• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arlong vs Gon

• In character
  • Speed Equalized
  • 8-B versions used (Jajanken is restricted. Gon's Third Key [Yorknew City Arc] is being used.)
  • Fight takes place in Heavens Arena
  • Win via KO, Incapacitation, Killing
  • NOTE: Gon does not use Nen Crush in character
unknown.png
unknown.png

Gon: @speedster352, @GodlyCharmander, @Kachon123, @Popted2, @AnimeHolic94, @CiscoTheSoto, @Nierre
Arlong:
Incon:

Last edited:
Gon's AP: 41.85 Tons
Arlong's AP: 84.623 Tons

Arlong has a 2x AP advantage

Big oof.

Gon usually starts by going straight to the opponent and punching the every living shit out of him.

Arlong has no water here so he is kinda ******. He usually starts by biting, or physical attacks as well.

Haxes and starting moves for both characters?
Pretty sure close combat.

Arlong does have a sword so he has the "range" advantage with that I guess as well as just being bigger so he has more reach.

As for hax... Arlong has no hax.
Gon has RPL, and the 4 basic principles of nen (Ten, Zetsu, Ren, and Hatsu).

As stated in the OP Nen Crush (Ren), is out of character for Gon.

I THINK Arlong likes to go for melee punching/kicking to start off with, he also likes to be a flashy dickhesd and gives long explanations for his powers, including his teeth shedding gimmick which admittedly will work on Gon quite well if he connects attacks.

Other then that he likes to yeet himself like a missile at his opponents to impale them with his nose.

Also Arlong is literally 8-A in the water so

Huuuh... Well, while Arlong has the advantage in power...

Gon is far more skilled than Arlong has shown to be, coming up with ideas on the spot, and keeping up with trained nen users (even outsmarting Hisoka, who is a battle genius). Gon is also trained in Kung Fu, so he easily outskills Arlong in close combat.

As soon as he realizes Arlong is stronger, Gon is going to adapt, use his Reactive Power level to eventually become too fast for Arlong. Gon also has afterimages.
Pretty sure close combat.

Arlong does have a sword so he has the "range" advantage with that I guess as well as just being bigger so he has more reach.

As for hax... Arlong has no hax.
Gon has RPL, and the 4 basic principles of nen (Ten, Zetsu, Ren, and Hatsu).

As stated in the OP Nen Crush (Ren), is out of character for Gon.
You restricted this man's hatsu.
Ahh I forgot.

Maybe I should make it Arlong Park, that way he has access to water..
You'd have to unrestrict Jajanken.

I THINK Arlong likes to go for melee punching/kicking to start off with, he also likes to be a flashy dickhesd and gives long explanations for his powers, including his teeth shedding gimmick which admittedly will work on Gon quite well if he connects attacks.

Other then that he likes to yeet himself like a missile at his opponents to impale them with his nose.

Also Arlong is literally 8-A in the water so
Arlong has no water in this setting.

Huuuh... Well, while Arlong has the advantage in power...

Gon is far more skilled than Arlong has shown to be, coming up with ideas on the spot, and keeping up with trained nen users (even outsmarting Hisoka, who is a battle genius). Gon is also trained in Kung Fu, so he easily outskills Arlong in close combat.

As soon as he realizes Arlong is stronger, Gon is going to adapt, use his Reactive Power level to eventually become too fast for Arlong. Gon also has afterimages.

You restricted this man's hatsu.

You'd have to unrestrict Jajanken.

Arlong has no water in this setting.
Arlong should be pretty proficient considering he slapped Sanji and Zoro at once, though this was when neither were the skill tyrants they are later.

Yeah, Arlong definitely relies on having an AP advantage, that disappears, goodbye Arlong.

Well no shit it's not here, I was contesting the location being changed to include water.

I vote gon for being more skilled and able to improve rapidly.
Counted.

Is this a vote for Gon?

Arlong should be pretty proficient considering he slapped Sanji and Zoro at once, though this was when neither were the skill tyrants they are later.

Yeah, Arlong definitely relies on having an AP advantage, that disappears, goodbye Arlong.
I mean, is that even fair? They were both tired, and Zoro was at deaths door (like always)

Again, the martial arts on Gon should put him above imo.
Well no shit it's not here, I was contesting the location being changed to include water.
Sorry.

I mean, is that even fair? They were both tired, and Zoro was at deaths door (like always)

Again, the martial arts on Gon should put him above imo.
Kinda considering they both usually fight while tired and injured and shit, and even then we can just scale Arlong to his martial artist Fishman subordinate that I forget the name of

It's Kung fu. It's not that special lol

I think I’ll vote for Gon since he has greater fighting skills and could probably overcome Arlong in close combat. Gon also has his afterimages which he can use to his advantage, he has immense pain tolerance that would allow him to persevere against Arlong’s jaws, since he endured a prolonged beating from Hanzo.

Back