• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

07th expansion cosmology buff due to 07th theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
also the dialogue makes it very clear to refer to the series shown as "works". Meaning that it may well not just be the story of umineko recorded in bern's catbox. but thats just headcanon

But that's still just 1-B.
the work 'umineko' is different from the story of "Umineko" the work 'umineko' would mean everything in the visual novel, such as featherine's domain. while the story "umineko" would just be whats recorded in the CoB

when are the layers shown to work like a cycle
I don't know. That's just what I have been told by people that know Trianthology. But even if they do not form a cycle it's still illogical since the Kakeras exist outside each other in the meta world which would be nonsensical as they should be inside each other because of viewing the worlds as fiction. And even ignoring all of that just adding 2-3 layers to the cosmology will not have any significant impact on the overall tiers. Perhaps at most the lower tiered people will be slightly affected like the Beato's territory keys.

the work 'umineko' is different from the story of "Umineko" the work 'umineko' would mean everything in the visual novel, such as featherine's domain. while the story "umineko" would just be whats recorded in the CoB
That's just conjecture. Nothing concrete enough to change the cosmology.

iirc only the titles of the episodes in umineko have been title dropped as a part of ikuko/featherine's forgeries. So there is a possibility.
I guess it can be possibly 1-B. Would prefer concrete evidence though. Also 1-A is completely out of the question. Any plane of existence being above the creator's domain within the cosmology sounds dumb. Also voyagers seem to be present in this event(and also appear to have some agency power wise) and they are explicitly below the creator's domain.

I guess it can be possibly 1-B. Would prefer concrete evidence though. Also 1-A is completely out of the question. Any plane of existence being above the creator's domain within the cosmology sounds dumb. Also voyagers seem to be present in this event(and also appear to have some agency power wise) and they are explicitly below the creator's domain.
Nah, everyone is > Creators. Creator/s are the new Presence :D

There's also a new rank, master of ceremonies ( though im not sure if that changes anything)

I believe the masters of ceremonies are shown have the same authority as well, as they were able to bring characters from their work into the theater

I don't know. That's just what I have been told by people that know Trianthology. But even if they do not form a cycle it's still illogical since the Kakeras exist outside each other in the meta world which would be nonsensical as they should be inside each other because of viewing the worlds as fiction. And even ignoring all of that just adding 2-3 layers to the cosmology will not have any significant impact on the overall tiers. Perhaps at most the lower tiered people will be slightly affected like the Beato's territory keys.
I don’t think them existing outside each other in the meta world really means anything as those are just conceptual representations of them and Trianthology literally addresses that by saying the fragments are independent at first sight but in actuality are connected in the form of a hierarchy.

I don’t think them existing outside each other in the meta world really means anything as those are just conceptual representations of them and Trianthology literally addresses that by saying the fragments are independent at first sight but in actuality are connected in the form of a hierarchy.
This is untrue as we are explicitly told in EP8 that the Kakeras actually contain the worlds(which is the whole basis of tier 1 to begin with). Also repeating something again does not address it. It would still be a logical contradiction. And we aren't really told what this "hierarchy" represents anyway. It could be a hierarchy in which one work comes before another in a metanarrative. This does not need to be an ontological hierarchy. The point is that if they form an ontological hierarchy they would exist inside each other because that's how kakeras should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back