• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zrazar Shadowpelt vs Samson Medici

GreyFang82

He/Him
Shadowpelt: "You won't defeat me! You and your people will pay for everything you have ever done to us!"

Samson: "Nice Arcane Focus, too bad you won't be able to cast another spell with it after I break it... break your face that is."

Fight takes place with the two 15 feet apart

Who wins and why?

Zrazar Shadowpelt:

Samson Medici:

Inconclusive:

ZrazarRendered
Samson+CountingStars

"Shall we compare the speed of our attack rushes?"

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA"

"[Insert displacer beast noise over and over again]"

Alright.

So the Stand is only visible with truesight which unlike certain characters in the Homebrew, Zrazar lacks. As far as he knows, he's fighting some invisible enemy.

I should note that while it doesn't totally negate the invisible enemy, Zrazar does have Blind fighting feats (most of the bosses did at the time, it fit well with their lives lived in the dark). His Displacer Beast doesn't really have that but also has the blur thing.

In-character moves for Zrazar would be to create a floating disc and spam spells (burning hands being the favorite but others being typical as well) while commanding his displacer beast to grapple and maul the main target. Samson?

Yes, but Samson is able to block and parry attacks with Counting Stars, also doing stuff like grappling Samson or status effecting Samson doesn't effect Counting Star's performance so it can go full ham on the Beast while Samson stabs it in the face.

Burning Hands will hurt, but Samson has tanked one point blank and still had enough in him to go a full round with another creature. Not to mention he was in a whole other fight with two people before the burning hands.

By the Time the beast is dead or at least incapped he would have taken quite a bit of damage and could simply linger out of his burning hand's range and toss his coins and heal himself up.

From there, I'm not sure.

Grappling and pinning isn't a status effect, it's just physically exerting force

I should note that if you're not familiar with the Displacer Beast, it has an exactly 50% chance to instantly dodge all incoming attacks unless you have methods of seeing through the displacement effects. This means dispatching is not as easy as one might think.

Grappling and Pinning is a status effect in 5e... so? I dunno what do say, I mean if we allow stuff from 3.5e into 5e characters, why not for 5e to 3.5e?

What's the displacement effect?

Back