• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

I am not sure if existing inside someone's mind is enough for abstract existence
It's not. I was just going against your claim that he only has a physical body.
Being nonphysical isn't the critera I was using for abstract existence, but I wasn't actually going to give it KnT unless I could prove he can reappear indefinitely due to being Touma's ability that happened to gain sentience.

Gaining an ego/self as a subsequence of embodying the amalgamation of 2.3 million espers' subconscious interference with reality doesn't sound abstract to you?
That has absolutely nothing to do with being abstract, at all.

Again, AIM is just an invisible energy espers release, it becoming conscious doesn't suddenly make it abstract.

Is there ability in Toaru that use words as basis? Like Inumaki Toge in Jujutsu Kaisen or Stylist/Language User in Medaka Box besides Aureolus.

Can we say that chanting spell is one of them?
I think the chant didn't use any words, no? So it's not the same as the others (at least, you asked for words based magic specifically)

I heard Radio Drama of Toaru and they say chanting spells is one of many how to manifest magic.
Well, yeah, vocal or verbal chants, ceremonies, hand signs, there are many ways to use magic in Toaru.

Any specific reason you're asking this tho?

I think the chant didn't use any words, no? So it's not the same as the others (at least, you asked for words based magic specifically)

Well, yeah, vocal or verbal chants, ceremonies, hand signs, there are many ways to use magic in Toaru.

Any specific reason you're asking this tho?
I'm thinking is there any way that magic can influence Iihiko Shishime with his annoying Irreversible Destruction.

I'm thinking is there any way that magic can influence Iihiko Shishime with his annoying Irreversible Destruction.
Oh then no lol, the magic would just have to outscale his verse’s cosmology, they don’t have any spells in the series that would actually work on him if you don’t take that into consideration though

Oh then no lol, the magic would just have to outscale his verse’s cosmology, they don’t have any spells in the series that would actually work on him if you don’t take that into consideration though
Pretty much this, iirc Iihiko's hax had some kind of 4D scaling, it can null everything in Toaru minus the 11D hax.

Anyone have Aleister's feats regarding shifting position in Windowless Building? I don't know the keywords.

I'm back from getting screwed by life, lel.

I have started doing rough drafts for Bologna Succubus and Mut Thebes.

Scaling-wise, the former is outright 6-B due to brawling with a triple reload boosted Aradia and the latter is 9-B physically via being able to take hits from Touma and 5-B via Dead Phoenix AP-wise through via being the strongest firepower-wise when compared to Good, Old Mary and Aradia (and maybe being able to absorb CRC's powers helps too) and Dura-wise from being able to endure a direct attack from Kingford and Aleister's magic (with an assist from Coronzon)

... Also, I am making a Dorm Manager profile due to her feats in MO manga (and the fact that she is apparently a cyborg of some type per Yuiitsu's observation)

We don't know how to apply the A.A.A. ratings from this Fanta disaster
Also I can't in good conscience write current misaka as being stronger than Level-6-Shiftkoto
Just upscale the A.A.A to Misaka's railgun which is above Misaka's other attacks via it being her trump card per Misaka's own words. Or something, lel.

Idk, man. Misaka had time to train her Esper power (evident as she popped the Iron Sand Giant out of nowhere and learned Rampage Dressing an unknown time after the L6S incident as per AB manga) and had some character development to aid her in getting stronger. I think I also pulled up that the editor outright said Misaka gotten stronger after said incident too. So it stands to reason Current-koto might actually just be stronger that Shift-koto now.

... Or we could use Mental Out vs. Railgun spinoff for scaling. Didn't it had smth that implied Shift-koto is comparable to Hyouka or am I capping?

Or we could use Mental Out vs. Railgun spinoff for scaling. Didn't it had smth that implied Shift-koto is comparable to Hyouka or am I capping?
It has L6S straight up fighting a Kazakiri-Absorbed version of Misaki, but it's still non-canon, there isn't anything we can do with it.

Also, I am pretty sure the problem with AAA scaling is that it has several different weapons and most of them really don't seem to be 6B or anything even close to that.

It has L6S straight up fighting a Kazakiri-Absorbed version of Misaki, but it's still non-canon, there isn't anything we can do with it.

Also, I am pretty sure the problem with AAA scaling is that it has several different weapons and most of them really don't seem to be 6B or anything even close to that.
Forgot that, lel.

We do still have Othinus saying folks during the Coronzon Arc was interested in Misaka's A.A.A and saw more hope in the unexpected reinforcements than in their own stable forces and Misaka considered it above her own powers... or we can just scale it above her physicals and call it a day.

Forgot that, lel.

We do still have Othinus saying folks during the Coronzon Arc was interested in Misaka's A.A.A and saw more hope in the unexpected reinforcements than in their own stable forces and Misaka considered it above her own powers...
Yeah, maybe if we only scale the strongest AAA weapons?

or we can just scale it above her physicals and call it a day.
What? Why would we do that at all?

Maybe, idk. I got a bunch of pocket Tier 9 to Tier 9 physical feats (calc'ed), that I ain't making a CRT for since I already make a mess already in this regard lel and figure the best course of action atm is to just make profiles for the peps without a profile despite them being important to ToAru like the rest of the transcendents.

The other problem is that it proposed the A.A.A. is supposed to scale in dura as well, while one of the current justifications is that the weapon barrels were bent by 8-C Elements.

Myself personally, I'd rather just not adapt the portions of the CRT that didn't address the current justifications for tiers.

Let's just put anything regarding Misaka's scaling in the backburner for now since even I don't remember anything about that CRT (and cuz some of the stuff there has been invalided by CRTs done later, IIRC). I pretty much done the same for my recent ToAru CRT since I am waiting for the Alice CRT to finish (and I need to resolve some calc stuff) before continuing it.

Oh ye. Minor thing. Should we be cataloguing Misaka's Esper ability stuff in tiering shit like AP, LS, SS and Dura as "The Railgun" and her railgun attack as, well... "Railgun Attack"?
Mikoto’s ability was dubbed the railgun, as she could control and manipulate electricity. Even if she didn’t move, there would be a weak electric field, so animals normally wouldn’t like to approach her. - TAMI V9 C1P3
Her ability is named this in canon, after all. Might be a bit confusing, tho.

'greed. We could probs put down a note in her profile somewhere that states Misaka's ability name is "Railgun" but isn't called as such in the profile and only referred as Esper Ability to prevent confusion over her trump card, i.e, her railgun attack, for the reader's sake.

Or you could just list it as electromaster in all instances you aren’t directly referring to the Railgun
I really think the way we do it currently is the best, as it makes it clear what is in each tier, grouping them all in a single name wouldn't help, the railgun is a part of her Electromaster ability just like the others.

Here's a sandbox I got for Touma and Aleister. Give me your thoughts. Still thinking about AP and speed justifications.
About Touma, IMO, that's not Law manipulation and conversion to existence just seems wrong, all that Touma did was destroy the cloud, CRC coming back to existence is a natural consequence of the cloud being no more, Touma himself didn't directly cause him to come back.

As for Aleister, please just stop using "same as in base", mainly because he's clearly 5B physically in the Aleiszon form so that's wrong anyway, he should be plain 5B and that's it, not like there's even such a thing as "normal spells" by Toaru standards and much less when it comes to Aleister.

As for his abilities, there's no reason for him to lose his type 6 immortality, the fact he could possess Coronzon's body after his death is by itself proof he kept this ability regardless of the Crowley Hazards being annihilated.

About Touma, IMO, that's not Law manipulation
What do you suggest
he's clearly 5B physically in the Aleiszon form so that's wrong anyway, he should be plain 5B and that's it,
kay
As for his abilities, there's no reason for him to lose his type 6 immortality,
For SoG key (which shouldn't even exist), him possessing Coronzon required sparks and spray shenanigans and is basically a miracle. It's not something he can reliably replicate.

To give his current form type 6, where do you think he'll go to after getting killed in coronzon's body

About Touma, IMO, that's not Law manipulation and conversion to existence just seems wrong, all that Touma did was destroy the cloud, CRC coming back to existence is a natural consequence of the cloud being no more, Touma himself didn't directly cause him to come back.

As for Aleister, please just stop using "same as in base", mainly because he's clearly 5B physically in the Aleiszon form so that's wrong anyway, he should be plain 5B and that's it, not like there's even such a thing as "normal spells" by Toaru standards and much less when it comes to Aleister.

As for his abilities, there's no reason for him to lose his type 6 immortality, the fact he could possess Coronzon's body after his death is by itself proof he kept this ability regardless of the Crowley Hazards being annihilated.
He used a non-existent poison that forced CRC to return to its natural existence - this is an appeal to existence

What do you suggest
As Aseka said, it should be a combo of Mind and Fear hax, but instead of Transmutation it should have Matter Manipulation for its ability to also control inanimate objects.

For SoG key (which shouldn't even exist)
Both SoG and Blood Sacrifice shouldn't be their own keys actually, as both come from amps that his "base form" can use, same reason Accel's Wings aren't keys.

, him possessing Coronzon required sparks and spray shenanigans and is basically a miracle. It's not something he can reliably replicate.
Ehhhhh

The novel also said it was because of Aleister's curse to never accomplish his goals, the point is, even these two things obviously took advantage of his pre-existing ability to swap/possess bodies.

To give his current form type 6, where do you think he'll go to after getting killed in coronzon's body
As we saw with Coronzon, any soulless body (or well, even a momentarily dead body, as was Coronzon's) works for him.

Back