• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"The Ultimate Dragon King" Bahamut VS Bahamut (Final Fantasy VS Granblue Fantasy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seers sing of an age old myth

When the end times come, a dragon of black and silver shall descend from the heavens, tearing it asunder

The dragon, chained and bound, shall unleash a fury that the world has long forgotten

A fury that surpasses all of creation, one that mere mortals can only look on in awe and horror

The world shall be destroyed, with naught but ashes remaining

However, a woman shall ascend from the Earth, with hair as green as the forests

She fearlessly faces against the chained dragon

The stars align as this woman of legend summons forth a power that can rival the great beast

Descending from the very Moon, a divine blue dragon is summoned forth unto the world

Its majesty and power befitting that of a king, his magnificence unmatched by all

Two dragons- one of black and silver, and one of blue and gold

The fate of the world rests upon the godly beings on unmatched strength

Destruction and rebirth is the apex of the world, as the Ultimate Ones shall clash to determine the end of all

--------------------------------------------

How does this made up prophecy end? Well, that's what we're here to talk about!

On one side, we have the blue Dragon King- Bahamut from Final Fantasy! His divine and regal magnificence is surely one that world shall look on in awe.

On the other, we the wings of black and silver- Bahamut from Granblue Fantasy! His power even when bound is unmatched across all of creation, and all shall look on in terror.

Rules:

• Both are using their 4-A keys. For FF Bahamut, this is his FFIV key. For GBF Bahamut, this is his Proto-Bahamut key. Proto-Bahamut cannot be unchained in this fight, and both stay at 4-A.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Both dragons are in-character and no outside interference is allowed. Just assume the summoner in the myth just stood back to watch the two god dragons fight with popcorn.
  • Battle takes place in a massive land of nothingness. The world's literally ending so just imagine they're on Earth during The Revelation.
  • No prep time or prior knowledge for either dragon.

That's all! Now, who shall win this clash of myth and ages? That's what we're here to figure out!

Battle Music - The Ultimate from GBF

The Dragon King -

The Ultimate -

Dungeons and Dragons Bahamut nukes both - 6 (Theglassman12, TheGreatJedi13, The_Axiom_of_Virgo, DannyF97, HST_Master, Nierre)
Gm7tXgj.png
latest

Last edited:
Damn, what bad luck...

Oh well. Just let me know when the revisions are done, then I'll bump this thread again.
Changes were applied. gonna start looking into FF Baha

Anyway Restricted Baha can still perform Catastrophe nova and power nulls
no Abdak Force, Skyfall, Hyperdimension, Supernova which are durability negation and damage reductions

haven't checked ff baha skills sets yet but they seems equally matched with hax and hax resistance

From what i can see they basically resist much of their haxes towards each other

FFBaha can nullify GBFBaha immo and regen and vice versa
FFbaha might get an edge with some durability negation attacks since most of GBFbaha durability negation attacks are sealed
as for gbf baha seal, the seal also limits his movement so FFbaha will have better flight movement against him
FFbaha can also summon.

GBFbaha advantage on the other hand is his conceptual destruction is type 1 even while sealed, power nullification/sealing will probably work since it works by directly sealing ones ability to tap into their respective concept to draw power (power nulled Wardant who draws power from the laws of physics in the universe basically being the embodiment of it).

idk how strong magic works in ff since its been years since i last play ff game with the latest being FF4 after years
so I'll wait for their input

AP is close since they basically take their AP from the same calc

Seems mostly like a who hits 1st scenario, so might go with Incon since it's unclear with who will be able to get out what 1st with GBF Bahamut's Power Null and FF Bahamut's BFR or Death Manip.

What does GBF Bahamut start with? Because anything FF Bahamut does will have subjective reality in it and I don’t see that in his resistances anywhere.

attacks imbued with powernull such as catastrophe or catastrophe nova.
or straight up completely nulling all the enemy abilities first then using catastrophe nova. him being sealed would make him go with restricting his enemies first since he can't really move freely while chained and he always performs power null the moment he is summoned
he also has a passive aura that seals abilities but its a weaker variant that gets resisted by FFbaha since baha resist silence

how does subjective reality works in FFbaha anyway
the scans seem to imply projecting what's in their mind to reality and twisting logic and laws
then it is resisted since gbf baha resist law due to his nature of being beyond it

So power null, good thing Bahamut resists that.

It’s literally subjective reality, type 2 concept, space-time manipulation and law manipulation all in one for magic. Subjective reality is the only thing I don’t see on GBF’s resistance so he’s susceptible to that ability. On top of the fact he has access to Lunar Summons abilities which can bypass resistances to magic and status affect.

Since this is Bound Proto-Bahamut
Is his abilities only the Primal Beast ones as listed in the page or is it also the Speakers part?

He carries over the properties of being a Sky-God In his attacks since the very nature of Sky-God is destruction
so that includes speaker part. though he is very unlikely to perform any of the abilities listed on those since he is restricted

@TheGreatJedi13 can the power null affect beings that are resistant to power null? If not I don’t really see how it can affect FF, especially since last time I checked Conceptual stuff isn’t deemed superior than normal hax without feats of affecting those with resistances.

@TheGreatJedi13 can the power null affect beings that are resistant to power null? If not I don’t really see how it can affect FF, especially since last time I checked Conceptual stuff isn’t deemed superior than normal hax without feats of affecting those with resistances.
It's not? Then that leans my favor more in FF Bahamut and looking at his page, Proto Bahamut doesn't have much in terms of resistances to a majority of FF's inherent abilities

By its very nature, it cannot be resisted by anyone under Providence in Granblue
which includes Pactbounded primal beasts who resist power nullification from Luminary Knights
Primal beast all have innate resistance against Olivia's Twilight terror which prevents them from using their abilities
Seraph who resist chaos matter which nullifies the entire logic of their beings and powers rendering their existence null
then we have Shalem The Dusk speaker who was created with the power of the destruction half of creator and chaos who can use Harlequin that powernull and subjugate the target which even primal beast who can use their special attacks while afflicted with Olivia's twilight terror cannot use their special attacks
gbfbaha powernulls upscale to these or at least comparable to Shalem since their power are of the same nature

Last edited:
Can you link scans or pages that have these things? Going off GBF Bahamut it doesn’t say any of that.

And how fast is his power null abilities? Because again one move from FF means he haxes GBF with no difficulty.

Pretty much thought-based.

Shalem's Harlequin is also thought-based.

akasha is also one of the few primal beast who can resist Olivia's powernull despite being affected by it

there is also this
6S5k2fh.png
due to weird gbf logging you read this from the bottom

Last edited:
So it activates by firing a light to envelop everyone? That seems like enough time for Bahamut to cast a spell through thought alone.

So it activates by firing a light to envelop everyone? That seems like enough time for Bahamut to cast a spell through thought alone.
That was Akasha i just put it there for the context of the video
the feat where it was activated thought based is at 3:16
the light fading in and out is mostly special effects as Akasha was already doing the erasure against them when vyrn activated it midway towards erasure

The end part where it says Akasha’s limited, do you actually fight Akasha and he still uses it’s powers or can it not do anything whatsoever? Because him saying it’s limited sounds a bit like he lost some of its powers, not all of them.

Akasha went into repair mode and slowly repaired itself and went through phases where it slowly regains all its abilities
Primal Beast draw their powers from their true form which is purely an abstraction without form on a higher position than the plane they manifest into or exist so even if it gets stolen or nullified or in a sense destroyed they can simply repair or regain it back by drawing it off from their true form again as Astral power is basically turning zero into one, nothing becoming something
km1tyv3.png
zq0JrhK.png
NS9ttoG.png

wtMTxx9.png

The 2nd time they fought Akasha, instead of just sealing it with a golem so no one can use its power, Vyrn who has more idea of his powers instead used it to completely nullify/excise All of the Astral power and collect it which separates it from Akasha thus it can no longer manifest and remained purely as an abstraction unable to interact with reality.
3I4YJwi.png
jJ1RUTv.png
kXo69eQ.png
YH0O4u8.png

As for the other links like Olivia's Twilight Terror
akasha's in-game resistance against twilight terror
Shalem's Harlequin is still not updated in vswiki profile as GBF still needs to be updated with specific character's abilities which I would make a CRT after the CRT which will fix their 5-B tiers that don't make sense in this verse. but GBbahamut profiles are already up to date so no worries with this one and he's unaffected by the ongoing tiers CRT

and gbBaha don't resist subjective reality but resist all its possible application based on the page I see
EE is resisted
Space-time hax is also resisted
type 2 concept resisted by the virtue of him being above and unaffected by Providence which is type 1 concept
law manipulation resisted

should be incon since it's whoever attacks first scenario. either gbBaha powernulls and nukes him or FFbaha haxes with either instant death or BFR

The applications of subjective reality doesn’t really mean he actually resist subjective reality itself, by that logic me resisting my body being destroyed at an atomic level, my soul being ripped and my mind being destroyed means I resist existence erasure despite the ability being a far different ability than those 3. If he doesn’t resist subjective reality then he doesn’t resist it.

Either way this seems like an inconclusive. Either FF Bahamut lands any abilities on GBF to win or GBF manages to power null FF and conceptually kill him.

Incon FRA also Bahamut is easliy in the top 5 most iconic and best dragons in all fiction.
Easily agreed. Bahamut may not be a dragon in the original myth, but Bahamut at this point has become synonymous with dragons rather than whales and fish.

A truly iconic pop-culture dragon.

also vote counted
Dragalia Bahamut will soon be in this wiki too and is 2-B kek
Excited for it! Dragalia Bahamut should fight some strong 2-Bs like Dinosaur King or Dimentio maybe hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back