• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hisoka vs Illumi

I’m very bored due to insomnia, I hope this gets some conversation going.

Hisoka
vs
Illumi Zoldyck
—————
⚠️ Stipulations/Rules;
⚠️ Distance - 60 Meters
⚠️ Location - Desolate City
⚠️ Win Conditions - Death, K/O, BFR is NOT allowed.
⚠️ There is no prep, unless otherwise stated below the fighters names.
⚠️ In character, but bloodthirsty with the ability to still think logically.
⚠️ All Canon feats are allowed, Non Canon is null and void, unless otherwise specified.
—————
⚠️ Now, I understand this is hard to ask, but if you choose to answer on this post. Give a reason you believe what you say, “X wins bc of superior speed, AP, hax, etc. It’s not hard, simply saying, “X stomps”, brings no value to the post.

Hisoka
Illumi

Last edited:
I thought it was the other way around 🤔 link 👀
That in no way implies Illumi is stronger, Hisoka had a similar reaction when Illumi threatened Gons life, during the Exams. Iirc, even Illumi said, “yea I know, you’ll kill me.” Though I don’t take that to direct heart either, those scenes were just meant to show their dedication to their respected, idk, kid.

If I wanted to get reeeeeaaaaaal technical, we could argue when Hisoka rated Illumi a 95/100, the 100 was based on Hisoka, but that’s a meh argument at best imho.

Hisoka f*cking one-shot Shalnakr and Kortopi, two members of the troupe (I know this probably means little to nothing but I just wanted to mention this because this feat is pretty OP), has demonstrated more physical strength than Illumi and is actually comparable to Chrollo overall, who is implied to be capable of fighting evenly against high-tier characters such as Zeno and Silva, who both were portrayed as being superior to Illumi. The fight between him and Chrollo could ''probably'' have been different had Chrollo not had prep, this is the whole reason why he decided to eliminate the other troupe members so that he can one-on-one with Chrolllo again. I still believe Illumi can win but Hisoka should win this match at best high-dif.
He is? I thought it was the other way around 🤔 link 👀
Hisoka completely unfazed by this, he smiled.

who is implied to be capable of fighting evenly against high-tier characters such as Zeno and Silva, who both were portrayed as being superior to Illumi.
Was Zeno and Silva even fighting seriously?🤔 Chrollo was on the back foot the whole time and Zeno and Silva we're holding back

Hisoka f*cking one-shot Shalnakr and Kortopi
Neither of which had their Hatsu, I know Shalnark didn’t, it’s been ssoooooo damn long since I’ve read it over again, I can’t remember if Chrollo also stole Kortopi’s Hatsu.
At any rate, that’s not a solid scaling even if they had their Hatsu. Kortopi is purely supportive in the Ryodan, and Shalnark is NOT a H2H fighter, without his Automatic attack shit, that he didn’t have due to his Hatsu being “stolen” by Chrollo.
actually comparable to Chrollo overall
Gotta say I disagree, Chrollo absolutely controlled that entire fight. Chrollo was never on the losing side, not even by an iota. Chrollo outperformed Hisoka, in every conceivable way known to Hunter.

Chrollo was on the back foot the whole time and Zeno and Silva we're holding back
Did you even read the fight..? They were pressing the entire time, as hard as they could. Zeno told Silva to kill him if necessary to get the final blow, then Zeno literally went on to say, “had you not been fighting to steal our powers, you’d likely have won.”

Chrollo, without a doubt, is implied/and shown heavily to be amongst the strongest of all characters pre-introduction of Chimera Ants.

If there is no prep for Illumi and he doesn't even have needle people, then Hisoka definitely wins this. Lol, Illumi cannot solo hand-to-hand with Hisoka. At the very best Hisoka high-difs this.

Chrollo, without a doubt, is implied/and shown heavily to be amongst the strongest of all characters pre-introduction of Chimera Ants.
Can't think right now but there is definitely something wrong with what you showed/said. (I don't read 😅 only watch)

Can't think right now but there is definitely something wrong with what you showed/said. (I don't read 😅 only watch)
I implore you to prove me wrong, Zeno regularly spars with Netero, though he loses everytime. & Zeno himself admitted if Chrollo was trying, a 1v1 would have been an entirely different story. Alluding to the victory coming out to Chrollo’s side, how does this even dispute anything logically in verse? I’ll wait.

I implore you to prove me wrong, Zeno regularly spars with Netero, though he loses everytime. & Zeno himself admitted if Chrollo was trying, a 1v1 would have been an entirely different story. Alluding to the victory coming out to Chrollo’s side, how does this even dispute anything logically in verse? I’ll wait.
Zeno said with all of his strength... Did he use that all of his strength with hisoka?

Gotta say I disagree, Chrollo absolutely controlled that entire fight. Chrollo was never on the losing side, not even by an iota. Chrollo outperformed Hisoka, in every conceivable way known to Hunter.
As I said, that is because Chrollo had a massive battlefield advantage and prep. The fight could be different if they fought somewhere else and Chrollo didn't have prep. If Chrollo actually murders Hisoka in any way, shape or form, so why would Hisoka bother trying to anger him and fight him again?

Zeno said with all of his strength... Did he use that all of his strength with hisoka?
I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. MY PHONE JUST HAD A ******* SPAAAAAAZZ ATTACK.

As it stands, Hisoka pushed him to use more of his abilities than any other fighter ever has. So I’d argue, it’s heavily implied yes.

If Chrollo actually murders Hisoka in any way, shape or form, so why would Hisoka bother trying to anger him and fight him again?
The prep, and battle field is an okay counter, but the last part isn’t. Hisoka got absolutely embarrassed, his pride is hurt more than anything.
I won’t say Chrollo destroys him in a completely fair match, but I’d still give the edge to Chrollo. He’s just an absolute monster.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. MY PHONE JUST HAD A ******* SPAAAAAAZZ ATTACK.

As it stands, Hisoka pushed him to use more of his abilities than any other fighter ever has. So I’d argue, it’s heavily implied yes.

But won't Illumi be able to do exactly that? The same way Zeno and Silvia we're about to do?

Being able to make Chrollo use his other abilities
Ah, I mean, it would be completely headcanon.
In HxH the outcome of a match is heavily reliant on how your Hatsu measures up against another, coupled with your raw power/skill.
I’m inclined to argue that Hisoka is definitely the superior in H2H combat, compared to Illumi.

While Chrollo was straight throwing blows with Hisoka during their fight.

It’s not impossible to assume he could push Chrollo as well, it’s just impossible to base it as anything close to fact.

Well it isn't since Illumi is portrayed to be the same tier as Hisoka
Again, I reiterate
In HxH the outcome of a match is heavily reliant on how your Hatsu measures up against another, coupled with your raw power/skill.
I’m inclined to argue that Hisoka is definitely the superior in H2H combat, compared to Illumi.

While Chrollo was straight throwing blows with Hisoka during their fight.

I know... But saying Hisoka who is portrayed to be the same league as Illumi is stronger because he could go up against Chrollo doesn't mean much...
I’m not calling Hisoka stronger based on that argument? They’re basically nigh equal, I just believe Hisoka edges out in physical strength/H2H capabilities? Where did you get the presumption I meant Hisoka was stronger due to a fight he got demolished in?

I shouldn’t have to argue why being tiered at the same level, doesn’t mean you’re 100% without fallible error, equal.
I really shouldn’t. 🤦🏽
I know but you are saying that Hisoka has physical strength over Illumi when there is nothing that shows that.

I guess I'm voting inconclusive after all since no one is bringing up their abilities and what they are good at... Also we haven't seen what Illumi can do

Back