time.

Whitebeard is not a "punching bag"... he was literally sick ,weakened and wounded before he even beginning to actually fight and he had to hold back in order to not destroy Marniefood and kill all his allies,so he couldn't just wipe out all the fodders instantly and therefore he took lot of damages.

If that one to one with no interruptions he will beat Big Mom without a lot of effort,even while literally half dead(and he also got his insides burn by Akainu and got pierced by Kizaru's lasers) he still was able to stomp Akainu with only two sinlge hits,and he was far weaker than his regular healthy mode.

Big Mom via comparable or higher physical stats, (especially durability), better variety of attacks and weaponry which WB literally cannot get rid of in the form of Zeus, Prometheus, Napoleon which means electricity, heat, and cutting/piercing damage, and comparable direct attack range (for the sake of this fight. WB has better range in general but they're not gonna be fighting from kilometers away so it doesn't matter much here.) Big Mom has huge range with her sword and storms and Whitebeard does as well with his quakes, but BM's seem to be more focused even at long range compared to WB's which are more spread out.

Big Mom is a tank, and I doubt that anything short of WB using his potent DF quakes at close range would damage her significantly. WB is not a tank. He took accumulated damage from attacks that Big Mom would shrug off without even paying attention. That being said, he has MONSTROUS endurance where nothing short of a killing blow would put him down. However, from what we've seen, BM has that ability, and to a much higher degree than any of the 3 Admirals that fought WB.

Whitebeard was considered the strongest man in the world, but that doesn't automatically make him the strongest person in the series. Funny enough, Big Mom doesn't fall under that category. She isn't a man XD. And Oda also said Kaido is the strongest creature in the world. Putting him on a higher "hype" level than WB. In his introduction, it was said Kaido challengend entire marine fleets and the other emperors on his own with no crew, though he lost. But here's what's interesting. Do you know what the general consensus in universe is? "If it's a one on one, Kaido will win." Implying he took on Big Mom, Shanks, and WB as well as their crews alone and lost by survived. The hype implies that if he 1 v 1'd the other Yonko, he would win. All this to say.....WB being the "strongest man" doesn't automatically make him the strongest being.

Big Mom FRA

This makes me wonder what the strongest OP character in a match is, if WB loses here

>people arguing about Big Mom being tougher just because there's fodder capable of harm WB.

BOIS

That level of NLF it's hard to believe. Only because she was unscathed by some damage doesn't make her highly resistant and let alone invulnerable against stronger attacks.

On top of that WB suffered some bigs handicaps during the war as was explained above. Here he's sick at most and there's no restriction for his powers.

This is far closer than people thinks. And the argument about BM not being a man isn't a good one to prove Big Mom superior to Pops.

I'm going to say Inconclusive.

Big Mom has a bit of verity like Acid Saliva, Electricity and Fire (White Beard resisted the heat Magma dude's lava so I pretty sure he can tank her fire without burning to a crispy chicken), her life stealing isn't helping here.

White Beard has the range with his Quakes which he can spam and keep her at bay. He may be old but his Stamina his high enough to keep him in the fight.

Honestly it just seems however gets a good shot in first would likely be the victor.

Note 1: I'm unsure who is physically superior so my comment is assuming they are around equal.

Note 2: My knowledge on One Piece is limited so forgive me if I missed something.

If we take Akainu's magma into account the Prometheus would do next to nothing against Pops. Akainu's magma can melt steel from a sword far away the user just by the sheer emission of heat and Prometheus is nowhere near that level.

Both of these characters scales to Admirals who can fight for 10 days so thinking on a endurance battle is insane. But Pops has feats which put him above Big Mom on that department. Big Mom's tough skin isn't something like total invulnerability. Logically, attacks around her level'd harm her with no problems and Pops has one of the highest offensive powers in the verse.

In this battle Pops wouldn't be the punching bag he was at Marineford (or not totally). He also has Observation which Big Mom hasn't so the precog is an important factor here people are forgetting.

When Ace attempted to kill him while he was sleeping (but I'm probably confusing it with the anime scene so let me look after it).

To those who bring up Whitebeard's weaknesses we know that. If the OP read prime Whitebeard this thread would likely look quite different. This is Old Whitebeard so we're taking into account his weaknesses.

Example: Marco said Whitebeard shuold have been able to react to attacks but he is much weaker now than his past self so his precog abilities and speed aren't up to Big Mom's.

Of course, he's old and sick but he has no restrictions here. He'll use his powers as much as he wants.

During Marineford he couldn't use his full potential because Ace was on the platform and he was attempting to save him. Otherwise he could just crack Marineford like Teach did and wipe all the fodders away to stomp every Admiral blocking his path (if he two-shotted Akainu then it's fair to say he can do). But his children were in the surroundings and even if they know about Pops's powers being aware of an earthquake strong enough doesn't make you resistant or prepared at all.

In this case he can spam his earthquakes as strong as possible. He isn't protecting nor attempting to free Ace. He's old and sick as the standard but now he have no reasons to hold back.

Jo-Smooth said:
Big Mom via comparable or higher physical stats, (especially durability), better variety of attacks and weaponry which WB literally cannot get rid of in the form of Zeus, Prometheus, Napoleon which means electricity, heat, and cutting/piercing damage, and comparable direct attack range (for the sake of this fight. WB has better range in general but they're not gonna be fighting from kilometers away so it doesn't matter much here.) Big Mom has huge range with her sword and storms and Whitebeard does as well with his quakes, but BM's seem to be more focused even at long range compared to WB's which are more spread out.
Big Mom is a tank, and I doubt that anything short of WB using his potent DF quakes at close range would damage her significantly. WB is not a tank. He took accumulated damage from attacks that Big Mom would shrug off without even paying attention. That being said, he has MONSTROUS endurance where nothing short of a killing blow would put him down. However, from what we've seen, BM has that ability, and to a much higher degree than any of the 3 Admirals that fought WB.

Whitebeard was considered the strongest man in the world, but that doesn't automatically make him the strongest person in the series. Funny enough, Big Mom doesn't fall under that category. She isn't a man XD. And Oda also said Kaido is the strongest creature in the world. Putting him on a higher "hype" level than WB. In his introduction, it was said Kaido challengend entire marine fleets and the other emperors on his own with no crew, though he lost. But here's what's interesting. Do you know what the general consensus in universe is? "If it's a one on one, Kaido will win." Implying he took on Big Mom, Shanks, and WB as well as their crews alone and lost by survived. The hype implies that if he 1 v 1'd the other Yonko, he would win. All this to say.....WB being the "strongest man" doesn't automatically make him the strongest being.
Jo pretty much cleared this up already. I agree WB was keeping the quake quake fruit in check but it doesn't matter in the context of this one on one fight with BM.

I'm not debunking anything but the argument that Big Mom is highly resistant against attacks that are clearly above his level and the fact that Pops hasn't that big handicap in this match.

Vs wise BM wins, no doubt about that.

I vote for BM as well. She has flight and durability as well as more versatile abilities. Whitebeard was a walking tank, but BM's skin was insanely durable. She blocked a G4 punch casually and has yet to show her full capabilities with Zeus, Prometheus and Napoleon.

No, the seventh vote is from Sword Guy. ALRF said BM is waifu and that's why she wins. That's not a good reason. Grace started 10 hours ago actually.

^Wrong

BM: Fix, Impaler, Rei, Jo-Smooth, Schnee, Calaca (You said for a VS matchup, BM wins no doubt), Arf (7) + Sword later

WB: Rin, Ryope

Inconclusive: Griffin

Its been 24 hours since alf voted. Match set, BM wins.

Never mind. I searched that term now. I just assumed Alrf was using an acronym I was not familiar with (which was technically true). Did not realize they were trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back