• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Demon of the Hidden Mist" Zabuza Momochi VS "Member of Akatsuki" Hidan

• Starting Distance: 15m
  • Both in-character

Zabuza: 4 (@Overlord1, @Nierre, @ItsOnlyDanny3, @Johnboy)
Hidan:
Inconclusive:

ef5e00ff156f090abdade3e9bc6d9b39.png
6c0f5db972442c7c7adf00b0fe9327cd.png

Last edited:
Hidan was able to pressure Kakashi hard and still take on Asuma and other ninja with ease. Zabuza would have problems in direct combat, so he would use the mist to blind Hidan and take advantage of his mastery. Without an area attack from Hidan, Zabuza is close enough to try to decapitate him.

Hidan was able to pressure Kakashi hard and still take on Asuma and other ninja with ease. Zabuza would have problems in direct combat, so he would use the mist to blind Hidan and take advantage of his mastery. Without an area attack from Hidan, Zabuza is close enough to try to decapitate him.
I mean, Zabuza was also able to pressure Kakashi and Hidan was fighting together with Kakuzu.

But then, for whom will you vote?

I mean, Zabuza was also able to pressure Kakashi and Hidan was fighting together with Kakuzu.

But then, for whom will you vote?
I vote for Zabuza for having more options. Hidan's biggest victory depends on hurting Zabuza, but I find it difficult to do so.

Hmm

Water pretty much counters Hidan's jutsu which requires him to smear blood on the ground, Zabuza has also can play range if he needs to, however this is in a forest, so Hidan could always just run away if he needs to. However, if he loses sight of Zabuza, he'll likely be walking into his death. His mist jutsu would allow Zabuza to sneak up on Hidan with relative ease, but it's doubtful that Hidan would just stay in the mist and just let Zabuza sneak up on him.

I don't really see any valid win for Hidan, personally. Zabuza should be steps ahead, as he uses clones in character to sneak up from behind and go for the kill as he attempted many times against Kakashi.

Hidan's Jashin Technique will pretty much be useless as A) Zabuza can always just wash away the blood from the ground (intentionally or unintentionally- pretty much a type advantage lol) and B) Hidan will have trouble even actually landing a solid hit against Zabuza.

So I'll vote for Zabuza mid diff at most

Hmm

Water pretty much counters Hidan's jutsu which requires him to smear blood on the ground, Zabuza has also can play range if he needs to, however this is in a forest, so Hidan could always just run away if he needs to. However, if he loses sight of Zabuza, he'll likely be walking into his death. His mist jutsu would allow Zabuza to sneak up on Hidan with relative ease, but it's doubtful that Hidan would just stay in the mist and just let Zabuza sneak up on him.

I don't really see any valid win for Hidan, personally. Zabuza should be steps ahead, as he uses clones in character to sneak up from behind and go for the kill as he attempted many times against Kakashi.

Hidan's Jashin Technique will pretty much be useless as A) Zabuza can always just wash away the blood from the ground (intentionally or unintentionally- pretty much a type advantage lol) and B) Hidan will have trouble even actually landing a solid hit against Zabuza.

So I'll vote for Zabuza mid diff at most
Wouldn't Hidan's Regeneration be good enough to still hold his own in the confrontation?

Hidan can also keep his distance to perform the ritual.

Btw, counted.

Wouldn't Hidan's Regeneration be good enough to still hold his own in the confrontation?
I'm pretty sure he only has regeneration once he actually gets the blood of his opponent, which I'm not saying he wouldn't get - but I think it'll be very very hard for him to do. Also Zabuza goes for a one strike kill, so beheading, bisection etc etc are all the type of swings that he goes for, and Hidan's healing is far too low to heal from that.
Hidan can also keep his distance to perform the ritual.
True, but it requires him to stay in place. And the symbol isn't necessarily an easy symbol or quick symbol to draw either. Zabuza isn't just going to let him draw the full circle. He's going to be on him the whole time, either directly, or through assassination/stealth. Which is bound to keep Hidan on his toes.

I dunno man... Zabuza's always been a weird case to me. What's his AP? I know him and Hidan are both at Town level, and they both had the upper hand against Kakashim but Hidan can hang with mid-Shippuden characters, wouldn't Zabuza just get stomped here in terms of power creep? 😅

Last edited:
I dunno man... Zabuza's always been a weird case to me. What's his AP? I know him and Hidan are both at Town level, and they both had the upper hand against Kakashim but Hidan can hang with mid-Shippuden characters, wouldn't Zabuza just get stomped here in terms of power creep? 😅
No, they both scale in AP to the same version of Kakashi.

No, they both scale in AP to the same version of Kakashi.
If that's the case then I'm actually leaning towards Zabuza, as he favours setting up mist and ending confrontations quickly via decapitation. There isn't much Hidan could do, Zabuza's typical MO should counter him perfectly

I'll vote for Zabuza, as his fighting style gives him an advantage against Hidan's tactics. Any blood that would be drawn from Zabuza could easily be washed away by Zabuza's water-style jutsu, and Zabuza could finish the fight by decapitating Hidan after setting up a mist trap. With my vote, that's grace.

Yeah I’m voting Zabuza. His mist makes Hidan drawing blood almost impossible, his sword allows for him to hit hidan without needing to be up close so it’s gonna be hard for Hidan to do much here. The water dragon also could be used to knock Hidan out of his circle or knock the scythe out of his hand.

Back