• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Hell (DOOM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
This has been a topic discussed and agreed upon in threads for DOOM, but no one has actually made a CRT on it. Which leads us to now.

Originally, Hell was 2-B since it is demonstrated to be a threat to the entire multiverse (a scan of it causing the multiverse to implode inward on itself) and that it encompasses countless universes, so it scales to the multiverse. Yet the multiverse in DOOM is 2-A in size since it has an infinite amount of timelines, with there being infinite possibilities and there being a timeline for each possibility. So Hell should be 2-A, not 2-B.

This in return would also remove the 2-B rating from Davoth and Doomguy since their 2-B reasoning is that they scale to Hell.

Edit: This is going off the currently accepted logic that Hell scales to the multiverse (Why wouldn't it, really) and the multiverse has been upgraded to 2-A. If Hell scaling to the multiverse is agreed to not be the case, then no ratings will be changed.

Agreed: 10 (XSOULOFCINDERX, Axxtentacle, DarkDragonMedeus, KieranH10, Guardian_Doge, ThanatosX, Hellscream, Firestorm808, Shmooply)

Disagreed: 0

Neutral: 2 (Sir_Ovens? and Hellbeast)

Last edited:
Why would Hell specifically scale to the multiverse tho. I thought Hell itself would be a separate place. Unless there are scans stating that Hell encompasses the multiverse, it would scale to its own showings, not those of the whole multiverse.

The scan feels like more of an ED feat for Doom Slayer if anything. The multiverse will implode if the forces of Hell and Doom Slayer fight enough times.

Is it being attributed to the Doom Slayer and Hell's forces fighting or is their fighting just something that's happening while this is going on from Hell invading? The wording is a bit weird bit it seems like they're separate events being referred to at the same time.

IIRC, it's outright stated that Hell is a Multiverse in itself or that it contains the multiverse.

Anyway, I think this looks fine.

Hell is affecting the entire Multiverse in some significant way, yes. So 2-A is a given.
I agree with this.

Agreed. This topic has been talked about for a while now, might as well end it here. It's a pretty straightforward CRT after all.

Agreed: 5

Neutral: 1? Not sure where to put you at right now, Sir_Ovens.

We scaled Davoth mainly to the multiverse he created and would destroy. His extension that is Hell is only a fraction of his full power after he was reduced to a Life Orb.

If I recall correctly, we only gave the 2-B rating because the lore book used the word "countless." In hindsight, the game's codex specifically using "infinite" holds more weight to be a 2-A multiverse that Davoth created.

Last edited:
Thank you for your input.

Agreed: 8 (XSOULOFCINDERX, Axxtentacle, DarkDragonMedeus, KieranH10, Guardian_Doge, ThanatosX, Hellscream, Firestorm808, Shmooply)

Neutral: 2 (Sir_Ovens? and Hellbeast)

Bump.

At the moment there is no disagreements and 3 staff members agree with the revision. Is further support required?

I think it should by now (I don't want to rush it but at the same time I don't want this to take too long). It's almost been unanimously agreed upon, supported by 3 staff members who are knowledgeable on the verse, and the change itself is pretty straightforward, with one of the reasons on why Hell was 2-B being that it's a threat to the multiverse, which is now considered 2-A.

I unlocked Doomguy but who's Dakota?

Edit, Davoth is already unlocked but also unlocked Hell.

Tell us here when you are done with the editing.

@DarkDragonMedeus @KieranH10

Do the pages look okay?

Thank you for helping out.

Is there anything left to do here then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back