• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bakugo vs Todoroki: Final Act Rematch

now that Final Act was updated on almost everyone's pages, I thought this might be fitting to redo

Final Act Todoroki vs Final Act Bakugo

Both in their most updated Hero costumes

Speed unequalized cuz they're from the same verse

Who wins?

Bakugo:
Todoroki: 1
Deku solos: 8

Last edited:
Phosphor would be pretty hard on Bakugo, since it nullifies heat and being chilled prevents him from sweating. I'm sure Bakugo himself is aware of that so he'll do his best to prevent Todoroki from doing that to him, as they're both aware of each other's abilities.

Both can fly but I say Bakugo's flight is superior, he's been doing it for longer and can boost himself with Cluster as well. While his initial range game is inferior in terms of size, his amount of attacks surpass Todoroki's with his Strafe Panzer.

If Todoroki lands his Great Glacial Aegir the fight is over. But I don't see him withstanding an Howitzer Impact: Cluster either.

Think I'm going to vote Bakugo. Todoroki's Phosphor requires time to build up and he needs to maintain concentration. Even during his fight with Dabi he lost it for a second. Bakugo is well aware of that weakness and will likely keep pressuring him as much as he can so he can't build up in peace.

Bakugo's Howitzer Impact: Cluster needs some time as well, but it builds up automatically as he fights and can be unleashed whenever he wants when it's ready. Flashfire Fist would be heavy attacks, but Bakugo has his own heat resistance and Todoroki's Flashfire Fist attacks aren't as complex or numerous as Endeavor's.

Todoroki's ice wall likely isn't going to be landing on him either. Bakugo should be able to avoid being frozen by him with it. And Flashfreeze Heatwave lacks the feats/scaling to put in on par with his Howitzer Impact: Cluster.

However, I'm curious to hear any other opinions as well.

I was honestly going to make this thread likely in a week or when I have time to debate more on it, but it looks like mickey beat me to it.

Interesting match but I vote shoto. Why? Shoto is more than capable of keeping bakugo at bay with his temperature manipulation via cold. Shoto cooling the air around them is not something that would take minute or so because as we've seen in chapter 390 shoto is capable of performing such a feat rapidly.

Cooling the air is likely not gonna be beating bakugo here but it sure as hell will force him into performing longer ranged attacks which would be more beneficial to shoto than bakugo.

I highly doubt that bakugo is gonna be sniping shoto out from a long range because shoto cold easily just dodge or spam ice as a cover.

Also, it also doesn't help that bakugo best ap feat with his cluster is a closed range attack.

Meanwhile, shoto could just burst out aegir in an explosive like manner since that what he did in chapter 390 and the range he froze up was pretty massive, I doubt bakugo knows any detail about these and he would immediately be caught giving shoto the victory ✌.

Even if we Where to assume that bakugo could/would dodge this attack, the cold of would still be their and bakugo would not be able to shoot out big attacks. This would only give shoto the advantage to use ffhw to instantly boost himself to bakugo location freeze him like a popsicle and wait till his necrosis/hyperthermia takes effect in a few seconds.

To Sum It Up:

Shoto wins via temperature manipulation, range attacks, area effect, nullification and necrosis/ hyperthermia effect.

Last edited:
Hmm.

The nature of Bakugo’s cluster attacks kind of mitigates the cold advantage Shoto has over him, and he’s wearing an outfit literally built to make him sweat even more.

They both know each others moves, and honestly they both can one shot the other with their strongest attacks. Phosphor should be able to overcome the heat of Bakugo’s attacks, but the actual force behind them will still get transferred through to clash with the force of Shoto’s attacks. So while Shoto will be able to make things colder, he can’t really overpower Bakugo unless he MASSIVELY reduces his sweat production.

On top of all of this, Bakugo knows his weaknesses and matchups. He knows what Shoto’s going to go for, as well as that Shoto can only hold Phosphor for a single attack before losing control. So if he play safe and dodges with Cluster movement, likely a bit within melee range so his attacks have better impact and Shoto has less reaction time, he can deal more damage than Shoto will.

But on the other hand, Shoto knows that BAKUGO knows that, so he might set up a Cold Flame’s Pale blade to his chest, or just short ice wall bursts to trick him out. But then Bakugo might react with an instant stun grenade and blast him back, and it goes on and on.

I’m going inconclusive. These two are crazy close in power imo. It’s a back and forth, too close to call for me and they know each other too well.

Shoto has the temperature to cool down Bakugo in practically an instant if he hits, as well as passively doing it to the area they’re in, but Bakugo has the intelligence, mobility and gear to stay warmed up enough to get his best Cluster moves out. It’ll be a rush fight of Bakugo seeking to take Shoto down fast before the temperature change sets in, while Shoto has to catch Bakugo in a big AoE Phosphor move before the explosions he’s getting hit with overwhelm him.

Yeah, Incon. Very close fight, so I’d be fine with either winning.

Shoto would take more hits due to the mobility difference, maybe being able to freeze one of Bakugo’s limbs or something with a sneaky Phosphor move since it amps his speed. Bakugo wouldn’t be getting damaged, but the cold will be taxing his stamina and sweat production, meaning he has to go all out at the start before he gets too weak.

100% certain this fight ends in a final clash between Howitzer Impact: Cluster and Great Glacial Aegir. Shoto nullifies the actual heat but the sheer force from Bakugo will be enough to get through, while Bakugo has no protection against the ensuing cold. So it’s a literal toss up imo between which one of them walks away from it.

Which is why Deku jumps between them and stops both their attacks with one hand

Hmm.

The nature of Bakugo’s cluster attacks kind of mitigates the cold advantage Shoto has over him, and he’s wearing an outfit literally built to make him sweat even more.

They both know each others moves, and honestly they both can one shot the other with their strongest attacks. Phosphor should be able to overcome the heat of Bakugo’s attacks, but the actual force behind them will still get transferred through to clash with the force of Shoto’s attacks. So while Shoto will be able to make things colder, he can’t really overpower Bakugo unless he MASSIVELY reduces his sweat production.

On top of all of this, Bakugo knows his weaknesses and matchups. He knows what Shoto’s going to go for, as well as that Shoto can only hold Phosphor for a single attack before losing control. So if he play safe and dodges with Cluster movement, likely a bit within melee range so his attacks have better impact and Shoto has less reaction time, he can deal more damage than Shoto will.

But on the other hand, Shoto knows that BAKUGO knows that, so he might set up a Cold Flame’s Pale blade to his chest, or just short ice wall bursts to trick him out. But then Bakugo might react with an instant stun grenade and blast him back, and it goes on and on.

I’m going inconclusive. These two are crazy close in power imo. It’s a back and forth, too close to call for me and they know each other too well.

Shoto has the temperature to cool down Bakugo in practically an instant if he hits, as well as passively doing it to the area they’re in, but Bakugo has the intelligence, mobility and gear to stay warmed up enough to get his best Cluster moves out. It’ll be a rush fight of Bakugo seeking to take Shoto down fast before the temperature change sets in, while Shoto has to catch Bakugo in a big AoE Phosphor move before the explosions he’s getting hit with overwhelm him.

Yeah, Incon. Very close fight, so I’d be fine with either winning.
voting Incon for these reasons

My opinion of this has always been incon for similar reasons.

Shoto being mostly stationary is often used as a weakness for him, but he has fought Bakugo before (albeit when they were far weaker), but it's an indicator that Shoto knows how to win against characters with better mobility against him.

His improved use of his Quirks would allow him to buy enough time to hold back Bakugo (as long as Bakugo's awakening isn't counted anyways) and he'd be able to land his large scale attacks, especially Aegir which would be a one-shot.

But like stated, it's a 50/50. Bakugo himself has a decent chance of simply busting through Shoto's defenses and ending the fight with a Howitzer Impact yet again.

I also wanted to mention that Bakugo has vastly superior stamina and pain tolerance compared to Todoroki but idk if that swings votes or not

My opinion of this has always been incon for similar reasons.

Shoto being mostly stationary is often used as a weakness for him, but he has fought Bakugo before (albeit when they were far weaker), but it's an indicator that Shoto knows how to win against characters with better mobility against him.

His improved use of his Quirks would allow him to buy enough time to hold back Bakugo (as long as Bakugo's awakening isn't counted anyways) and he'd be able to land his large scale attacks, especially Aegir which would be a one-shot.

But like stated, it's a 50/50. Bakugo himself has a decent chance of simply busting through Shoto's defenses and ending the fight with a Howitzer Impact yet again.
Final War Arc includes his Awakening

Final War Arc includes his Awakening
No it does not.

What he did against Shigaraki will likely be a separate key. As he clearly got faster and stronger.

This key is before his awakening. Full Body Cluster Bakugo probably stomps all things considered, he'd blitz and kill in one shot.

Well this is not how I expected the battle to play out lol. Anyways, it would be cool to redo this battle when they are both at their eos state because unlike bakugo who has gotten his awakening already and gone all out, shoto has done neither as he didn't go all out on dabi and his intent while facing dabi would be drastically different from when facing shiggy.

Let's wait and see who become the second strongest of 1a. I don't see bakugo winning shoto even with his final state before his death.

No it does not.

What he did against Shigaraki will likely be a separate key. As he clearly got faster and stronger.

This key is before his awakening. Full Body Cluster Bakugo probably stomps all things considered, he'd blitz and kill in one shot.
oh yeah I forgot his Awakening gave him full body cluster
my b

Back