• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz'z Indie Stats Equal Tournament: Round 8- Apocalypse Bird vs Teseo (0-0-0)

So uh, whats Teseo got vs Apoc Bird even with the hax restrictions? Pretty sure BLACK and PALE damage absolutely rocks Teseo lol

So uh, whats Teseo got vs Apoc Bird even with the hax restrictions? Pretty sure BLACK and PALE damage absolutely rocks Teseo lol
He can summon a mech to fight for him, which I think would be immune to those damage types. This is the mech by the way:

Image doesnt work, sorry. Though, Apoc Bird does have Technology Manip- mainly causing all the lights in the L Corp facility to die, not even lighters can produce light in its presence. It can also cause Qliphoth meltdowns in the containment chambers as well, so it may just passively cause the mech to freak out

Image doesnt work, sorry. Though, Apoc Bird does have Technology Manip- mainly causing all the lights in the L Corp facility to die, not even lighters can produce light in its presence. It can also cause Qliphoth meltdowns in the containment chambers as well, so it may just passively cause the mech to freak out
That might not work thanks to these two abilities
Layered Hacking(can hack into devices and create coding that is nigh-impossible to get past, which even the Azure Striker could not alter)
(Adepts can increase the output of their Septima through intense emotions, usually through anger)-at the moment this is just listed as Rage Power, but I just finished a CRT to also classify this as Empowerment. So Apocalypse Bird's passive fear inducement will strengthen Teseo.

I mean, still, Teseo still needs to get past BLACK/PALE damage mainly. He also doesnt seem to resist Possession, so as long as Big Eyes is on the field (along with Small Beak and Long Arms), Apoc Bird can just possess him to get closer and then smash him
(by the way, Big Eyes, Small Beak, and Long Arms are eggs scattered around the facility. Smashing them automatically beats Apoc Bird, but to get to them, you gotta get by Apoc Bird who can teleport to them at a moments notice)

And thats gonna be easy for it since it has Big Bird's enhanced vision as well

(Granted i should probably give Teseo prior knowledge of the eggs)

I mean, still, Teseo still needs to get past BLACK/PALE damage mainly. He also doesnt seem to resist Possession, so as long as Big Eyes is on the field (along with Small Beak and Long Arms), Apoc Bird can just possess him to get closer and then smash him
(by the way, Big Eyes, Small Beak, and Long Arms are eggs scattered around the facility. Smashing them automatically beats Apoc Bird, but to get to them, you gotta get by Apoc Bird who can teleport to them at a moments notice)

And thats gonna be easy for it since it has Big Bird's enhanced vision as well
So is it assumed that Teseo would have prior knowledge regarding these eggs?

Yeah just realized i shouldve done that while making this, my bad. yeah, prior knowledge is given. egg locations are scattered around the arena
Teseo does have Teleportation so he can probably go to the eggs as soon as the fight starts, although it seems the same can be said for Apocalypse Bird as well so they would probably end up face-to-face with each other regardless. Does Apocalypse Bird's Resistance to Reality Warping also include Spatial Manipulation and Information Manipulation(Type 2)?

Pretty sure RW, IM Type 2, and Spatial Manip fall above the High hax tier (anything above High is restricted), so uh
sorry m8

Uh, basically, its Darkness Manip along with Tech Manip basically ensures that no light will ever rise in its vicinity. Ever. As for why is own energy blasts arent affected, i dont know, but they arent. Mehgic or something

But yeah. Nothing light based will ever work until Big Eyes is smashed (which will also prevent useage of Possession and the energy barrage), but the question now becomes- can Teseo smash the eggs in time? Probably not

Possession works on any employee from any distance in the facility, and forces them to come to Apoc Bird (in which they will be freed from it but need to fight the bird itself), and in the brief time Teseo is there, it can smash its fists into him dealing its BLACK damage. Its PALE damage is also pretty much gonna hit Teseo no matter what (hundreds of kilometers). I mean, sure, Teseo could teleport away, but theres nothing stopping Apoc Bird from Possessing him, and while he's on his way to go fist fight the bird, it just pops the PALE attack (we will call this attack Judgement to make it simpler)

Uh, basically, its Darkness Manip along with Tech Manip basically ensures that no light will ever rise in its vicinity. Ever. As for why is own energy blasts arent affected, i dont know, but they arent. Mehgic or something

But yeah. Nothing light based will ever work until Big Eyes is smashed (which will also prevent useage of Possession and the energy barrage), but the question now becomes- can Teseo smash the eggs in time? Probably not

Possession works on any employee from any distance in the facility, and forces them to come to Apoc Bird (in which they will be freed from it but need to fight the bird itself), and in the brief time Teseo is there, it can smash its fists into him dealing its BLACK damage. Its PALE damage is also pretty much gonna hit Teseo no matter what (hundreds of kilometers). I mean, sure, Teseo could teleport away, but theres nothing stopping Apoc Bird from Possessing him, and while he's on his way to go fist fight the bird, it just pops the PALE attack (we will call this attack Judgement to make it simpler)
Well, I guess that settles it then. I tguess even with the hax restriction Teseo didn't really stand a chance this one , I definitely should have picked Zonda instead.

Yeahhhhh, Apoc Bird has some really nasty combos it can pull off. Sure, it does take it a small moment to cast each attack- but if blud's already possessed, may as well be game over
You wanna see if you can get some second opinions in the main chat of the tournament to help ya case, or is the white flag being raised?

Yeahhhhh, Apoc Bird has some really nasty combos it can pull off. Sure, it does take it a small moment to cast each attack- but if blud's already possessed, may as well be game over
You wanna see if you can get some second opinions in the main chat of the tournament to help ya case, or is the white flag being raised?
No thanks I'm good. It's pretty clear that Apocalypse Bird wins this one.

Fair enough. Yeah i felt a little bad for Teseo here, because without the hax restrictions he wouldve won (well, debatable, Apoc Bird's Abno Physiology gives him AE, but moot point)....but yeah. Welcome to Project Moon. it is dumb

Okay, I have a question, what is considered "high hax"?

Because in order for Teseo to function as well as he does, he typically just digitizes the space and everything in it first, so if the bird happens to be there, he'd just... get digitized and die

Okay, I have a question, what is considered "high hax"?

Because in order for Teseo to function as well as he does, he typically just digitizes the space and everything in it first, so if the bird happens to be there, he'd just... get digitized and die
Yeah, that sorta stuff would be considered above "High" anyways if the opponent has to way to avoid it. Set 1 Matches are closed anyways soooo

Back