• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

1-A for Living Tribunal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I strongly disagree with rating the Living Tribunal as 1-A, and would prefer if we close this thread.

It was shown that he embodies the dualities within the multiverse in his different faces, and that there once was a fourth face in the form of the Stranger. That is all.

Antvasima said:
It was shown that he embodies the dualities within the multiverse in his different faces, and that there once was a fourth face in the form of the Stranger. That is all.
He doesn not just embody them, he transcends them likewise.

Being greater than all of the concepts individually, does not mean being stronger compared to them than a High 1-B is compared to an 11-C.

Well it's stated that he transcends space-time and all opposing realities. I don't see why this would not indicate him transcending the infinite dimensional multiverse.

Antvasima said:
Being greater than all of the concepts individually, does not mean being stronger compared to them than a High 1-B is compared to an 11-C.
Well he transcends dualities which should include un-time and un-space, making him at least 1-A.

Nothing the Tribunal says here is very direct proof of 1-A, nor are they statements that have not been made for characters far lesser than him, both in and out of Marvel.

The Tribunal was still killed by entities who were very clearly bound by their own form of time, on top of never demonstrating superiority to the other multi-abstracts (sans Oblivion) on a conceptual level. He does not have statements remotely in the same league as someone such as Oblivion.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Nothing the Tribunal says here is very direct proof of 1-A, nor are they statements that have not been made for characters far lesser than him, both in and out of Marvel.
The Tribunal was still killed by entities who were very clearly bound by their own form of time, on top of never demonstrating superiority to the other multi-abstracts (sans Oblivion) on a conceptual level. He does not have statements remotely in the same league as someone such as Oblivion.
That was 1) weakened Tribunal, 2) apparently 1-B version of him.

Alonis3612 said:
That was 1) weakened Tribunal, 2) apparently 1-B version of him.
I'm not referring to the Chaos and Order incident. I mean the Beyonders, who killed the true Tribunal.
I was speaking about the same instance.

What suggests he was weakened on such a conceptual level that he dropped that far, in that instance?
Beyonders already killed a lot of beings such as Celestials and Abstracts, all of whom are part of LT, likely weakening him. Plus the number of universes and the time was just thousands of universes, not infinite number if I am not mistaken.

Going by what is happening in Dark Knights: Metal, Dream of The Endless might be more powerful than The Living Tribunal.

That's the thing, though. If destroying those components of TLT weakened him that much, he would not have been 1-A in the first place. The Beyonders would just have been knocking a High 1-B down to a lower degree of High 1-B.

That's the thing, though. If destroying those components of TLT weakened him that much, he would not have been 1-A in the first place. The Beyonders would just have been knocking a High 1-B down to a lower degree of High 1-B.
Of course, that is why I said that he is not always 1-A, only his strongest incarnations. The same was in Crossover Marvel vs. DC where LT < Brothers who were the embodiments of just megaverses.

We have no conclusive proof of the LT being 1-A, whereas we have repeated strong evidence that he is High 1-B.

@Alonis

There is no way a 1-A can be brought down to High 1-B level by anyone who isnt 1-A in the first place. So saying the LT was weakened due to the beyonders (who arent 1-A) or anything doesnt make sense.

Antvasima said:
We have no conclusive proof of the LT being 1-A, whereas we have repeated strong evidence that he is High 1-B.
But he is above the concepts of duality.

Oh wait, and Matthew, you were telling that LT can't survive the destruction of the multiverse, yet I remembered that In Thanos: Infinity Finale Adam Warlock as the embodiment of a single universe, destroyed it along with all abstracts, and survived it. So multiversal old LT should be well capable of the same.

@Azzy

Look at this:

https://imgur.com/a/m69t2

The Dark Multiverse is immensely larger than the entire DCU, being an older subconscious ocean where the whole DC Multiverse floats in. That alone is crazy, but here's more, from Scott Snyder:

"We know about the Multiverse: 52 Universes, it's our whole cosmology. And just like scientists recently discovered that there's dark matter, dark energy, and it comprises a majority of our universe and we're unable to perceive it, this idea was almost like, 'Well, what if the same holds true for the DCU? And there's this roiling, volatile, oceanic, subconscious realm to the DCU that we don't know and is completely unexplored?'
And:

Yeah. The way the Dark Multiverse works is that your fears and your fantasies exist there. There are 52 known universes in the Multiverse as we know it, right? But the ocean of the Dark Multiverse is roiling, fluid place, where anything you fear or think becomes material and then bubbles back back. But, if something down there decided they pluck the things from your nightmares and bring them here, to our universe, they could.
So the Dark Multiverse is made of subconscious fears, fantasies and nightmares.

And in the same issue which the Dark Multiverse was explained, Dream of the Endless appeared.

It is very likely that the Dark Multiverse is under Dream's dominion, as it is made of dreams.

PaChi2 said:
@Alonis
There is no way a 1-A can be brought down to High 1-B level by anyone who isnt 1-A in the first place. So saying the LT was weakened due to the beyonders (who arent 1-A) or anything doesnt make sense.
How many times should I repeat that that was a weaker version of LT? Considering the inconsistency of LT's power, I think that it is well probably that LT could be 1-A at full power.

He is comprised of all concepts of duality between different conceptual entities in the multiverse, and is stronger than all of them individually. I do not see how that warrants a 1-A rating.

Antvasima said:
He is comprised of all concepts of duality between different conceptual entities in the multiverse, and is stronger than all of them individually. I do not see how that warrants a 1-A rating.
If Living Tribunal trancends the realm of time and space which according to your system is infinite-dimensional, then it was definitely meant that he transcends not just the duality concepts of abstract entities, but all possible dualities as well, because otherwise he would not transcend time and space.

Transcending a certain number of dimensions of time and space does not automatically mean transcending the concepts in their entireties, and again, he has been stated to be the sum totality of all High 1-B abstract entities, and the embodiment of the Marvel multiverse.

This is very tiresome. I would much prefer if you drop this subject so we can close this thread.

Antvasima said:
Transcending a certain number of dimensions of time and space does not automatically mean transcending the concepts in their entireties, and again, he has been stated to be the sum totality of all High 1-B abstract entities, and the embodiment of the Marvel multiverse.
This is very tiresome. I would much prefer if you drop this subject so we can close this thread.
Even DarkLK is not against LT being 1-A, though I don't know if you care about that.

Well if you want to close this thread OK, but that doesn't mean anything. Anyway, can I suggest update for other characters on other discussions?

Well, I am firmly opposed to giving embodiments of multiversal space-time continuums 1-A ratings, as it does not make any logical sense. And I would much prefer if you do not cause further problems with our Marvel cosmic entities ratings.

Antvasima said:
Well, I am firmly opposed to giving embodiments of multiversal space-time continuums 1-A ratings, as it does not make any logical sense. And I would much prefer if you do not cause further problems with our Marvel cosmic entities ratings.
Well i always noticed that your scale of universal abstracts and Odin, Silver Surfer are too low.

We will update the universal abstracts to 2-A eventually, by scaling from the Celestials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back