• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur General Discussion Thread

Its from Sekiro shadows die twice, the protagonist Wolf is a ninja and can block musket bullets from inches away. Its around the same timeframe as SC too iirc so guess that's the sort of firearm we'd use for the calc I guess?
Iirc Sekiro has gun dodging feats with muskets, Wolf blocks bullets literally inches from the barrel and I think Mitsu in SC2's intro isn't that far away from the shooter. Nvm the fact he casually cuts an arrow in half while he's running too
I think that was done in a crt awhile back, mostly cause of the so called anti-feats of Mitsu trying to surpass rifles. Nvm the fact he blocks bullets point blank basically in 2's intro and in 6 has an auto projectile counter in his sheathed stance
Also Mitsurugi hsd issues early with firing weapons, like the saying "dont bring a sword to a gun fight"

Although i think its stated he surpassed these for a long time
This should be enough evidence to give the New Timeline SC characters to be at the very least Subsonic, if not higher due to him casually cutting arrows and blocking bullets with his sword.

Another thing I like to discuss is the stat amplifications for the characters.

There are no specifications on how much stronger the SC characters get with these stat amps (that come from their weapons), but I was thinking of this:

You know how some of the weapons a character has equipped will show all of it's stats on the SC Wiki page? Here's an example.

Let's just assume the weapon page I linked has an attack of 150. Since the normal max is 100, wouldn't that increase the wielder's AP by 1.5x?

I've also seen some people say that it would be a 150% increase, but I feel like that's a stretch.

The CGMs just want proof whether or not the lightning is real. I already gave them some proof, so hopefully they respond.

One thing I will also like to add to the CRT is changing all of the SC characters who are listed as 'Unknown' in their Original Timeline keys to 'Possibly/Likely High 6-A', just like I did for Yun-Seong and Seong Mi-na.

Oh.

Bambu questioned how the lightning is real if it goes through an indoor environment, but I showed him proof of it working outdoors.
Thats like asking how characters get access to stuff when doing their supers and such, its a video game lol

Also i asked what proof you sent or such
Yeah cuz i remember there were two feats with it used, Yoshimitsu was one as well

Even if all goes wrong, and the MHS stuff gets rejected, we can still fall back on this:

Remember this?

So I asked a calc member about this, and they pointed me to this source.

Looking at the statements for how fast explosions are, the feat can range anywhere from Supersonic+ all the way up to High Hypersonic.

So to summarize what we have so far:

Old Timeline

At least Supersonic+ to High Hypersonic travel speed via Taki outrunning explosions.

Massively Hypersonic reactions and combat speed via Yun-Seong dodging lightning. Other characters like Yoshitmitsu have done the same, and are comparable if not superior to Yun. Link to the calculation.

Giving Inorganic Physiology to Nightmare in his 5-C key via him being a suit of armour animated by the will of Soul Edge. Here are further justifications.

Giving all of the SC characters who are labeled as 'Unknown' in their Old Timeline keys as 'Possibly/Likely High 6-A since they should be able to hold their own against the other SC characters.

New Timeline

Everyone who appears in the New Timeline will have the following:

At very least Subsonic speeds via scaling to Mitsurugi.

Potentially High 6-A for all of the characters via scaling to Cassandra who fought her past self (Old Timeline Cassandra vs New Timeline Cassandra).

Did I miss anything y'all?

Potentially High 6-A for all of the characters via scaling to Cassandra who fought her past self (Old Timeline Cassandra vs New Timeline Cassandra).
I think the New Timeline keys should be labeled as the following:

"At least High 6-C/High 6-C+ [Insert justification here], possibly High 6-A [Insert Cassandra justification here]"

"At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B [Insert justification here], possibly High 6-A [Insert Cassandra justification here]"

In general you gotta look up more stuff and connect far more dots to create a bigger thing, better look up manuals, bios and official sites, especially in japanese and more of the games cutscenes and such

Also looking up games that werent considered part of main series, they might have proof of being and have stuff to them to help more

Well been over 1 year since this, but i got Soul Calibur 6 for ps4 as Easter gift

Gotta say the 8 way movement and horizontal-vertical attacks, plus kicks and guarding is different from any fighting game played so far, but wanna get good at it

Back