• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo Stand User Bracket Round 1 Match 7 (Giorno vs Johnny)

Johnny likely wins. One shot from Tusk act 3 to Giorno's head ends him. Given Giorno should be able to react though, I think Johnny can catch him off guard with the holes popping out from Giorno's blind spots.

this isn't a stomp tbh, people forget that Giorno has self heal and can turn projectiles into life, possibly use that to help
+ he has a very notable intelligence advantage
in fact I'd personally say Giorno might take the win

but we all agree that GER stomps act 4 right?

I think it's just unfair due to Johnny's easily done bfr and durability neg. Like if Gionro gets shot in his heart area or head its basically gg. iirc Giorno's regen is mainly off him using other objects to make new limbs, he couldnt make an entire chunk of his torso could he?

this isn't a stomp tbh, people forget that Giorno has self heal and can turn projectiles into life, possibly use that to help

Given cas hax probably. I am inclined that Johnny's ability likely would work though.

Ger stomps act 4.

I think it's just unfair due to Johnny's easily done bfr and durability neg. Like if Gionro gets shot in his heart area or head its basically gg. iirc Giorno's regen is mainly off him using other objects to make new limbs, he couldnt make an entire chunk of his torso could he?
well he revived bruno who got donutted
there's no reason to say he can't remake that as long as he reacts in time, but high stamina gives him a bit more time to do that
and also self healing is in pretty character, esp post babyface fight
and in a way GE one shots Johnny, if he can land the life giving sense destroyer thingy or whatever he can basically just beat him to death with some kind of 7 page muda
also the durability gap is
yknow
Giorno one shots if he lands a hit
voting Gio

well he revived bruno who got donutted
there's no reason to say he can't remake that as long as he reacts in time, but high stamina gives him a bit more time to do that
and also self healing is in pretty character, esp post babyface fight
and in a way GE one shots Johnny, if he can land the life giving sense destroyer thingy or whatever he can basically just beat him to death with some kind of 7 page muda
also the durability gap is
yknow
Giorno one shots if he lands a hit
voting Gio
I agree Gio has ap advantage. But literally anything he throws gets bfr'ed or dura negged. Like we saw how he treated Axl when he got tusk 3. The holes also home in on targets. It's really not looking good. I'm voting Johnny based off the fact he can easily catch Johnny with his holes.

I agree Gio has ap advantage. But literally anything he throws gets bfr'ed or dura negged. Like we saw how he treated Axl when he got tusk 3. The holes also home in on targets. It's really not looking good. I'm voting Johnny based off the fact he can easily catch Johnny with his holes.
Hmm can you go into more detail about how the holes work
the profile is kinda confusing

also what's stopping Giorno from creating a horse and chasing him around with it

Hmm can you go into more detail about how the holes work
the profile is kinda confusing

also what's stopping Giorno from creating a horse and chasing him around with it
Ok so basically, the holes will travel across the ground or be shot at someone and open a hole in them
image1.jpg

Here he can literally shoot you or have the hole go on you and just shoot through it to close the distance between him and gio or just on walls or somewhere that gio cant see.

image0.jpg

hmmmm
gonna go with inconclusive then, since Gio still has self healing and life giving damage reflection, which I have no clue how it would interact with that hole thing

hmmmm
gonna go with inconclusive then, since Gio still has self healing and life giving damage reflection, which I have no clue how it would interact with that hole thing
The damage reflection wouldn't work, if you are referring to the frog, then it'll get torn a part.

Yes. Johnny will always start off with nails. I’d say he prob wins here. Giornos healing needs him to go pick up some of the ground or somethin and turn it into parts of his body. That’s pretty much enough time for Johnny to shoot him more. Additionally, Johnny can just wormhole himself if Giorno gets close.
ah that wasn't my intention
I was just saying that I didn't know how that specific interaction would go sorry
normally he would just lead with trying to rush him right?

Giorno's win cons: Bfr, destroy with holes, homing attacks

Negations to Giorno's win cons: Can escape with holes, can ward off attacks with holes, has rel speed to giorno so its not an issue to dodge. Giorno's healing requires other objects around the environment to use, Johnny can attack those things as gio tries to pick it up.

Reasons Gio could win: Johnny's limit with the nails are only one hand unless he has both hands (i dont remember), he has some way of regenerating his nails but takes a few seconds so in this time Gio could pull something off to attack.

Yes. Johnny will always start off with nails. I’d say he prob wins here. Giornos healing needs him to go pick up some of the ground or somethin and turn it into parts of his body. That’s pretty much enough time for Johnny to shoot him more. Additionally, Johnny can just wormhole himself if Giorno gets close.
that a vote?

ight, since I nominated Gio I better back my boy (if it ain't gonna be a stomp).

Firstly, I think it's important to mention that in 'Golden Heart, Golden Ring', a canon light novel that Araki had direct involvement in, Giorno created an animal in the direct path of a sniper bullet that was shot from hundreds of meters away. The animal got shot through, and the wound was reflected onto the shooter, who was once again hundreds of meters away. The attack reflection has even been showed reflecting abilities, such as gravity manip. So yeah, if Johnny shoots nail bullets at Giorno from a long distance away, Giorno will deadass intercept that shit mid-flight.

As M3X touched upon, GE is going to have quite a large speed and AP advantage over Tusk ACT 1-3. Tusk ACT 1-3 won't scale to 8-C whilst GE does. GE is also stated to be a close-range power stand with direct backscaling from Part 3's MFTL stands, whilst ACT 1-3 don't have that scaling, so the speed gap could honestly be larger than the AP one. If speed were to stayed unequalised, Johnny probably won't even be able to hit Giorno with his bullets. That's without even getting into the hax GE has at close range, such as sense manipulation that can cause you to die of shock from just a couple punches. If the battle were to enter into CQC, GE will just decimate.

Giorno also has a large intelligence advantage over Johnny and is very analytical, perceptive and observant in battles, quickly deducting complicated enemies' stand abilities and finding their weaknesses. Along with life and soul sensing, Johnny's gonna have a very hard time catching Giorno off-guard or hit him in his blind spot, even if you equalise speed. There's also quite a few other neat shit that Gio has, such as supernatural willpower. Giorno can get hit numerous times by the nail bullets and he will just keep on coming at Johnny if he has to and, as seen with Chocolata, major injuries ain't gonna stop Gio from kicking the shit out of you. If he has to heal, given his feats against Ghiaccio and BIG, where he quite literally tears off his limbs, he'll definitely have the pain tolerance to focus it. Giorno also has some stealth shit in his arsenal, which he often uses in conjecture with his transmutation and animals. If Giorno uses attack reflection here, Johnny might not even see it coming.

holy crap this battle turned around completely in so little time
so anyways if GE life were to go through the hole then, knowing what we know now, the damage it took would be reflected onto johnny
but yknow, I still kinda like my idea of giorno making a horse...

Back